Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Front End Ride Height?
Kerrys914
post Nov 3 2003, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Dear, the parts I just sold paid for that part ;)

Group: Members
Member No.: 16

Hey guys..now that my teener is running well enough to drive I need a front end alignment. I bought some simple tools to do a home alignment but don't think I can get the camber right...so I have a toe-in/tow-out tool and a camber measurement tool (just a level like device). My thought was to use this tool to measure the camber off another 914 and transfer this measurment to my car. Does that sound like it would have work?

I need to set the ride height before I go the shop. The odds are the shop will not be a 914 savy one so I will bring the specs with me and have the height set before hand. I have spacers on my steering rack if that helps with the height measurements.

I heard/read somewhere the "A-arm" should be at least parallel to the ground, is this right? Since I have flares measurments to the fender lip will not work here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

The rear will stay the way it is now. I don't have the shims and I would like to find a 914 savy shop before I have some one mess with the rear.

Cheers
Kerry (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
redshift
post Nov 3 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Bless the Hell out of you!

Group: Members
Member No.: 869

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Nov 3 2003, 04:48 PM)
'appears' to sit a little higher than I'd like.  Any help is appreciated.

To lower, you just get an 11mm shallow socket on a ratchet.

Look up under the front end, from just behind the front tires, there is a tall nut hanging down, a few inches in from the wheel, and inside the a-arm.

There it is, one on each side, one turn is A LOT OF MOVEMENT, GO EASY.

I like a little rake, front to back, depends on if there are sway bars in the rear.

If it won't lower as much as you'd like, you have to pull the torsion bars, and pick another spline.. you can lay the bottom on the ground.

M
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Kerrys914   Front End Ride Height?   Nov 3 2003, 01:30 PM
AZ914   Hello, I am also interested in finding the best w...   Nov 3 2003, 02:48 PM
ArtechnikA     Nov 3 2003, 03:01 PM
redshift     Nov 3 2003, 04:45 PM
synthesisdv   When I installed the 175lb race springs I lowered ...   Nov 3 2003, 05:05 PM
AZ914   Thanks for the updates... I'll check for the...   Nov 3 2003, 05:06 PM
redshift   That is raked almost exactly like my black car. R...   Nov 3 2003, 05:17 PM
Bruce Allert   <...   Nov 3 2003, 06:26 PM
redshift   Tight, available... power induced oversteer. I do...   Nov 3 2003, 07:03 PM
Bruce Allert   So maybe it's best to keep it level? I have th...   Nov 3 2003, 07:10 PM
redshift   The higher the front end, the more the front insid...   Nov 3 2003, 07:28 PM
Bruce Allert   Ok, I think I got it... a tad bit of low nose pitc...   Nov 3 2003, 07:32 PM
redshift   Yeah man. My running car has KYBs, no bars, and s...   Nov 3 2003, 07:54 PM
Racer Chris  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:23 PM