Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Outer door fuzzies, installation???
EJP914
post Sep 13 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 821

I have removed the 3 screws that hold the old fuzzy strip on. I thought the aluminum track ( that holds the fuzzy strip) would come off the door and the new strips would slide into it. It didn't. What is holding these on? OR don't they come off and you have to slide the new fuzzys in from the front once the window post is removed. If the 3 screws don't hold the track to the door, I think they are pretty useless. I doubt the new fuzzy will will move once in place in the track. Thanks in advance for the advice and guidance.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
detoxcowboy
post Sep 14 2009, 09:20 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,642
Region Association: Africa

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Adohman had help from his wife.. Feeding it through seems like a good idea and logically it appears to be a good idea and after help and pain AND LUCK they would both slide in all the way but that may happen and or it may get stuck 2/3 of the way and then what?? pain and small destruction of the HTF fuzzy Pain to install and get too channel. these fuzzy strips are not stiff enough for a forcefull feeding through a 30 year old track cleaned or not.. so I have tried the feed challenge.... but I found that you line up the holes put the top of the fuzzy in the top of the channel then starting in the middle using a somewhat dulled screwdriver pry up a small sction at a time the lower fuzzy strip into the lower channel working your way outwards. after you bet about 2 inches worth in the middle the rest just fals into place andf you can check to see that your in the channel with your fingers.
In my opinion after redoing all and every rubber and channel and fuzzy in my car find that the genuine oem stuf goes in better little by little not slided ad sliding will eventually get your whatever stuckj in the channel no comew out no go in anymore.. Glad to see someone else get into the finer resto.. etc.. blah blah blah.. try my way unitl you at least see what i am saying the you can always pull out and slide it in if that is what you think works for you.. believe me it will be one of these tedious yet simple jobs.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:37 PM