Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Aftermarket 2.0L injectors and rails?
JeffBowlsby
post Jul 15 2023, 05:18 PM
Post #1

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Anyone used these? I thought there was a thread on them a couple years ago but could not locate it.

https://injector-rehab.com/product/complete...ctors-included/
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
JamesJ
post Jul 15 2023, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 24,202
Region Association: Northern California

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=363611

This thread, Jeff?
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Jul 16 2023, 06:07 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Yes, I started a thread about them. At the time they were unable to get all the parts. I even expressed the idea of a group buy and they seemed open about it. He used the different nos injectors I had for the testing comparison. Injectors for kit are supposed to be spot on. I will have to find his business card.
+Quote Post
914sgofast2
post Jul 16 2023, 06:45 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,855

I think there was a discussion of these new style Bosch injector kits somewhere over on the Samba website in the Bay Window Bus Forum. That company had made a new style injector kit for use in VW Buses too.
+Quote Post
gord
post Apr 19 2024, 07:38 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 24,334
Region Association: Canada

I'm bumping this thread because I just installed these in my car (a 1972 that was swapped to a 2.0 with D-Jet by a previous owner). I had 2 leaking injectors, and found the Injector Rehab solution after I was unable to successfully order 4 new hose-style injectors.

Some observations:

1) The overall quality is excellent, and everything you need to plumb it into the fuel line is included. The supplied AN fittings allow much better placement of the fuel hose as it comes into the rail than the factory setup.

2) Installing this requires modifying the factory fuel injection harness by removing the ancient D-Jet quick-connect spade connectors and replacing them with modern Jetronic connectors (not sure if this is what L-Jet already uses?). While everything you need to plumb the fuel line is included, you will need to source the electrical parts yourself (I found Jetronic connectors on Amazon, crimped them in and insulated with heat-shrink tubing).

3) It took me a couple of tries to get the new fuel injectors to seat correctly. I had a massive vacuum leak the first time I started the motor (idle was around 4000 rpm) and it was all because one injector was no longer seated properly. Basically you need to fiddle with them as you bolt down the rail so they don't move out of position while you're tightening it up.

Here are pictures of the completed install:

Attached Image

Attached Image

+Quote Post
gord
post Apr 19 2024, 07:38 PM
Post #6

Double post.
+Quote Post
Zaffer
post Apr 20 2024, 08:15 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 7,343
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Thanks for the pictures! I might go this route with my FI, once I get to that point. A more modern injector is enticing, even with keeping the factory FI system!
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Apr 20 2024, 08:42 AM
Post #8

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Nice to see this installed, thanks for posting. Can you elaborate?

Do the fuel rails or AN fittings touch the engine tin?

How rigid is this assembly? Its cantilevered, what are the possibilities that it will deflect enough to cause the injector bodies to become dislodged?

Are these post engine install only? It appears that the fuel rails would conflict with the engine shelf on each side if the engine were dropped.

Do the fuel injector branches on the harness really need to be extended? From the photos, there appears to be plenty of harness left if the harness connections are correctly rotated. Be sure to cover any exposed wires 100% in heat shrink. Engine heat will be the death of the exposed wires in short order. Also concerned about the same condition in your existing harness by cyl #3 in the second photo, and hope those wires are not already baked.
+Quote Post
gord
post Apr 20 2024, 11:02 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Apr 20 2024, 08:42 AM) *

Nice to see this installed, thanks for posting. Can you elaborate?

Do the fuel rails or AN fittings touch the engine tin?

Nothing touches the engine tin, they mount on the same posts as the factory pressure/retaining plate. My existing injectors no longer had the L-shaped hose and were on short straight hose pieces from the injector body to the factory fuel rail/pipe. The Injector Rehab kit essentially occupies the same space.

How rigid is this assembly? Its cantilevered, what are the possibilities that it will deflect enough to cause the injector bodies to become dislodged?

It's solid. I think you would need to strike it very hard to dislodge it after it's tightened down, and even then I think other stuff would be bending/breaking first.

Are these post engine install only? It appears that the fuel rails would conflict with the engine shelf on each side if the engine were dropped.

Possibly. I didn't drop the engine to install, so I don't know. I agree it does look that way from my photos though.

Do the fuel injector branches on the harness really need to be extended? From the photos, there appears to be plenty of harness left if the harness connections are correctly rotated. Be sure to cover any exposed wires 100% in heat shrink. Engine heat will be the death of the exposed wires in short order.

No, but the Jetronic connectors I bought came on pigtails and I just crimped them in as such. I used heat-shrink around all my connections and then bundled the covered connections inside a third piece of heat-shrink, but you're right—I should probably wrap the pigtails with something heat reflective.

Also concerned about the same condition in your existing harness by cyl #3 in the second photo, and hope those wires are not already baked.

A lot of stuff on this car is well baked already, LOL. I'll look into wrapping the exposed parts of the harness with when I address the pigtails.

Cheers!

+Quote Post
Literati914
post Apr 20 2024, 11:22 AM
Post #10

Member No.: 7,222
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(gord @ Apr 19 2024, 08:38 PM) *

Some observations:

.. The supplied AN fittings allow much better placement of the fuel hose as it comes into the rail than the factory setup.

Seriously, my latest pet peeve is how the stock rail is turned away from the in-coming fuel line (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

+Quote Post
rjames
post Apr 20 2024, 11:26 AM
Post #11

I'm made of metal

Member No.: 4,467
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Literati914 @ Apr 20 2024, 10:22 AM) *

QUOTE(gord @ Apr 19 2024, 08:38 PM) *

Some observations:

.. The supplied AN fittings allow much better placement of the fuel hose as it comes into the rail than the factory setup.

Seriously, my latest pet peeve is how the stock rail is turned away from the in-coming fuel line (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I just installed SS lines and making turn from the feed line in the engine bay to the fuel rail is a big design flaw..
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:09 AM