Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 "speedster" seats, You'll have to use your imagination...
siverson
post Nov 2 2003, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

What do you think... will this look nice when finished, or should I go seat shopping?

The idea is to end up with a speedster-esque 914 seat. I'm too tall to use the headrest, and with my drivers floor lowered and the seat bolted to the floor, while the passenger seat is stock on rails, from the rear it looked kinda silly through the rear window with the headrests at different heights.

Obviously it will be finished nicely with a smooth round arch, and the stock backpad will be replaced and rebuilt so the short seat fits right in (i.e. padding will be added where the headrest was removed).

I'll be getting the interior done in 4-6 weeks or so, so I have time to think about this, but what do you guys think?

Step one... "No wait! Stop! Put me back in the car! I was so happy there! What are you doing to me?!?!"

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
redshift
post Nov 2 2003, 12:42 PM
Post #2

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

Yeah, that works.

The Recaro buckets that came in the (when they did come with) GTs had the headrests removed 90% of the time.

Have you seen a picture of them? Something like this:

http://www.vintageseats.com/images/outlaw.jpg

M
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
siverson   914 "speedster" seats   Nov 2 2003, 12:27 PM
siverson   "My face!! Argghh! Stop!!...   Nov 2 2003, 12:28 PM
siverson   Photos of the actually surgery are too graphic to ...   Nov 2 2003, 12:29 PM
siverson   More...   Nov 2 2003, 12:29 PM
siverson   More...   Nov 2 2003, 12:30 PM
siverson   (BTW, I like it, and I think I'm going to go f...   Nov 2 2003, 12:30 PM
redshift   Yeah, that works. The Recaro buckets that came in...   Nov 2 2003, 12:42 PM
ArtechnikA   if you're doing track events - as the harness ...   Nov 2 2003, 12:44 PM
ArtechnikA   <...   Nov 2 2003, 12:45 PM
siverson   Yes, I have a bolt in roll bar for track events. H...   Nov 2 2003, 12:48 PM
Brad Roberts   I think its a great idea Steve. I love the Cal-loo...   Nov 2 2003, 12:49 PM
redshift  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:22 PM