Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> This just TOO much Panorama Sept 2006, Tech tip: Linen white carpets
DNHunt
post Sep 20 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #1

914 Wizard? No way. I got too much to learn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 598

From this months Pano:

I'm having a devil of a time keeping my linen white interior capets clean, especially around the foot pedals, driver's side foot rest and door transom. I can shampoo and get the other areas clean with PS21 Total Wash and lots of water, but the area around the foot pedals continues to be grungy. Also, my carpet is beginning to mat up on the door transom and I try to brush it out to no avail. Any suggestions for cleaning as well as any clear type carpet protectors that I can use for daily driving, but pull off for concours?

The amazing thing is they print a polite answer. "I had this same problem with my 86 944 Turbo. There was no sane solution. I tried plastic like that offered on the clear bra, and pieces of rubber mat that I could when needed. I finally replaced the carpet with blackand lived happily ever after. Dark blue would be your carpet choice."

Why do I find it hard to believe these people occupy a spot on the same planet I do? For that matter, who was the idiot at Porsche who decided to offer white carpet? Is it me who is different? Why can't I understand white carpet in a car? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif)

Help me understand

Dave
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
blitZ
post Sep 20 2006, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Beer please...

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,719
Region Association: South East States

Heaven forbid if they spill red wine on that carpet.

Gasp (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
DNHunt   This just TOO much Panorama Sept 2006   Sep 20 2006, 03:31 PM
MW 914   I have the exact same probelm with the white leath...   Sep 20 2006, 03:36 PM
blitZ   Heaven forbid if they spill red wine on that carpe...   Sep 20 2006, 03:37 PM
George H.  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2024 - 11:21 PM