Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ducktail Idiocy
john914somers
post May 23 2013, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 14,051
Region Association: Northern California

I'm just wondering if the ducktails do anything to help the aero induced grip??? Any thoughs would be cool!!! Thanks
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
tomeric914
post Jun 22 2013, 12:26 PM
Post #2

One Lap of America in a 914!

Member No.: 9,101
Region Association: North East States

Hey wndsrfr, whose rear trunk/spoiler do you have? I've never seen that one before.

I was at VIR last year for the first time and run 130 in the straight and experienced no dancing. I don't have a rear spoiler yet, but do have a deep front air dam. You had only the rear spoiler and no deep front dam to start, right?
+Quote Post
wndsrfr
post Jun 22 2013, 03:55 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 10,318
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(tomeric914 @ Jun 22 2013, 10:26 AM) *

Hey wndsrfr, whose rear trunk/spoiler do you have? I've never seen that one before.

I was at VIR last year for the first time and run 130 in the straight and experienced no dancing. I don't have a rear spoiler yet, but do have a deep front air dam. You had only the rear spoiler and no deep front dam to start, right?

The rear trunk lid is a fiberglass one that Josh (degreeoff) installed when he did the build about 5 years ago, others may have an idea who the supplier is--supposed to be a "GT" look.

Yep, the initial setup was rear spoiler but "stock" rounded valance in front. The car is definitely more planted in the front now but still wiggles at high speeds. I have discovered a worn bushing on the right rear trailing arm, giving about .010" play at the bushing itself....that translates to much more out at the wheel. I've ordered Chris Foley's bushing kit to install before my next outing & hope that calms things down a bit....
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:11 PM