Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Good News with DJet - Almost there!, Making progress...
customstarr
post Jun 27 2007, 11:21 PM
Post #1

King of the Nighttime World

Group: Members
From: Waterford, Michigan - Home of Waterford Hills Road Racing
Member No.: 7,531

I want to start by thanking everyone for the input & assistance - I still be totally fuched if it wasn't for this web site, and the people that are dedicated to the 914. Anders site on the DJET system is an unbelievable resource. The 914 community has to be one of the strongrest and most knowledgable of any that I've been associated with in my years of the car hobby.

Finally got to the bottom of my rich running D-Jet issues - saved the best for last I guess. Timing and trigger points - that's what made the difference. Trigger points were dirty & timing slighlty retarded (like me I guess.) In the quest to solve this, I replaced and/or checked everything.

Here's where I'm at: Car is running good overall. It wants to die if I don't stay on the gas during the first 10 seconds of a cold start. After that, it runs stable with a low idle (500-600 RPM) - but it doesn't stall. I suspect a lean condition based on the info I've read. The idle improves as the engine warms, ultimately stabilizing at about 1K.

Since this is an early system (early 71) it does not have the enrichment knob on the ECU, and it has a 4-Pin TPS. I can't find any info on how to test/adjust the 4-pin TPS.

Wondering how I can verify ECU is recogizing idle from TPS (no method to adjust), and how to richen the idle? Toon has a 1972 FI system available- I'm wondering if I should switch to that to gain control over these things, or if there's a way to do it on mine. I haven't found that answer anywhere.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
JeffBowlsby
post Jun 28 2007, 09:15 AM
Post #2

914 Wiring Harnesses

Group: Members
Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

The contacts are numbered on the TPS and in the diagram. The only difference in the 4-5 pin TPS is that the 5-pin has a blank pin...its not used. Check the pin numbers and you will be good...
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 03:26 PM