Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> radio controlled 914s questions
RJMII
post Jul 4 2010, 03:06 PM
Post #1

Jim McIntosh

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,112
Region Association: None

Where can I buy an R/C 914 body shell?

Which chassis setups are most popular? I've seen the Alfa-Romeo m-04m options.

is anyone running anything else?

Here is the latest pic of the wheels I am working on for them, I'm to a point where I want to start fitting the back spacing to a car and have one right here in front of me to use. This way I can start making the 'other' styles of wheels as well.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
roadster fan
post Jul 5 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #2

Project Frankenstein !!!!!!!!

Member No.: 5,184
Region Association: Northern California

There was a group buy a couple of years ago, the shells came from somewhere in Europe if I remember right. I bought two and will prolly never get around to building both so if you are interested in one send me a pm. I will look and see what I paid for em and get a price for ya.

The guy that runs AirBoston graphics put the buy together but I dont remember his handle here. I will check my old emails and let you know.

Jim

Edit: ok here is the link to the old group buy R/C shell group buy by djm914-6. David did a great job putting the whole thing together, plus he does some amazing paint work on these as well. I havent seen him post here in awhile but I may have missed it if he did too. Jim send me a pm if you want one of the shells.
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Jul 5 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #3

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305
Region Association: None

Yes, Carson it is!! I unfortunately had to buy on the group buy list and it cost me dearly with shipping charges and the person who organized it decided half way through he didn't want to ship to me cause I didn't want to pay for his painting charge as I like to paint them myselves (after much begging) he only charged me 70 dollars for shipping and it ended up showing up with an 18 dollar stamp on it and when I asked about this he got upset at me and said I was pissing him off and he had had it up to here with me, a very disapointing group deal...

My car actully arrived damaged and will require semi major repairs but that is half the fun...I am just about to finish the chasis now with a friend from work and am waiting on some wheels from a friend in the US.

Cheers
Jamie
---------

QUOTE(roadster fan @ Jul 5 2010, 03:38 PM) *

There was a group buy a couple of years ago, the shells came from somewhere in Europe if I remember right. I bought two and will prolly never get around to building both so if you are interested in one send me a pm. I will look and see what I paid for em and get a price for ya.

The guy that runs AirBoston graphics put the buy together but I dont remember his handle here. I will check my old emails and let you know.

Jim

Edit: ok here is the link to the old group buy R/C shell group buy by djm914-6. David did a great job putting the whole thing together, plus he does some amazing paint work on these as well. I havent seen him post here in awhile but I may have missed it if he did too. Jim send me a pm if you want one of the shells.

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 09:17 AM