Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

26 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TRANSMISSION REBUILD VIDEO pre order thread, Now in post production and accepting pre-payment for orders!
jaminM3
post Apr 22 2010, 01:17 PM
Post #261

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,619
Region Association: Intermountain Region

Paypal Sent...

free bump!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Cupomeat
post Apr 23 2010, 12:29 PM
Post #262

missing my NY 914 in VA

Member No.: 8,376
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Ok, just to give a status on this.

Life conspired to get in the way and I missed my self imposed completion date of the Hershey Swap meet.

SO, I have edited almost all of the technical chapters, except the Shift fork adjustment (tonight, I hope) and then I work on the intro, lead out and caps.

Overall, it looks very good and damn, it is very informative, even the 4th or 5th time I see each section.

Have a great weekend.
+Quote Post
Cupomeat
post Apr 23 2010, 12:35 PM
Post #263

missing my NY 914 in VA

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Apr 20 2010, 02:38 PM) *

AND WILL SOMEONE PLEASE PHOTOSHOP SOME HAIR ON MR CLEAN'S ... chin... so we don't have to aks over and over, is this really Dr Evil? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)

Actually, I have created a digital map of his face, then wrote a HD pattern matching program based on the MP4 codec. I then created a 3d image of Gary Colman and replaced Dr. Evil's face with Gary Coleman in all chapters but the final. In the final scene, I used Tammy Faye Baker's face (in full crying mode).

No, not really, (but it sure would be cool!)

You will all be happy to know you see a lot of his hands and very little of his face!
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Apr 23 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #264

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112
Region Association: None

Oh, that's the Doc alright. It's actually a still from scene in the video where he debates the best fluid for your tranny.

I'm glad I wasn't there for the 'shooting' of *that* scene.

You will all be happy to know you see a lot of his hands and very little of his face!

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I should toss up another teaser pic from my phone. Those camera angles that you were getting looked like they were really focused on the work.

The high def stills are going to be quite beneficial as well! Are they going to be in a format on the DVD to where we'll be able to look at them on a PC in full resolution? Or... what do you have planned there?
+Quote Post
Cupomeat
post Apr 23 2010, 01:39 PM
Post #265

missing my NY 914 in VA

QUOTE(RJMII @ Apr 23 2010, 03:18 PM) *

Oh, that's the Doc alright. It's actually a still from scene in the video where he debates the best fluid for your tranny.

I should toss up another teaser pic from my phone. Those camera angles that you were getting looked like they were really focused on the work.

The high def stills are going to be quite beneficial as well! Are they going to be in a format on the DVD to where we'll be able to look at them on a PC in full resolution? Or... what do you have planned there?

When they are contextual to the subject matter, I have them directly in the video. Ether with a pause, or when they show more than the current video.

The real question is how do I give them to the viewers to look at outside of the Video... I'll talk to Mike and see what he thinks as posting them to a web site might be the best way, and anyone who wants them can download them.
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Apr 26 2010, 12:21 AM
Post #266

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

That is cool with me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post Apr 26 2010, 07:45 AM
Post #267

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *

When they are contextual to the subject matter, I have them directly in the video. Ether with a pause, or when they show more than the current video.

The real question is how do I give them to the viewers to look at outside of the Video... I'll talk to Mike and see what he thinks as posting them to a web site might be the best way, and anyone who wants them can download them.

Is there not room left on the DVD for a chapter of pictures? It would be real easy for anyone who wanted a pic printed for detail reasons to pop the DVD into a computer, rather than just a DVD player, and print one of the pictures at full resolution. Just an idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)
+Quote Post
stepuptotheMike
post Apr 26 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #268

medium pimpin

Member No.: 6,769
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(computers4kids @ Apr 26 2010, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 23 2010, 12:39 PM) *

Is there not room left on the DVD for a chapter of pictures? It would be real easy for anyone who wanted a pic printed for detail reasons to pop the DVD into a computer, rather than just a DVD player, and print one of the pictures at full resolution. Just an idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

+Quote Post
codices
post Apr 26 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #269

Member No.: 9,626
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Just this moment sent PayPal. Thanks.

Dave Chamberlin
+Quote Post
Cupomeat
post Apr 27 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #270

missing my NY 914 in VA

Hmmm, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

I really like this Idea but do not know how to do it. The software I use for finalization of a Video DVD does not allow for additional "Data".
I am looking into it now and will let you know what I find. If you know how to do this, please PM me and we'll talk.
+Quote Post
charliew
post Apr 27 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #271

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,958

I'm willing to wait but if it gets too costly to produce I can always go to a thread and copy the prints I want.
+Quote Post
obscurity
post May 4 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #272

Member No.: 5,628
Region Association: South East States

Any thoughts on when this video might ship?

Just Curious
John
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post May 4 2010, 10:11 PM
Post #273

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372

Hoping for May 15 or thereabouts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) We are very close.
+Quote Post
westo2
post May 5 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #274

Member No.: 8,672
Region Association: North East States

I'm in, sending paypal.
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 5 2010, 06:00 AM
Post #275

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Sure would be cool to have them before the Denver tranny clinic... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hands.gif)
+Quote Post
computers4kids
post May 5 2010, 07:13 AM
Post #276

Love these little cars!

Member No.: 4,253

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Apr 27 2010, 11:52 AM) *

Hmmm, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

I really like this Idea but do not know how to do it. The software I use for finalization of a Video DVD does not allow for additional "Data".
I am looking into it now and will let you know what I find. If you know how to do this, please PM me and we'll talk.

Eric, sorry for the delayed response--just saw your post.
We use a variety of editing software at work and one of them this PowerProducer which sells between $50-$80--this one is made for the novice. Producer allows you to create a clickable menu that points to different chapters. One of the chapters can be pictures. I wasn't too sure what your thoughts were for the layout of the DVD and how it will play through? Anyway, if you get the basic Disc done and a disc of pictures I could try it out in Producer to see how well that would work. I sent a PM with my cell if you want to connect.
PowerProducer Link
Attached Image
Attached Image
+Quote Post
tac27
post May 5 2010, 11:22 AM
Post #277

Member No.: 6,987

I would also like to purchase a copy; please post when the video is completed and ready for shipment.

Than you!

Tim
Las Vegas
+Quote Post
gothspeed
post May 5 2010, 02:40 PM
Post #278

Member No.: 10,019

I just bought a sideshift trans just for this DVD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)!!!
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post May 5 2010, 02:54 PM
Post #279

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

The outtakes. The outtakes boss. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) Eagerly waiting my copy.
The problem to printable pictures is that when the Dvd is rendered and the disk is burned, the DVD is locked to adding jpegs or PDFs to the same disk. The data can be in a Chapter but They are rendered into a 'movie' the end user still faces a screen print of a paused video.

Experts can chime in on this but I think a 2nd Cd would be needed to open a great printable pic.
+Quote Post
jimkelly
post May 5 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #280

Delaware USA

Member No.: 2,460

i want one to, too, also

** update

$35.00 sent via paypal to MakeMy914Go (at) Yahoo (dot) com

i am thinking for my v8...
2nd gear stk (1.889)
3rd use flipped 4th V gear (1.08) - ratio between stk 3rd (1.261) and stk 4th (.926)
4th use 5th zd gear(.710)
5th use H gear (.059) - as overdrive - got a good deal on an H on ebay $205.00

thanks jim
+Quote Post

26 Pages V « < 12 13 14 15 16 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 11:16 AM