Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> How do you remove front fenders, without destroying them?
kafermeister
post Oct 3 2003, 10:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 174

I'm looking for pictures from someone who has completed the process. For the spot welds, I was going to drill them out.

How are the front fenders attached at the cowl area? Are they fastened at all at the front of the door post?

Rick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Slowpoke
post Oct 3 2003, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 768

I'm not sure what you are asking. Do you want to remove good fenders from one car and install them on another? Do you want to remove good fenders and install them on the same car?
I can cut one off with and air chisel in about 1 hour, but either the fender or the car is damanged in the process. I'm quite sure you won't be able to remove all the spot welds with a spot weld saw, and some parts of the fender to body welds appear to be mig welded.
They are spot welded and mig welded at the cowl area. They are also spot welded at the door pillar post. accessed from the wheel well area. But, it seems to me most of the fender is being held on with the tons of seam sealer they crammed in everywhere. I find it easier to air chisel the fender off and then remove the seam sealer and drill out the spots welds if I'm trying to save the fender. If I'm trying to save the car I cut the fender to bits and then drill out the spot welds and grind the mig areas..
Peter
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 02:17 PM