Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fender Well Liners
type11969
post Dec 30 2004, 09:50 AM
Post #61

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,410
Region Association: North East States

Nick, you are wrong, you never sent me a number, don't lie. I have all the e-mails. Even if you did, why would you leave two of my e-mails unanswered?

after I posted in the classifieds looking for fenders, you responded you had some: "i have both on the 914-6 chassis i am selling. 200 and bring a saw. i just broke th last blade i have this weekend cutting a 911l up....i am in sussex county. these are very clean panels "

I then posted and e-mailed you: "Whereabouts in Sussex? I don't have a saw, but I was planning on drilling all the spotwelds out instead. Not sure how to remove the inner sail panel though. I'll be more than happy to buy you some more saw blades if I can use your saw. Let me know."

This is the last I heard from you: "i am in Franklin"

Two e-mails from me followed you last short response, they both went unanswered.

Once again, no one to blame but yourself. I live only about an hour away from you and could have easily bought anything you were selling, definitely not the case for 95% of the people on this board.

You get it straight.

-Chris
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 30 2004, 09:54 AM
Post #62

PMB Performance

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,110
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

he's a level-headed person

That's REALLY stretching it... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/w00t.gif)

Seeing as how we can't change the spots on the ole leopard, let's try to change the subject (or at least change it back to the subject at hand) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)

Sooooooooooo... how bout those Cubs?

Anybody know where I can get a good "patented" fender well liner?
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 30 2004, 10:06 AM
Post #63

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

happy new year.

kevin
+Quote Post
Engman
post Dec 30 2004, 10:13 AM
Post #64

Zoisite

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 475

Look - the major isssue is we would like to have fender well liners. Currently there is only one place that sells them - they are difficult to deal with. People have had Major issues with them.

Additionally $200 a set for about $12 in plastic, maybe $10 in processing it and another $10 or so for the brackets adds up to a pretty high profit. If it took 'hundreds of hours to develop' I serisouly doubt. Maybe about 10-15 hours.

Now any product sold should make a profit. No one here is against that.

Ask your buddy to sell them here. Keep in mind that he will maximize his profit by selling them at alower price. ( He could sell 5 for $200 and make say $750 OR he could sell 30 for $120 and make $2100)

It is his choice.

Plastic is not really my medium of choice. I can do them, but I will give the other supplier a chance to post here and sell them. If the choice is not to do that then we will see where this goes.

M
+Quote Post
914werke
post Dec 30 2004, 10:33 AM
Post #65

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/laugh.gif)
happy new year.
Kev have you started drinking already?
Either way, the # of views to this thread show there is interest....in either Blood or liners Im not sure which, but I and others are after a quality liner at a REASONABLE $, from a reliable supplier.

Mark I think your the only one who has voiced an intrest in (re)prodoucing these. I hope all this blather hasnt dissuaded you. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rhodyguy
post Dec 30 2004, 10:38 AM
Post #66

Chimp Sanctuary NW. Check it out.

Member No.: 378

no rich. it was either wish folks a hny or make sure the laces were taped up and send them to their respective corners. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)

kevin
+Quote Post
Rusty
post Dec 30 2004, 10:50 AM
Post #67

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6

QUOTE (Engman @ Dec 30 2004, 11:13 AM)
Additionally $200 a set for about $12 in plastic, maybe $10 in processing it and another $10 or so for the brackets adds up to a pretty high profit. If it took 'hundreds of hours to develop' I serisouly doubt. Maybe about 10-15 hours.

On topic... that could be said for any number of 914 products, including stuff sold by vendors and enthusiasts here.

Now, off topic... Hey Mike. If I read your post correctly, you're going to raise the prices on your bearing kits in the near future. I'm sure they're a great product, but price is the reason that I don't have them now. It's a luxury I can't afford. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)

I respect your work, Mike, and I know you need to make a profit. However, I think you're going to price yourself right out of the 914 market... like whomever is selling these other fender liners.

