Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber Carb Hex Bar Linkage, which way around should I go?
jandro62
post Jan 2 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,156

I'm using the Weber Redline hex bar kit
Should the hex bar go towards the front of the car or towards the rear?
So i've been digging through old posts, and it appears that people have done both. It seems like going towards the front of the car puts it close to stuff like the dizzy etc, but with plenty of room towards the rear. Any thoughts?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
John
post Jan 2 2005, 10:42 PM
Post #2

member? what's a member?

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,615
Region Association: None

I used to run with the hex bar linkage. At the time it was the best one I had used. I went through all the common ones that were out there way back then. The hex linkage that I used last was from CB Performance (Don't know if CB is still around or not)

Anyway, as I recall, the only problem I had with the linkage was the pivot points. I ended up making a new hex shaft (steel) with tapped ends for bolts with jam nuts (to set length). I then used heim joints at both ends to minimize wear and to provide a nice smooth bearing action to the linkage.

I used a setup like that for around 5 years (but that was 12-17 years ago). My "arms" were forward, but some had them to the rear. My throttle cable was mounted to a self fabricated bracket that bolted to the fan housing.

Sorry, I have no pictures of my old setup (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 03:29 PM