Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 2.0 Big Bore kit..., how much and how much?
biosurfer1
post Nov 4 2003, 12:42 AM
Post #1

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

i've been looking into building up my engine this winter and more specifically looking at a big bore kit, but got a few questions. first, how much will it cost? i've been looking at the 96mm kit, but would like as much as i can get out of the engine. the basic kit is around $350, but is that all i need, or are there other items involved? how much HP would i be looking at? is somewhere around 200hp out of the question? how many of you have actually done a kit like this? worth it?

thanks everyone in advanced
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
biosurfer1
post Nov 4 2003, 01:08 AM
Post #2

Teener fo Life!

Group: Members
Member No.: 977
Region Association: Northern California

so what would i be looking at HP wise with say, the 96mm kit?

and i'd love to have one of jakes engines, but they arnt exactly in the $350 range and i'm sure they are out of any of my price ranges:)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
biosurfer1   2.0 Big Bore kit...   Nov 4 2003, 12:42 AM
redshift   Hey back up.. 200 is out of the question! You ...   Nov 4 2003, 01:00 AM
Brad Roberts   Hey man.. I just did the big bore kit on my wifes...   Nov 4 2003, 01:08 AM
biosurfer1   so what would i be looking at HP wise with say, th...   Nov 4 2003, 01:08 AM
SirAndy   200hp is a stretch. it won't last very long an...   Nov 4 2003, 01:09 AM
SirAndy  

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:24 PM