Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Club events at military facilities, Info please on clubs using a base or ft.
Chuckster
post Aug 14 2003, 10:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 901

I am looking for clubs such as SCCA or marque clubs ie. PCA that are using a military base or fort for solo or wheel to wheel events. Our local SCCA and PCA have been using a naval anex air field in Corpus Christi for 13years for both solo and club racing. This came to sudden stop in March '03 when the war with Iraq began. Our hope is that if there are other clubs using a military facility there maybe hope for our club to start again.

If you have any contact info to a club RE or President please let me know.

Our local PCA has a web site Coastalbend PCA. My email address is cunow@ccinternet.net

Just an update on my own 914. No progress as of yet. The car is stored in a gargage I don't have access. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) I stored it there to avoid the hurricane that skimmed close to our area.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Chuckster
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
maf914
post Aug 15 2003, 10:58 AM
Post #2

Not a Guru!

Group: Members
Member No.: 632
Region Association: None

Security on military bases has increased steadily since 9/11 and the Iraqi war. I think all military and DOD agencies are in the process of issuing new ID cards that can be scanned and checked against a central data base. Intrance into military facilities has been greatly restricted over the past year. Without the proper ID it takes some time to gain admittance. This will probably not change any time soon. For a long time there was almost free access to most military bases, but I think that is over for now. Unfortunately, I think auto clubs, and other groups, will have to find new venues for their activities.

Mike
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Chuckster   Club events at military facilities   Aug 14 2003, 10:48 PM
Brad Roberts   Rob Ways/Demick ??? Did PCA get Alameda again ?? ...   Aug 15 2003, 12:33 AM
Lawrence914-6   I can tell you that most open-to-public events are...   Aug 15 2003, 08:56 AM
URY914   We (PCA) use to use a huge conrete taxi way at Mac...   Aug 15 2003, 09:14 AM
maf914   Security on military bases has increased steadily ...   Aug 15 2003, 10:58 AM
Jeffs9146   I went to an event (Auto Show in Motion) put on at...   Aug 15 2003, 11:29 AM
Demick  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 07:28 AM