Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> For any Megasquirt guys, I know there's a few out there
DNHunt
post Jan 17 2004, 08:06 AM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

Got my programmer up and running again so if you want to mess with the code I can burn it for you.

No charge cept you pay postage

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
fiid
post Feb 18 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Turbo Megasquirted Subaru Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 530
Region Association: Northern California

I think getting the correct dwell settings for the plug coils will be the biggest challenge. I am not sure where the coil driver is - how would I find out??

This makes me wonder if it's possible to use the crank sensor (on the subaru engine) to drive a little circuit that switches between the two edis modules and allows true singlefire coil on plug.

Sounds like too much work to me. The 2.5 litre Atmo subaru motor in my USDM imprezza runs using wasted spark and a coilpack, and it goes like sh!t off a shovel, so I think I'm just going to do straight EDIS. I don't think it's really going to make that much difference performance wise, and having the motor running vs not is going to make the biggest difference. I'll have plenty of time to tweak it once it's in.

My MAT sensor on the 1.7 seems to read the same all the time - 60oF, so I think having that working correctly will make a bit of a difference. We'll see - it might also be that the sensor is fubar.

Are you actually running EDIS on your engine?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 09:18 AM