Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Flare making, Not as good as Johns..
dan10101
post Nov 2 2003, 03:16 PM
Post #1

TORQUE-o-holic

Group: Members
Member No.: 626
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

As I said earlyer, I am working on finishing my flares, Still working on the one, but the results are very pleasing. I have more to do still, but I can fit a 245 tire on 8in Gotti wheels on, a little snug, going to work on that, but the inside wheel well has about 1/2 to an inch to spare.

I figured out at about 8 last night, after about an hour and a half of working, that there was this huge hammer/sledge hanging up, and I figured I'd give it a try, It has an oval face to it, not square, so It would make a nice push out. Well It worked great, started forming the fender in no time.

Here's some results.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
John Kelly
post Nov 3 2003, 08:12 AM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 640

Looks like a nice start to me. If you plan to do much more shaping than that, you really should use an old leather purse full of sand hung on the outside of the fender to absorb the blows. This will keep the fender from being pulled away at the door gap, and the rear deck lid gap. When you hammer or pull the fender out without the back up, there is a tendency for the wheel opening to get a little shorter from front to back as well. You might consider cutting the rear quarter panel brace and pulling out on the bottom to get a little more tire coverage. Be aware that this will cause some tuck in the under the rear bumper which is difficult to see. It takes a certain amount of guts to start pounding like that!

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:24 PM