Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Performance Coatings, Where to have it done???
Britain Smith
post Oct 15 2003, 09:22 PM
Post #1

Nano Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 364

I am wanting to have the 2.0L heads on my turbo motor coated with a thermal barrier. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to have this done and how much it should/will cost? Better yet, does anyone have a shop that does this?

-Britain
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
RON S.
post Oct 16 2003, 07:16 AM
Post #2

9140430841, FINALLY RUNNING

Group: Members
Member No.: 724
Region Association: South East States

Britain,
Try calling a company called PolyDyn performance coatings.They are out in Houston I think.Web site is www.polydyn.com
I used them back in the early '90s while doing some weekend mini-stock racing.They did many internal engine parts for me,of various types.An example on a piston.Thermal barrier on top,wear coating on skirts,and a teflon coating underneath the piston only came to about $10.00 per piston.We also did an oil absorbant coating on all the rod&main brg's.You'll have to adjust for proper clearances or you'll sieze a crank like we did the first time we toyed with coatings.Once we sorted that issue out and started over,I will say our engine did run 5-10 degrees cooler with the coatings while we raced it.
They'll send you free info.
Ron
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 04:17 PM