Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Another Rebuild Questions - last post, Distributor washer...
stephenaki
post Jan 24 2009, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

First off, thanks for the replies. Now, I have the case assembled but, have not yet torqued the case. The Haynes says to spin the crank 360 and make sure nothing prevents it from spinning. She spins but takes a bit of muscle and slows down during the spin requiring a bit more muscle.

How much resistance should I have when I spin the crankshaft after assembly? My MG engines spun fairly easily and this is with pistons! Do I need to separate the case and re-check bearing seating? I don't want to continue until I am sure I have things set up right.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, I have everything cleaned up and getting ready to lay everything out. Three questions:

1. Is there an easier diagram other than on PP or in the AA catalog to help me ensure I put the bolts in the correct location on the crankcase?

2. Oil pump re-assembly. I have loctite 518 which Jake recommends for attaching the oil pump to the case. I have Curil T and K2 as well but I don't have anything to reseal the cover to the pump. Can I use loctite 518 or do I need to find something else to ensure it seals properly?

3. Final question. How much of a bead of K2 do I use for the crank case?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
stephenaki
post Feb 3 2009, 01:30 AM
Post #2

Can I get this one dad??

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,987
Region Association: None

Thanks, I will take a look this evening after work and see if it is on the drive pinion.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 02:18 PM