Maybe it's a California economy thing, where million dollar homes are hovels and most of the rest of the country just doesn't get it. JMO, and worth exactly what you paid for it. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/smile.gif)

-Lawrence
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 30 2004, 10:58 AM
Post #68

Member No.: 2,652

I need to get this off my chest here. I responded to this thread with a simple answer. I then get hammered and attacked by the members here about my post. I don't care if they get made or not, i just did not think it right to out right copy another person's design and bad mouth it in the process. I have no idea what the patent # is...i never said i did. all i said was people had had action against them before. I the get hammered for saying how i feel in my defense, I have eric shea come on here and personally attack me in a manner specificly geared to upset me(don't forum rules say you can't do that?) so what if i feel that 914 people are cheap? i am one, and i know i am cheap. don't get upset over that...everyone looks for the best price on everything, it's our nature. I asked that the personal insults be removed by the mods and both of which say I need the moderating. you know it is a shame that you guys are the way you are. I admit i get a bit angered by a lot of comments, but the crap woith my 914-6 cost me over a $1000, you'd be pissed if i did that to you right? the deal with kerry was the same way, buit shit happens right? did i come on here and trash him? no he did it to me....(i guess that makes me wrong somehow) Chris i told you to call me, want the email? i said that i don't have a saw right now, you wanted to drill the spots out. I have several 914's for parts, you are welcome to come up any time, not once did i say you weren't. I am sorry that I may have failed to get in touch with you but the week in the hospital may have someting to do with it, then you start in with my typing ability? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/finger.gif) , you have your eyes cut open and have them stitched back shut and see how well you type, i am damn lucky i can see....get the point? This whole board is very rough on newbies such as myself, everyone here has a comment(hell look at what they did to greg treadway), i am sorry i am not up to your standards. I just wanted to try and save a future problem. The people here are real good at fanning the flames and really pissing someone off. after a while it is NOT cool. does anyone here actually know me?(save tod914?) has anyone met me? no. i can't understand why people wth such common interests can be so nasty to one another. maybe i take things a bit hard, considering, but all i wanted to do was try to help out. i don't fit in here, i am not posting anymore on this thread. since i will only get crap over it.
engman, to let you know it is the research and finding the materials and people to make them that takes the time, not the designing.....i assume you knew that though. (no flame intended, so don't take it that way)
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Dec 30 2004, 11:40 AM
Post #69

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27

All I hope for is that Engman continues to make these liners and get them out for the community. That was the intent from the start.
+Quote Post
type11969
post Dec 30 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #70

I posted simply to state that I was very willing to come check out what you had after you stated that no one here took the time to do so (tough for the majority of the people here to do anyway). In fact, I was excited to find that there was another 914 head so close by. But you brushed me off by not responding to my e-mails. Period. You claim you sent me an e-mail that had you phone number. Great. I never got it (see above), and doubt that you did send it. Regardless, it doesn't explain you not responding to any of my following e-mails.

Like I said before, trying to make me feel bad isn't going to work, if your eyes are bothering you enough to affect your typing skills, you should be using a computer or a laptop. Just telling you like it is, no sugar coating.
+Quote Post
nickg
post Dec 30 2004, 12:07 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 2,652

know what? i did miss it.....i must have overlooked it, anyway. you were ruight, i was wrong. sorry i replied
+Quote Post
type11969
post Dec 30 2004, 12:11 PM
Post #72

thanks, sorry for getting a bit heated, I don't like being called a liar.
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post Dec 30 2004, 01:21 PM
Post #73

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110

I have eric shea come on here and personally attack me in a manner specificly geared to upset me

Nick. Please stop. I've got nothing against you personally. We've e-mailed off the list when I was looking for a -6 tank. You weren't ready to sell. I've never held anything personally against you. I watched your flywheel deal and your tub deal and I basically stayed out and said nothing (I asked if you could post a pic because I knew someone who was looking... was I interested? No but you never know who I could have sent your way...)

I simply told you to stop being a dick. I'm sure that is to be considered a "personal attack". It was aimed at all your "you guys" comments most of which you have since deleted. "You guys are so cheap, pathetic, know it alls that cost me a bunch of $, rub two pennies together, if a couple of $5's mean that much to you". You've deleted a lot of these things making it look like everyone is picking on you.

Really Nick... no tone intended here; don't you understand the effect it has on people when you lump them all together and call them a bunch of cheap bastards? If not... take a look at the many replies you've received, not just from me. That's when I chimed in. Again, the only thing I did Nick was tell you to stop being a dick. You must have felt the same way otherwise you wouldn't have deleted your condescending posts... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif)

If you enjoy posting to the list, you must enjoy the list. If so, hang out and be happy. It's a really cool place with a great group of people. If you don't like the people here and you feel you don't fit in then my advice would be to leave... you'll only make yourself angrier. That's not good for you. Especially if you're recovering from surgery. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

I personally don't want you to leave or butt out of any threads. You seem to have an interest in 914's and that can only be good. You also seem to have an interest in lumping people together and calling everyone on the list a bunch of cheap, penny-pinching jerks that are "not your type". The world is not made up of people that are "just like Nick" or "just like Eric".

