Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Fuchs Numbering Question, Numbering mistake (or mine)?
BeatNavy
post Dec 21 2017, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Certified Professional Scapegoat

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,042
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Alright Fuchs experts. I picked up a set of 6x16 Fuchs yesterday. I got them home and took a closer look at them, as I wanted to validate that they were genuine (again). One of them was really faint, but I finally found my little fox friend on all four of them. All good.

In that process I noticed that the one wheel with the faintest fox seemed to have a discrepancy. The part numbers on all wheels show 911 361 020 43 as in the first pic below, which I am pretty sure corresponds to 6x16 on a '84 911 (all black). But the size number stamped on them, which is what I assume is what's in the second picture below, shows "6 J 15" (not 16). All the rest of the wheels show "6 J 16" like in the last picture. All p/n's match, and best I can measure the physical dimensions are the same on all the wheels.

Is this a factory mistake or am I making a bad assumption or other stupid error? Probably the latter, as I haven't met my daily quota yet.

(5-lug) Fuchs newbie out.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
eitnurg
post Dec 22 2017, 01:28 AM
Post #2

Country Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 62
Region Association: None

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Dec 21 2017, 10:29 PM) *

But the size number stamped on them, which is what I assume is what's in the second picture below, shows "6 J 15" (not 16). All the rest of the wheels show "6 J 16" like in the last picture. All p/n's match, and best I can measure the physical dimensions are the same on all the wheels.

It’s a factory mistake. I had one once: by coincidence it was adjacent to the fitted tyre size (205/55 R 16) and would have made a good photograph. Unfortunately its undoubted rarity did not translate into increased value, much as I tried.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 01:16 AM