Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fender Well Liners
Brando
post Dec 29 2004, 08:55 PM
Post #41

BUY MY SPARE KIDNEY!!!

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,648
Region Association: Southern California

Hey kwales... After you're done and have made a set (and got some $$$ from the clubbers who bought them) why not release the files under GNU Public License, or have the patenting terms along that?

Talk about twisting the knife (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jim912928
post Dec 29 2004, 08:57 PM
Post #42

Member No.: 1,536
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Nick,

Making us aware is one thing, and a good one. Unfortunately you felt the need to go on and start in with the deragatory comments about us (cheap for example) as people and a group. I'm sure you have more material things then some of us and probably less then many. Who cares. But obviously you must because you began generalizing all of us in a demeaning manner (oh by the way...I wouldn't be so quick to think you've owned more porsches then the any of the rest of us, I am 48 and thus have had a few)).

Contribute with good intent and cut the deragatory comments about us as individuals and you just might find out you don't get jumped on so much!

I'm going to repeat that: Contribute with good intent and cut the deragatory comments about us as individuals and you just might find out you don't get jumped on so much!

hmmm...there is something to the old saying about treating others as you would like others to treat you.
+Quote Post
markb
post Dec 29 2004, 08:57 PM
Post #43

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE (nickg @ Dec 29 2004, 06:28 PM)
...next time i will just not say anything.

OK. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Dec 29 2004, 09:14 PM
Post #44

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

nick,
do you enjoy being confrontational?
sometimes it's not what you say it's HOW you say it...
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 29 2004, 09:27 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 2,652

you know it's really funny, i am actually a very laid back kinda person, but i do tend to lay it out pretty much as it is and not sugar coat anything. I will admit i am a bit offended by eric's comments about me, in fact they are downright rude, but words never hurt me. I just hate to see stupid things happen. and thanks for the guys calling my 914-6 rusty cost me a bunch of $, so thanks i hope you are proud. i guess the fact that these same guys(that never actually saw my car personally, or bothered to look where I posted the pictures) are accusing me here shows what kind of people they really are.
+Quote Post
madd_dogg_914
post Dec 29 2004, 10:16 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 497
Region Association: Northern California

Okay, lets everbody just calm down here. Nick, I think you have a good point, what if these are patented? We certainly wouldn't want anyone here to get sued over something as silly as fender liners. I think that the reason you got jumped on is your internet "tone" if you will. Basically it is a "I am mightier than you" kind of tone. And your posts seem to irritate a lot of other people as they are generalizations. Now I will be the first to say that there is a whole bunch of us "teener" heads that are cheap (AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE . . . (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif) ) But that is not to say that ALL 914 owners are cheap. It is this whole politically correct thing, it is just a way of being polite and not offending people. You say we are being cheap, people take that as an insult. What is I say that your friend who designed and manufactured these is being stingy by charging an astronomical amount for them. What is actually happening here is that someone is re-making a product in order to introduce a balance into the cost structure. There are ways around Patents and it sounds as though they found one. Someone makes something, someone will always make a better one for less. That is the way of the world. Now please lets stop playing games and get back to the real reason we are here: We all LOVE the 914!!! Most of us anywyas, I am sure someone has one here that wont start right now and well . . . . (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/ar15.gif)

-Chris
+Quote Post
Katmanken
post Dec 29 2004, 10:45 PM
Post #47

You haven't seen me if anybody asks...

Member No.: 819
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I guess the question would be sued for what?

Somebody has a nice cottage industry making these on the side. Don't think they sell a lot of them but they like the money. Realistically, it doesn't seem economically feasible to spend all that money on a patent and expect to make a profit.

If somebody was to sue, the best they could probably receive would be double damages. Based on sales volumes for a 30 year old car, that probably wouldn't begin to pay for the law$uit and would be more trouble than it's worth.

Like I said before, got a patent?

Show or fold.

Ken
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 29 2004, 10:57 PM
Post #48

people in the auto buisness who have these types of products don't typically sue for the $...they do it to to cost the guy doing it ....most people would rather stop doing it than put a few thousand $ in a lawyers pocket to defend themslves....i have seen it done too many times.
ken, i personally do not have a patent....so i cant show one to you
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 29 2004, 11:11 PM
Post #49

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

You're angry, bitter,
and thanks for the guys calling my 914-6 rusty cost me a bunch of $, so thanks i hope you are proud

Condescending, pompous,
fyi, i own 3 houses i bet that is more than you: I have owned more porsches than any 5 people on this board
(Where's the "I have a small penis" smiley?) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/w00t.gif)

Confrontational and you generalize.
you guys here are really weak, you simply know it all: it is pretty pathetic that you guys resort to outright piracy

and nice editing on the original post
I agree... you seem to have deleted all your posts where you call everyone cheap bastards, you know... "couple of 5's mean that much to you", "rub two pennies together" stuff... right Dic... errrrrr, Nick? Too bad the admins. can add all that stuff back in if they choose. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

And I do tend to lay it out pretty much as it is and not sugar coat anything. Print that out (and give the list to your therapist).

Relax Pookie (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 29 2004, 11:40 PM
Post #50

eric, what do you want from me? blood? i deleted the posts because i am tired of the persnal; attacks...let it be. why do you have to keep up on me? what the fuck is your problem?
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Dec 29 2004, 11:41 PM
Post #51

Professional Lawn Dart

Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

cant we all just get a bong ....er....along (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smoke.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
URY914
post Dec 29 2004, 11:42 PM
Post #52

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222

I can feel the love. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wub.gif)
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Dec 30 2004, 12:48 AM
Post #53

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Wow never realized that bumping this thread would cause such a fuss. Hell, make the liners, where the hell can you buy the liners. If your friend makes these liners how come you can't buy them anywhere? If I had the means of making these liners I would be making them right now and offering them to the 914 community. Let whoever wants to sue me sue me. Tell your friend that these liners he makes aren't available to anyone. I've seen them for sale on ebay and thats it. Are those the ones your friend makes and partwerks is selling them?

