Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Exhaust tape?, tape the joints of my Eurorace...
VaccaRabite
post Apr 14 2009, 08:07 AM
Post #1

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

My carbs are popping on decel. It could be timing, but I bet that my Eurorace headers are leaking from the collector. I know I can see exhaust coming from it at idle.

I think I remember seeing some sort of aluminum tape that you could put on exhaust pipes to seal a leak. I thought that might be an easy way to seal up those joins after I have the pipes ceramic coated.

Anyone know anything about it? What have others done to stop the collector leaks on their EuroRace headers?

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
VaccaRabite
post Apr 15 2009, 09:50 AM
Post #2

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Okay, so if I understand Capt and Rich, since I am popping up through the carbs, it is not an exhaust leak, but an induction leak.

The carbs I have are fresh rebuilt, but I will clean the idle jets again.

The phenolic gasket between the head and the manifold has a thin smear of RVT on it, and the nuts are tight, so it is unlikely that it leaks there.

I can try putting a little rvt on the gasket between the carb and the manifold, and tighten the nuts again.

The linkage being off a bit is a possibility. it is close right now, but I do not think that it is exact.

I'll likely hit people up for tuning help at the MidEngine Invasion to get it running right.

Zach
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 01:19 AM