Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> V8 Grief, Now what do I do?
NoPorsche
post May 18 2004, 03:24 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,144

The only year that had a mass produced 302 was the 69 Z28. Anything before that was the 327 destroked.

Actually, 1967 (602 cars built, plus extra engines), 1968 (1800+ cars built) and 1969 Z/28s (20,000+ cars built) ALL had 302s. Each year used a block that was common to 302, 327 and 350, even 1969, where those three engine sizes could be found with the same casting number on the block. Just depended on what crank the factory wanted to install. The 69 did use a 4-bolt version of the block, but so did some of the 350s. The 67 and 68 versions were given an engine code of "MO", while the 69 was coded the "DZ"...

On the 305 heads, the lower edge of the head is also differently shaped from most other Chevy heads. It has a "scalloped" shape to the outer edge where the lower head bolts go (visible in that photo). I have heard that this was only used on the 305s...

Sorry to hear about the problems with the engine. I imagine now that the motor is out, and at a shop (3rd party), you are probably out of luck. I would think that the dealer doesn't want to pay, he will likely just say the engine in there was the 383, and either you or the other shop are lying... I hope the best works out for you...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Howard
post May 18 2004, 04:22 PM
Post #22

Incontin(g)ent Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 943
Region Association: None

Thanks to all for the advice. I am now the proud owner of a brand new Mr. Goodwrench 350. Not rebuilt, remanufactured, resurrected, but actually new, local dealer delivered to wrench for $1300. Would have been $100 less with core. Ain't it purty?350

It is soooooooooo stock.

Will let you all know what happened on legal end with seller as soon as it's resolved.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 11:18 AM