Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Problems with a FI 2.0, Who would have thunk it
daktaklakpak
post Oct 21 2003, 03:09 PM
Post #1

PC Game Freak

Group: Members
Member No.: 360

I haven’t gone through the FI trouble-shooting guide on pauls site yet. I'm just looking for some ideas on where to start. I recently did a valve job and changed the oil and my dad was monkeying around up top in with something he had the air filter box off. It now has a ticking noises sometimes that doesn’t go in rhythm with the engine and its has a almost exhaust leak sound to it. It seems to go away as the car warms up. It also seems to idle 500 rpms more. I've rechecked the valves and they’re all good. Checked all the hoses they seem to be all connected right and tight. The rpm's basically hit a wall when it gets to around 3500-4000 rpms. It does have a rev limiter in the distributor but that wasn't messed with or at least I don’t think it was. The main reason I'm asking about advice before going through the FI is I have a bad feeling about it may be a head gasket or intake gasket or some other super fun stuff.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Dave_Darling
post Oct 21 2003, 05:42 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Two possibilities for higher idle--a vacuum leak of some kind (could be internal to the AAR or Decel Valve as Chris alluded), or over-advanced timing.

Leaks can occur at the seam of the plenum, at the fuel injector O-rings, at any of the vacuum hoses, at the throttle body.... Check the hoses carefully. Brittle ones are usually leaking already, and ones that are 'close to' the fitting can look OK at first glance.

--DD
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 02:18 PM