Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> wisa' my car a runnin after i'a turn it offa', dieseling?
pete914
post Sep 17 2007, 07:01 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,025

so,
i'm running a carb on my engine and just recently i've noticed that after turning off the ignition it will turn over a time or two; kind of "rumble" to a stop.
i've also noticed that my idle is kind of high, but not always. sometimes it idles around 900...usually it's at 1200...and recently it's been getting "stuck" around 1500
could this have anything to do with the electric choke? i was told to depress the gas pedal once before starting it to activate it.
i checked the accelerator cable, no hang ups or anything.
here's a pic of the carb. i know it's a POS, but the car is running great, it's just the idle and the every-so-often cut off weirdness that's bothering me.
(IMG:http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/pba110/914/IMG_1553.jpg)
nonetheless, i'm considering putting a d-tronic on my 1.8...i have the FI in my garage...but should i just wait and get the proper l-tronic system? that would be another $250 out of my pocket....worth it in the long run?
can't decide!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
thank you for your input gentleman
pete
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
pete914
post Sep 17 2007, 07:50 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,025

well, might have to give it a shot. ill pull the air filter off to take a look at the choke too...i had no idea that's where it was located.
about the carb...i'm under the understanding that carbs wear out the engine because they put too much fuel in the cylinder limiting the lubrication of the oil?
the puddles you're tlking about...is this stripping my cylinders of oil when it's running?

i add the mystery oil b/c the PO suggested it. leaded fuel was a lot more lubricating than the stuff used today...?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 03:27 PM