Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Changing gears, ANother way to make that /6 work with the 901
PanelBilly
post Apr 1 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,488
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I wanted 1st to be usable and there to be a reasonable step to 2nd. That required a CA for 1st and a H for second. Normally the H means buying a $1300 shaft and the gear is another pile of money. I took a different option.

Carquip built me a shaft with the original gear machined off and a H welded on. The good Doctor did the assembly for me ( I think there was some swearing). I've included a photo of the original shaft and the modified one so you can see the difference. I hope to be telling you about the difference based on the feeling in the car seat soon.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Joe Ricard
post Apr 3 2014, 09:19 AM
Post #2

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Group: Members
Member No.: 92

Interesting about hesitant to go to 3rd gear. Of course I always did the ZD flip for 3rd and always found my self rowing 2-3-2-3 on bigger courses without any issues. And my rev limiter was 7 grand.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 02:14 PM