Hell make the liners.
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Dec 30 2004, 01:43 AM
Post #54

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87

QUOTE (nickg @ Dec 29 2004, 09:57 PM)
people in the auto buisness who have these types of products don't typically sue for the $...they do it to to cost the guy doing it ....most people would rather stop doing it than put a few thousand $ in a lawyers pocket to defend themslves....i have seen it done too many times.
ken, i personally do not have a patent....so i cant show one to you

I'd have to say that you are more than likely correct with the lawsuits...it's not for the money, more for the principle.....

as some people are aware, my bearings are based on another companies product...they are not patented by them or by me...in fact the other company knows I'm making them, I called and talked to the owner and designer..their concerns were that I don't make them too in-expensive and that the quality was as good or better than theirs...my price is a little lower than theirs (and that is going to change very, very soon)...quality wise, I believe I made some good changes to them....also, I will not advertise in places I know that they do such as Grassroots......I've also referred potential customers to them if I've been out of stock and cannot deliver in time...now if tommorow Dick sent me a letter demanding I stop, I'd call him and talk to him instead of just throwing the letter away and ignoring it until it got to a more serious state....

one thing with these fender liners is that I have never seen anyone advertise them besides the units on eBay by Partwerks..I honestly thought of them as an item no longer produced that Partwerks felt they could ask the whatever they wanted to (similar to other sites advertising "the last set on planet earth")..if no longer made, then to me it's fair game....don't want to let the masses know you have a product for sale and charge what is felt to be too much, it's far game...Engman is not trying to undercut the market on these, he sees interest for an item that is priced too high.....I'll be frank here and let you and him know that I didn't like to see him selling the fuse block kit at a price lower than James Adams, but hey, it's an open market and his price is close and as long as it's not like 50% cheaper than no real harm done...sorry for all the rambling (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
type11969
post Dec 30 2004, 07:00 AM
Post #55

Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

did you or anyone else from this board come to actually look at the 914-6 chassis?

Nick, I was going to come and take a look at the chassis, remember? You said I could have the fenders off of it, remember? Then when I tried to set up a time to come check them out, you decided to stop responding to my e-mails. I sent at least 3. If the chassis was that nice, I probably would have just bought the whole thing. But you didn't bother to return my e-mails. At the very least you could have told me that you changed your mind and decided to sell it as a whole, then I probably would have changed my mind too. Thanks for the effort, you have no one to blame but yourself.

-Chris
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Dec 30 2004, 07:48 AM
Post #56

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

Nick PMd me and asked me to "moderate" this thread.

I've followed it from the beginning, including his original, unedited comments.

I'm not going to moderate anything - but please play nice.

Nick - I know that you're frustrated with the group. However, you've seem to had a chip on your shoulder ever since your issues in the classifieds. Relax a little, okay? I understand (in a very layman-like way) intellectual and property rights. No one wants anyone else to get in trouble. You posted your concern... now you have four choices:

1. Buy a set of fender well liners.
2. Don't buy a set of fender well liners and shut up about it.
3. Find the original (if any) patent holder and squeal.
4. Continue to antagonize the crap out of people who already wonder about you because of your classifieds antics.

Pick one... and go with it. I'm not going to moderate you or the person you told me was in such dire need of "moderating".

-Lawrence
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 30 2004, 09:19 AM
Post #57

QUOTE (type11969 @ Dec 30 2004, 05:00 AM)
did you or anyone else from this board come to actually look at the 914-6 chassis?

Nick, I was going to come and take a look at the chassis, remember? You said I could have the fenders off of it, remember? Then when I tried to set up a time to come check them out, you decided to stop responding to my e-mails. I sent at least 3. If the chassis was that nice, I probably would have just bought the whole thing. But you didn't bother to return my e-mails. At the very least you could have told me that you changed your mind and decided to sell it as a whole, then I probably would have changed my mind too. Thanks for the effort, you have no one to blame but yourself.

-Chris

i got 2. i emailed my phone # ....you nevr called. i have several chassis you could have gotten the panel from...but you never called or came. get it straight
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 30 2004, 09:21 AM
Post #58

thanks lawerance. i see how it is...i get warned buy eric is free to attack me personally... not that expected any different
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Dec 30 2004, 09:26 AM
Post #59

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

QUOTE (nickg @ Dec 30 2004, 10:21 AM)
thanks lawerance. i see how it is...i get warned buy eric is free to attack me personally... not that expected any different

You were not warned or moderated. I asked you to relax a little, and everyone to play nice. The rest is friendly advice. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

If I had done either of the above, there would be no mistaking it. Hence, the reason that I usually let the other Admins step in. I moderate with a sledgehammer, and tend to hurt people's feelings. But.. you PMd me.

-Lawrence
+Quote Post
seanery
post Dec 30 2004, 09:26 AM
Post #60

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Member No.: 100

I got one of those emails.

Nick, your attitude sucks.
I've met Eric in person, he's a level-headed person. You do generalize and your words sound like it's YOU against the world. Get off your high horse and be a person like the rest of the folks here, or leave...your choice...you're pissing me off with this attitude of yours.
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:27 PM