If you have a personal bitch with me... go for it. If you have a beef with Jim or Mark for attempting to steal your friend Jay's work, say so. Don't lump Lawrence, Sean, Mike or whomever won't agree with you into the "you guys" category. Want some examples from what posts you've left up?

I then get hammered and attacked by the members here; This whole board is very rough on newbies such as myself; The people here are real good at fanning the flames and really pissing someone off; you know it is a shame that you guys are the way you are

...and that was just from one post. There's 3000 members here Nick. They didn't attack you, I did (along with a handful of others) because you "generalize" (see above) and you piss people off. The "whole board" is way cool to "newbies". I think that's one of the greatest things about this board. You don't have to wade through piles of snob before someone decides your project is "cool enough" for them to talk to you. Check this thread out. You'll even find Greg and I agreeing on things. If Greg decides to weigh in here I'm "fairly" certain that he'll admit that his initial "methods" of promoting his wares is what got him in trouble with a "few" members Nick... a few (out of 3000). By posting your generalized "cheapskate" comments YOU fanned the flames Nick. You told 3000 people that they suck. You're bound to get some response don't ya think? Again, I just told you to stop being a dick. And again, you must have agreed because you deleted your comments. Jim said it kinder than I; and your reply?
"I have owned more porsches than any 5 people on this board, i don't care about your pristine 928 or 911."
And to paraphrase one Nick Q... "it's a shame you are the way you are". The man in the mirror is responsible Nick.

Please Nick. Start over. If you honestly wanted to help out, say so. "Hey gang, I wanna help out here. I'm good friends with Jay over at Partswerks and I know that he's sued in the past over these things... approach with caution". Relax and enjoy the list Nick. If you do... I'll "guarantee" you'll get a bunch of comments just like type11969's last one. A simple "thanks".

Best wishes on your surgery... (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
eric914
post Dec 30 2004, 02:20 PM
Post #74

Member No.: 1,613
Region Association: Upper MidWest

As far as the patent issue, if you do not apply for a patent within 12 months of the date you start to sell an item they will be considered to be in the public domain and would not be eligible. Anybody could copy and sell the item at that point.

Even if a patent was applied for these would have to be a new and unique item (no one has ever received a patent for a similar item in the past for any vehicle). I find it hard to believe that the 914 is the only car that has ever had liners made for it.

As a side note, I would be in for a set if someone decides to make them and sell them at a reasonable price point.
+Quote Post
Air_Cooled_Nut
post Dec 30 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #75

914 Ronin - 914 owner who lost his 914club.com

Member No.: 584
Region Association: None

I need to get this off my chest here.

Every post seems to be this. Good thing you quit while you're ahead because it simply appeared like another shovel full of dirt from the hole you were digging.

This whole board is very rough on newbies such as myself

Actually, you're dead wrong here. Go to the VW Vortex. They're complete i-bullies there. The volks here are much better and forgiving, with a real sense of humor.

hell look at what they did to greg treadway

Different situation and definitely not typical!

maybe i take things a bit hard, considering, but all i wanted to do was try to help out.

Helping is fine, how you communicate it is another factor. Learn to use the Smilies and other such emoticons as they greatly help out conveying tone and meaning where the written word fails compared to verbal, face-to-face conversation.
+Quote Post
tdgray
post Dec 30 2004, 03:02 PM
Post #76

Thank God Nemo is not here to see this

Member No.: 984

QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Dec 30 2004, 08:06 AM)
happy new year.

kevin

ROFLMAO (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/lol2.gif)

Happy Kwanza Kevin (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
neo914-6
post Sep 18 2006, 11:07 AM
Post #77

neo life

Member No.: 159

Don't want to rehash the controversy but does anyone make these (that will deliver)???
+Quote Post
MartyYeoman
post Sep 18 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #78

Member No.: 839
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Sep 18 2006, 10:07 AM) *

Don't want to rehash the controversy but does anyone make these (that will deliver)???

Inquiring minds want to know.
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Sep 18 2006, 02:22 PM
Post #79

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Fuch you Felix, you cheap bastard. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

And Marty, quit attacking me with your personal insults. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

You guys are really assholes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bootyshake.gif)

Sorry man, I just felt like somebody needed to keep up the original spirit of this thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chairfall.gif)

Note to self: at least consider growing up someday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
ein 6er
post Sep 18 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #80

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 300

QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Sep 18 2006, 11:16 AM) *

QUOTE(neo914-6 @ Sep 18 2006, 10:07 AM) *

Inquiring minds want to know.

not the same ones i don't think, (no pics), but .... Lokari
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
4 User(s) are reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 05:29 PM