Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Am I stoopid or what???
rhodyguy
post Apr 18 2004, 11:04 AM
Post #21

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Group: Members
Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

my guess is that the car was worth more, read money into it/street value, than the insurance was willing to give. sort of like a $12k into it 914-4.

kevin
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 18 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #22

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

Maybe, there hasn't been talk about the guy covering what the insurance doesn't. There's only been talk of the guy covering the the total loss.
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 18 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #23

from what geoff told me of Ya-roons car, it was pretty tricked out.

kevin
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Apr 18 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #24

tools, boat, lawnmower, anything. you borrow, you break, you buy. the fact that it breaks on your watch makes it your responsibility. suprizing how many people won't borrow things when the rules apply.

kevin
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Apr 18 2004, 01:51 PM
Post #25

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

I don't think Jeroen's car is insured for comprehensive. Only collision.

Jen
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Apr 18 2004, 03:25 PM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Jenny got it right again (keep going Jen, and maybe you'll win a prize (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif))
Insurance was for damage to others only.

I figured 17,500 (euro) for the car.
Note, for that money, I can not replace the car.
I could buy another decent 3.2 for it, but mine was pretty "tricked out" as Kevin already mentioned
Why that amount then? That is what I think I would have been able to get for the car if I sold it.
Next, I got 2,500 for the wreck and about 1,000 worth of parts off the car
Leaves a gap of 14,000
So, I think that is a very reasonable suggestion from my side.

I don't need to make money on my friends.
If he'd just pay that, we'd have a beer and all would be forgotten...
No hard feelings, shit happens, blah, blah, blah...

If I have to take this to court, I will claim the car is worth well over 21K and will claim lawyers fees and some other stuff I can come up with...
It won't be a problem to get a written statement from 2 Porsche shops (1 from an independent shop that did the maintenance on the car for the past 7 years and 1 from an official dealer) on the car's value and excellent condition.
I've got all the bills for the car from the past 7 years. Heck, I dumped well over 3K into the suspension alone last autumn.
I will make this value stick.

cheers,

Jeroen
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Apr 18 2004, 03:47 PM
Post #27

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jeroen @ Apr 18 2004, 02:25 PM)
Jenny got it right again (keep going Jen, and maybe you'll win a prize (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif))

Isn't it nice to know someone's paying attention here? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Jen
+Quote Post
jonwatts
post Apr 18 2004, 04:13 PM
Post #28

no rules, just wrong

Member No.: 141

I've been paying attention, I promise, but please forgive me if you've covered this...

Did you explain all of the above to the "perp"? Maybe (in addition to everything else) he needs some perspective on what he did and what he's looking at.
+Quote Post
davep
post Apr 18 2004, 06:18 PM
Post #29

914 Historian

Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

It doesn't sound like he is grateful for getting out alive. Some people think all cars are created equally, then they get behind the wheel of a real car and find out they are totally lost. It seems to have happened in this case.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Apr 18 2004, 06:36 PM
Post #30

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I can verify that it was a very nice tricked out 911. One of the nicest I have been in but I haven't been in too many. It was almost as fast as the 914/6 3.2 that I PPId for a guy on here.
Even Jeroen and I got to ride around in that 924 Turbo Carrera, now that was a scary ride. I don't know what Jeroen was doing but we were always sideways. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)

I hope this guy comes to his senses because to drive someones nice car is assuming the responsiblity of it. I have turned down driving other cars just because of this, I couldn't afford to fix it if I broke it. JP has offered to let me drive his but I don't think I would because of this.

Geoff

Hey Jeroen, the deal has fallen though on the Rx7 turbo so you want to make a deal??? 330 hp to the rear wheels!
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 19 2004, 02:14 PM
Post #31

2270 club

Member No.: 218

For this very reason I won't let people borrow my truck since it's not insured if they crash it. I drive it so little I just keep basic liability on it and take the risk myself.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Apr 19 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #32

stoya, stoya, stoya

Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

this sux dude, I'm sorry to hear it... the guy sounds like he's trying to jerk your chain... you warned him of the risk and told him how to drive the car... the fact you told him this, and he ignored it says that he is the one who is responsible... if he won't listen to reason and accept your offer of 14K... court will have to iron it out... if that's the case, go for all of it, the price to replace the car, as tricked out as it was before... you may not get the full amount requested, but you never know, the judge could completely side with you... it never hurts to try if you have to go to court anyway
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 19 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #33

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Contact HIS auto carrier. Tell them you let him drive it. Tell them the accident was caused by his disregard. Tell them you expect them to pay for the damage to your vehicle. Tell them your filing a liability law suit and they have an obligation to compensate you for his negligence as an injured party. I don't know Dutch law or Dutch insurance but I think I'm on to something.
+Quote Post
DuckRyder
post Apr 19 2004, 06:14 PM
Post #34

Avatars Mode: OFF because of the recalcitrant few.

Member No.: 110

QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 19 2004, 07:50 PM)
Contact HIS auto carrier. Tell them you let him drive it. Tell them the accident was caused by his disregard. Tell them you expect them to pay for the damage to your vehicle. Tell them your filing a liability law suit and they have an obligation to compensate you for his negligence as an injured party. I don't know Dutch law or Dutch insurance but I think I'm on to something.

I think the law over there is much diffrent, it operates like states such as florida, where you can be held responsible for damage done by your stolen car if you left the keys in it. "Neglegant Entrustment"

In most states in the US his policy would extend to a car he was drivng if the car carried no collision.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Apr 19 2004, 11:23 PM
Post #35

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

QUOTE(DuckRyder @ Apr 19 2004, 04:14 PM)
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Apr 19 2004, 07:50 PM)
Contact HIS auto carrier. Tell them you let him drive it. Tell them the accident was caused by his disregard. Tell them you expect them to pay for the damage to your vehicle.  Tell them your filing a liability law suit and they have an obligation to compensate you for his negligence as an injured party. I don't know Dutch law or Dutch insurance but I think I'm on to something.

I think the law over there is much diffrent, it operates like states such as florida, where you can be held responsible for damage done by your stolen car if you left the keys in it. "Neglegant Entrustment"

In most states in the US his policy would extend to a car he was drivng if the car carried no collision.

Yes, Ask an attorney how the law applies in your country. DuckRyder is a claims rep. I am also. I don't know the laws that govern insurance over there. But as DuckRyder confirmed in most states here his coverage should extend to your vehicle if your not carrying collision coverage. Your policy would be first, then his should pick up the slack. Be sure to advise them he was driving wrecklessly against your wishes. This could be considered a criminal act they would have to defend in court. They may not want to fight that battle.

This is a disclaimer: This is not a legal oppinion, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah.....
+Quote Post
Jeroen
post Apr 20 2004, 04:01 AM
Post #36

914 Guru

Member No.: 3
Region Association: Europe

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the advise, kind words and most of all the opportunity to vent a little (that sure helps!!!).
I'll keep you all posted on what's gonna happen next...

cheers,

Ya-Roon, graphic guru,
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Apr 20 2004, 04:19 PM
Post #37

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Apr 18 2004, 08:29 AM)
asshole written in burning gas on the front lawn gets their attention.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

I was going to suggest a burning bag of dog shit on the hood of the weasle's car but . . . . ., (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:15 PM