Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OK, you won't beleive this but the dog was wrong!, My new car searched by FBI/Ill State Police Yes, P-Car content
914 shifter
post Nov 30 2010, 06:06 PM
Post #61

airhead

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,111
Region Association: North East States

you sure it wasn't the PBI? porsche bureau of investigation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sheeplove.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
palmer_md
post Nov 30 2010, 06:53 PM
Post #62

Member No.: 12,389
Region Association: Northern California

That is very disturbing. Sorry for your loss. I do hope that you get compensated for it.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
flipb
post Jan 4 2011, 10:05 AM
Post #63

Member No.: 10,752
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)

Just curious, is the gub'mint gonna make you whole?

+Quote Post
underthetire
post Jan 4 2011, 12:18 PM
Post #64

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623

QUOTE(flipb @ Jan 4 2011, 08:05 AM) *

YA right. They promised us a 3% raise, the highest since i've been here. That was on a thursday. Show up to work on monday, and guess what, pay freeze for 3 years!, no raise. WTF. And before anyone says anything, I can make almost double what i do here on the outside.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Jan 4 2011, 12:24 PM
Post #65

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 4 2011, 10:18 AM) *

YA right. They promised us a 3% raise, the highest since i've been here. That was on a thursday. Show up to work on monday, and guess what, pay freeze for 3 years!, no raise. WTF. And before anyone says anything, I can make almost double what i do here on the outside.

Near all government workers need a huge pay cut , just like much of the private sector has had to endure. nation is broke, folks unemployeed, yet the government keeps growing. bastards!!!
government pensions should be outlawed, pay the workers there full salery every month, let each worker decide how to save for retirement on there own, dont pass off pension plans on future generations to pay, it is crooked as hell. why should the future taxpayers be on the hook for this government worker ponzi scheme????
+Quote Post
BuddyV
post Jan 4 2011, 12:50 PM
Post #66

Robert

Member No.: 3,898

Dog Translation:
[i]
"Really... the motor is in the BACK! I know it's not the optimal design, but Porsche STILL builds some cars like this!"

Just a little joke to lighten the mood.... good luck respolving your issue.
+Quote Post
flipb
post Jan 4 2011, 12:57 PM
Post #67

QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 01:24 PM) *

Near all government workers need a huge pay cut , just like much of the private sector has had to endure. nation is broke, folks unemployeed, yet the government keeps growing. bastards!!!
government pensions should be outlawed, pay the workers there full salery every month, let each worker decide how to save for retirement on there own, dont pass off pension plans on future generations to pay, it is crooked as hell. why should the future taxpayers be on the hook for this government worker ponzi scheme????

Oh. Em. Gee.

Take it to the Sandbox and get your own thread locked. I bumped this because I was genuinely interested/concerned about the plight of a fellow 914world member who had a car he owned get badly damaged before he even took delivery, and I'm interested to hear how things are turning out.

I was not looking for speculation on what the government will do from people who obviously feel a need to share their political opinions at every opportunity.
+Quote Post
SGB
post Jan 4 2011, 01:24 PM
Post #68

just visiting

Member No.: 404
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 12:24 PM) *

As a Government worker, I gotta say

"Huge pay cut" sounds good, but is a broad wash. I work hard for my pay, but the work is all bureacracy and BS. Huge pay cut for elected officials? Hell yes. There should be no pay, just expenses. Like any of those folks are hurtin for money or future employment. Ha.

Government spending- There is just a huge disconnect between "make sure and spend it right" and "get value out of government spending".
For every foot of forward progress my projects make, I gotta go ten feet in reporting, justifying, verifying, providing 3rd party oversight, auditing, reviewing, etc etc using convoluted and ineffecient (and HUGE) legacy database and accounting systems. Everything works on the presumption that the Govt employee is trying to rip off the system (gee, why would Congress think that way, unless they...), so I have layers and layers of second-guessing my every move. I think all the backtracking and the auditors cost more than suffering the occaisional genuine crook.

Regarding retirement- I pay into a 401K-like defered tax retirement account. No freebies. "Government Pensions" like you mean are for elected "governemnt employees."

