Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> PCA Zone 8 rules, A couple of questions...
jnp914
post Nov 4 2003, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,046

I am looking at a downloaded copy of the PCA Zone 8 2003 competition rules.

-Drivers Education Events.

Page DE-6 D)Arm Restraints. "...all cars with non-metal roofs must be equipped with arm restraints for all occupants."

With the 914's fiberglass targa roof, I read this to mean that all 914's require driver and instructor to have arm restraints. True?

Roll cage

From what I can tell, a roll cage is not required until the 914 has at least 21 points, which puts it in the Improved class. Correct?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 2)
fuch toy
post Nov 4 2003, 09:41 AM
Post #2

Unregistered

Roll over control is needed in Modified class, arm restraints are need in open cars....cabs and cars w/o tops. A 914 usually has to run with the top on as do other targas.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Nov 4 2003, 09:41 AM
Post #3

Group: Members
Member No.: 391

The arm restraint item is true, thay are required for all 914s due to the non metal top. This caused some flapping in San Diego when it went into effect even for street stock 1.7l 914's. As for the cage I am not sure as I know there are cars with roll bar/forward brace that are in the A Mod class and they are okay? I'd contact the zone rep directly if I were you to get the difinitive answer.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 03:28 PM