Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT: "America's Finest"?, HARDLY
Mark Henry
post Apr 21 2004, 02:19 PM
Post #21

that's what I do!

Group: Members
Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(GWN7 @ Apr 21 2004, 11:25 AM)
Would I like to do there job?

NO!
I like having friends other than co-workers. I can walk into a room and people don't shut-up.

I do respect good cops, it's a thankless job. The bad ones can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
need4speed
post Apr 21 2004, 03:03 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 564

The standard "excuse" for this crap is that "police have special training in driving cars at high-speed, and therefore can safely exeed the speed limit, or otherwise bend the rules" - which is a bunch of crap.

Hell, if *I* can take a class in "cop-movie stunt driving" and get a free pass to break the laws as they do every day, I say, where do I sign up?!
+Quote Post
vortrex
post Apr 21 2004, 03:36 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4
Region Association: None

has anyone on the east coast been nabbed by using their EZ pass yet? I actually just got mine, and only use 1 toll a day, but people at work tell me of getting letters in the mail about excessive speeding.
+Quote Post
stock93
post Apr 21 2004, 03:41 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 684
Region Association: South East States

Brett,
I see you know huntsville's "finest" as well.

They pulled me over for driving my 83 K10 4x4 w/36's on it. Saying I was tearing up someone's land. When that one didnt fly they acused us of flying down old madison pike with our lights off. A friend of mine was behind me in my 00 ZR2 Blazer which you cant turn the lights off on so luckly that shut that down. I was really respectful to them and one of them with no threat or provocation other than me saying that I had heard that the place they were talking about was alright by the land owner for people to wheel on, jumped out of his squad car and came yelling at me at the top of his lungs. He unbuckled his gun and had one hand on it. It was kinda comical due to the fact that he was having to tilt his head back pretty far to look up at me while he was yelling and cussing me out. They also tried to accuse me of smoking marijuana. "So how much have you had to smoke today?" My response was about a pack of marlboros. "Well son, how much beer have you had to drink tonight? I can smell it on you." My response was go get your breathalizer cause I have haven't had anything to drink tonight.

Thats just one of many situations. Such as HPD giving out tickets for standing on the sidewalk in a public downtown park. They lost that one in court. It wouldn't piss me off so much if they were actually worth a shit! When my friends car got broken into and slightly over $1000 worth of stereo and other stuff was stolen they wouldn'
t even come file a report. We had to go down to the police station and on top of that the cop behind the counter was extremely rude to me when I was simply telling him what I owned that was stolen out of his car.

Don't get me wrong I don't hate all cops. My next door neighbor is a deputy sheriff and I get along with him extremely well. Huntsville and Madison have the two worst police forces I have ever run into.

John
+Quote Post
Rgreen914
post Apr 21 2004, 04:51 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 1,266

Before I retired as a parole agent, I spent a LOT of time with cops; some of it was scary as hell, some of it was funny as hell...all of it was interesting! People outside of the "business", rarely know exactly what's going on; even some people inside, don't know whats going on. Much of what cops do is very mundane, boring stuff; but when the shit hits the fan, look out! I loved just about every time I worked with the agencies that patrolled the Long Beach area and worked with many from other areas. Some cops, especially the younger ones, can be very exciting to be around, if you live through the experience! I've gone on operations with SWAT teams from several different cities and also with the LA Sheriff's Department, Special Enforcement Bureau (special weapons team...don't use the SWAT term with them 'cause LAPD invented that term and they rarely get along with the LAPD!). Most of the people I met behind a badge were easy to get along with, and even those that weren't, make me thankful that there are people willing to take the risks inherent with the job. The average person only comes into contact with cops when something bad/terrible has happened and they need help. By training or by personality, cops just take over a situation and try to solve the problem; in doing so, sometimes public relations can be overlooked and someone's feelings can get hurt. Most times, and I say this from personal experience, the cops do exactly what is needed to de-fuse/control a bad situation. I have been in several "tight" situations where I felt sure that someone (usually a parolee) was going to be shot but nothing ever came of it; to this day I wonder how the officers/deputies refrained from pulling the trigger as I myself was ready to! In general, the public can be very difficult to deal with as most of them think they are always right; this is rarely the case but they don't want to hear that! When someone with a badge gets involved in a situation, emotions are usually already elevated and a level head can be hard to find. It's very easy to second guess someone else's actions, but if you've never been in a life-threatening situation and been responsible for the outcome, don't be so quick to judge that person (...that's what supervisors are for (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif) )! All things considered, cops in general get a bad rap!
+Quote Post
415PB
post Apr 21 2004, 05:48 PM
Post #26

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 996

Wow, what the fuck. You know, I was going to reply to Brett and probably negatively because he used pig so often to get his point across, but I sat back and thought about it and knew that good ole Brett is entitled to his opinions and that is what makes this country so great. So, I shit you not. I am running Laser today and looky what I pulled over. He was only going 36 in a 25. It was a ticket or a pic with the car. He even offered to let me borrow it next week. Of course I declined, because I dont consider myself a PIG. Rgreen914 where have you been? Hope everythings okay. Oh and Craig L. your a class act. Can't wait to have some beers with you in June.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Levi
post Apr 21 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #27

Lick my nuts

Member No.: 1,783

Rod,
Nice pic...Keep up the good work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I have bitting my lip on this thread, I think Brett is damn lucky that the officer was busy and didn't notice his infractions.
I always enjoyed motor patrol, we only had 2 bikes so it was hard to get much time on one. Some of the guys here bitching about cops are what we used to call "job security" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I'm wondering if anyone has a positive story involving law enforcement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Reading these threads is like watching the news on Iraq...nothing but negitive shit.
My youngest son is a Marine in Iraq, so we don't watch the news. all they want to talk about are the casualties of our sons and daughters.