Itsa mess. Maybe the many systems can be "fixed". A total re-do is gonna create chaos and anarchy. The fixes are going to need to be pretty substantial though.

OH, and I already have a pay freeze.

OOps. Thought I was in the sandbox. Andy or whoever, maybe this needs to move.
+Quote Post
RJMII
post Jan 4 2011, 01:30 PM
Post #69

Jim McIntosh

Member No.: 8,112

Oh. Em. Gee.

Take it to the Sandbox and get your own thread locked. I bumped this because I was genuinely interested/concerned about the plight of a fellow 914world member who had a car he owned get badly damaged before he even took delivery, and I'm interested to hear how things are turning out.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

I'd like to know how Johnathan's predicament turned out.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Jan 4 2011, 03:17 PM
Post #70

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(RJMII @ Jan 4 2011, 11:30 AM) *

Oh. Em. Gee.

I'd like to know how Johnathan's predicament turned out.

me two?????? what up???????????? howd it pan out???????????????????
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Jan 4 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #71

914 Guru

QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:24 AM) *

Hey dumbass... Government workers no longer get pensions in most sectors. We are a straight 401K like everyone else. We get "fair" compensation for market, just not usually the market we live in. Hell yes I would make great money if I lived in Arkansas, but I don't, I live in the bay area. The only Government that get those nice retirement packages are the ones we elect. You should really know what the FUCK you are talking about before you respond.
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jan 4 2011, 04:25 PM
Post #72

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(underthetire @ Jan 4 2011, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(realred914 @ Jan 4 2011, 10:24 AM) *

Hey dumbass... Government workers no longer get pensions in most sectors. We are a straight 401K like everyone else. We get "fair" compensation for market, just not usually the market we live in. Hell yes I would make great money if I lived in Arkansas, but I don't, I live in the bay area. The only Government that get those nice retirement packages are the ones we elect. You should really know what the FUCK you are talking about before you respond.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Jan 4 2011, 04:29 PM
Post #73

914 Guru

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jan 4 2011, 02:25 PM) *

I know, i'm waiting for my time out from Andy now. Didn't get but 2 hours sleep last night. A little punchy.
+Quote Post
hwgunner
post Jan 4 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #74

914 Parts @ Discount Prices 800.321.5432

Member No.: 3,095

Well, I do not think i am going to be made whole on this one. Still too soon to really say but the way the system works it looks like they want to know the difference between what the car was worth before the damage and what the car is worth now. I have to get several professional estimates of the value of the car before it was damaged and some estimates of the value of the car now and then they will make an offer. I can always fight them if I do not like the offer but it will be expensive and I will have to weigh the costs and benefits. Part of the trouble with getting the estimates is that the people who give them and under penalty of "fraud" (can't remember the exact word but the government will put them in jail and fine them if they feel they are being lied to) and have to sign a government form saying that they know the consequences. Right now I have 2 people that I am going to ask to look at the car and give me their idea of before and after value and going to hope that they will agree to signing the govt form but i really need to get at least one other person that i do not know to give me their input. I do not want the govt coming back and saying that the numbers are bad because they are people I know. If anyone reading this wants to contribute please PM me. Also, if anyone sees a "sale" of a 73 911T in rough shape and the price can be documented I would like to know about it. I already have 2 from Ebay.

I MUST also say this about the car. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) Even after everything that has happened with this car, I still get WOOD (IMG:style_emoticons/default/w00t.gif) every time i walk into the shop and see it. Short of the car being crushed by an M1 Bradley (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) or a D7, my enthusiasm will never waiver. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) I LOVE THIS CAR. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Even got it a new motor and trans already along with complete custom suspension. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
+Quote Post
flipb
post Jan 5 2011, 08:36 AM
Post #75

That's rough. The cost to repair all the damage will be significantly greater than the difference in the car's value.

Can you claim that your initial plans were to part it out? If so, it would be easier to tally the damage to individual parts and the harm done to their value, piece-by-piece.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
6 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 10:52 AM