Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> We're Painted, Proof There really is a Car!
andys
post Jul 20 2011, 04:10 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 721
Region Association: None

I just re-read my post, and need to correct it.
"I needed 1 5/8" spacers to put the wheel in the correct place (scrub radius wise), but ................."
Rather than "scrub radius wise", it should read "back spacing wise"

Andys
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim dorociak
post Jul 20 2011, 09:56 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,966
Region Association: Southern California

I have three different wheel centers available for a custom build. I only build 18" wheels. Many 911 widebody and 930 guys are moving to 18" wheels for tire selection. The earlier cars require completely different offsets than when I build for 964/964 Turbo and 993/TT cars. The earlier cars require all the inner and outer rims to change for the correct offset. I just have not seen a set of custom built 18" wheels on a 914 - I have seen late model offset 18" wheels, but those require large spacers to make them work, actually same is true if these late model wheels are fit on the earlier 911/930 cars. If you send me your email address I can send additional pictures. My files are just too large to post. This wheel is an OZ Racing wheel and the outer lip is 3.75" with clear anodizing on the rim just like the fuchs. The centers can be paint many different colors. Jim jdorociak@gmail.comAttached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 12:39 PM