Well enough of my .02
+Quote Post
415PB
post Apr 21 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #28

Thanks for the kind words Levi. I love my motor and the work I do and trust me, I am more than fair. We have 8 motors and the guys are great. I get alot of grief for the work I am expected to do (give tickets) but oh well, it pays the bills including the exspensive hobby of keeping my teener on the road (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Please PM me your sons address and I will get a care package out to him.

Brett if you are ever in this neck of the woods, please let me know and the beer is on me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer.gif)
+Quote Post
Levi
post Apr 21 2004, 06:34 PM
Post #29

Lick my nuts

Rod,
I miss the job, as thankless as it was.
I'll get you his addy....Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

BTW..Brett that goes for me to.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Apr 21 2004, 07:03 PM
Post #30

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100

I've got positive stories...the most recent being IPD taking care of a crackhead down the street. He used to be a normal guy, but sometime in last 4 years things went bad, dope to coke to crack & meth. IPD has basically run him out of the neighborhood. He's still here, but the house is for sale and the traffic has slowed down there. IPD makes several stops a week. Any funny biz and they are on it. So, thanks Rod & Levi and any other law enforcement out there.

I find those that bitch about law enforcement are those that are worried about getting caught doing something. They turn their fear into hatred.
+Quote Post
Levi
post Apr 21 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #31

Lick my nuts

Hey Rod is that a Washington plate on the car you stopped.........
I e-mailed you let me know if you get it ok.....
+Quote Post
415PB
post Apr 21 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #32

Thanks Sean. I have heard it all. The name Pig doesn't offend me at all. I love the job I do and have been in many bad situations and many good ones. The whole "your a cop because you were beat up when you were a kid" is a little old. The money is great (especially here in Cali) and the job security is outstanding. I am proud of what I do and that is why I dont mind my fellow teeners knowing what I do. Working on my Teener and spending time with my family really keeps me stress free.

I have always learned as a kid to treat people the way you would like to be treated and I stick to that and it has gotten me out of alot of hairy situations. I'm just sorry Brett had a bad day with the officer. Shit, I would just report him. You would be suprised how the Dept would handle it. If you dont know how they would handle it, dont say anything. Shit, there I go. I told myself I wouldn't rant and rave about this, but oh well.

Levi, I got your email and thanks. Consider it done. That is indeed a Washington plate (thanks for reminding me, I should have blotched it out). The guy was great. He owns a house in Seattle and in Palm Desert, actually in Indian Wells. Spent about 15 minutes shooting the shit with him about cars.
+Quote Post
Levi
post Apr 21 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #33

Lick my nuts

QUOTE(seanery @ Apr 21 2004, 05:03 PM)
I find those that bitch about law enforcement are those that are worried about getting caught doing something. They turn their fear into hatred.

Nicely put, that was my thinking also.

BTW, I'm retired...or is that just tired... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Apr 21 2004, 09:26 PM
Post #34

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

That's awesome Sean. I remember you mentioning your concerns with the crackhead while I was there last October. Maybe you can breathe a little easier now.

I've met some great cops and I've seen them do great work. Some get carried away. I was pulled over on Christmas eve a few years ago for doing 56mph in a 55 on SR 31 north of Kokomo. Honestly, I was speeding (65-70) a little, but if you know the area, its a divided interstate for all intents and purposes and the mean speed of traffic most times 65 - 70. Turns out someone called the police to complain of someone driving a black Saturn 90 mph. I was in a green one (my wife's car), but I guess he figured that was close enough. It wasn't me and I was pretty pissed about it. When he came back to the car, he gave me a ticket for not having my registration signed. So since my wife didn't sign the registration for her car, I got a ticket. Merry Christmas.

I never called him a pig....some other names maybe, like scrooge. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
Brett W
post Apr 21 2004, 09:46 PM
Post #35

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1,169

Damn, sounds like i am going to have to add a couple of fingers so I can still get all of the decent cops one hand.

Rod and Levi, how old are you guys and how long have you been on the force? That can make all the difference in the world. You guys seem to have a better understanding of what responsibilty and trust that society has placed on you.

The cop in question wasn't too " busy and didn't notice his infractions." This guy had no interest in me until he figured he could hassle me. He was running below the speed limit before we made it to the Parkway, only after the fact did he care. This guy obviously had a chip on his shoulder. He passed me on an access road that has a speed limit of 40MPH. Got up to 60MPH and remained at that speed stopping at all traffic lights. This guy had no other reason than flexing his ego. (given to him by society).

I wonder how much we really need the police. I can assure you when the average citizen gets fed up with the abuse from criminals that shit will be stopped. It won't be pretty though.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:12 PM