Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

854 Pages V « < 848 849 850 851 852 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> what did you do to your 914 today
friethmiller
post Aug 7 2024, 05:46 AM
Post #16981

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,863
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Artfrombama @ Aug 7 2024, 12:14 AM) *

New 19mm URO master cylinder, old one was leaking out the back and couldn’t get a firm pedal no matter how much I bled or adjusted.

Installation was straightforward and the reservoir lines didn’t fight me much at all. Bled the system (love my speedbleeders) now full, hard pedal.

Nice car, @Arfrombama! Theres nothing like a “hard peddle” (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) My 74 was originally just like yours, no fog lights,1.8L but Bahia Red
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Aug 7 2024, 05:48 AM
Post #16982

Geezer914

Member No.: 10,179
Region Association: North East States

Fixed my no start issue, 6v Ford hot start relay took a dump . Replaced with a new 12v relay. All good! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
NotLance
post Aug 8 2024, 08:43 PM
Post #16983

Member No.: 25,165
Region Association: Northern California

Repaired a cracked decklid tab at the Red Barn. Huge thanks to Chris for letting me use his welder. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) Gap is perfect.

Attached Image

(Pre-welding - forgot to take photos of the finished repair but it turned out good)

Attached Image

While at it we slotted the decklid tabs so now it's super easy to take on and off - big improvement!

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Artfrombama
post Aug 9 2024, 12:38 PM
Post #16984

Member No.: 27,870
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(friethmiller @ Aug 7 2024, 06:46 AM) *

New 19mm URO master cylinder, old one was leaking out the back and couldn’t get a firm pedal no matter how much I bled or adjusted.

Installation was straightforward and the reservoir lines didn’t fight me much at all. Bled the system (love my speedbleeders) now full, hard pedal.

Nice car, @Arfrombama! Theres nothing like a “hard peddle” (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) My 74 was originally just like yours, no fog lights,1.8L but Bahia Red

@friethmiller Yes but you have the coveted LE, I have the lowly garden variety. I always drop by your restoration thread daily to check your progress, amazing work my friend!
+Quote Post
SKL1
post Aug 9 2024, 12:40 PM
Post #16985

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Been pretty toasty here for a while but took "red" out early before triple digits... still need to do some linkage adjustment on the '71...Attached Image
+Quote Post
friethmiller
post Aug 9 2024, 01:19 PM
Post #16986

Member No.: 22,863
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(Artfrombama @ Aug 9 2024, 12:38 PM) *

@friethmiller Yes but you have the coveted LE, I have the lowly garden variety. I always drop by your restoration thread daily to check your progress, amazing work my friend!

Thanks! It's coming along. BTW, the LE is my 2nd 914. My red '74 is just like yours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Artfrombama
post Aug 9 2024, 05:33 PM
Post #16987

QUOTE(friethmiller @ Aug 9 2024, 02:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Artfrombama @ Aug 9 2024, 12:38 PM) *

Thanks! It's coming along. BTW, the LE is my 2nd 914. My red '74 is just like yours (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)

Attached Image

Lovely!!!

+Quote Post
Chaznaster
post Aug 9 2024, 06:08 PM
Post #16988

Member No.: 19,389

Replaced the gaskets on top of the fuel tank. Replumbed the tiny tubes that daisy chain between the filler neck, condensation tank, etc.

I do not have the charcoal canister so just ran the outlet out below the tank, where the filler overflow tube comes out.

I am hoping the air passing over it will help clear any fumes. I read somewhere on this forum that this was how it was done before the charcoal canisters were introduced.

I am crossing fingers that this will cure the gas smell I get when the tank is full and I corner hard.
+Quote Post
chriselkjar
post Aug 9 2024, 10:39 PM
Post #16989

Member No.: 27,415
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Aug 9 2024, 05:08 PM) *

I am crossing fingers that this will cure the gas smell I get when the tank is full and I corner hard.

I have the same issue on a new fuel tank - previous owner had silicone'd the absolute hell out of everything and im guessing this is why.
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Aug 10 2024, 02:10 AM
Post #16990

Geezer914

QUOTE(Chaznaster @ Aug 9 2024, 08:08 PM) *

Replaced the gaskets on top of the fuel tank. Replumbed the tiny tubes that daisy chain between the filler neck, condensation tank, etc.

I do not have the charcoal canister so just ran the outlet out below the tank, where the filler overflow tube comes out.

I am hoping the air passing over it will help clear any fumes. I read somewhere on this forum that this was how it was done before the charcoal canisters were introduced.

I did the same thing, no gas fumes.
+Quote Post
Craigers17
post Aug 10 2024, 10:04 AM
Post #16991

Member No.: 21,317

Installed one of Spoke's E26 flasher relays. I have recently fixed my horn and replaced the turn signal apparatus, so now I finally have both turn signals working again, as well as the cancelling function on the stalk, and my horn works......the simple pleasures! Also washed and drove it!
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Aug 10 2024, 01:55 PM
Post #16992

Member No.: 21,628

Got back to Indiana and the 914 so first order of business was a drive. Then wired up a phone charger and removed and reinstalled the speedo since i'm not getting speed readings but both odometers are reading fine and accurate. Strange....especially since I have had it checked by North Hollywood and it spins up and indicates speed just fine for them. The investigation continues...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
burton73
post Aug 10 2024, 02:21 PM
Post #16993

burton73

Member No.: 7,414

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 10 2024, 12:55 PM) *

Got back to Indiana and the 914 so first order of business was a drive. Then wired up a phone charger and removed and reinstalled the speedo since i'm not getting speed readings but both odometers are reading fine and accurate. Strange....especially since I have had it checked by North Hollywood and it spins up and indicates speed just fine for them. The investigation continues...

Attached Image

Brian, how did you get this shot?

Best Bob B
+Quote Post
FlacaProductions
post Aug 10 2024, 02:36 PM
Post #16994

Member No.: 21,628

Hey Bob - @burton73 - it's an Insta360 X3 camera on a short pole that has been suction-cupped to the inside of the rear window.

It's sitting about 10" above the top of the targa bar. you can see the shadow of it on my right ear. The camera tech "paints" itself out of the shot and you can pan it 360. pretty cool. This is a frame grab from a video. If you want, we can do it with your car sometime - but i'm not great on the editing side of this. Cameras are available on Amazon...let me know if i can help.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Aug 11 2024, 06:28 AM
Post #16995

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

Attached Image drove it !
+Quote Post
Geezer914
post Aug 11 2024, 08:14 AM
Post #16996

Geezer914

Very nice (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Artfrombama
post Aug 11 2024, 09:32 PM
Post #16997

Drove over to GA. and toured the Savoy auto museum. 280 miles RT, no problems (except we felt like cooked sausages).Attached Image
+Quote Post
wonkipop
post Aug 11 2024, 10:27 PM
Post #16998

Advanced Member

Member No.: 24,231
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

QUOTE(Artfrombama @ Aug 11 2024, 09:32 PM) *

Drove over to GA. and toured the Savoy auto museum. 280 miles RT, no problems (except we felt like cooked sausages).Attached Image

the twin sister in north antarctica sends her greetings to the other side of the planet. spring has almost sprung down here after 2 months of antarctic polar air mass bombardment. i get three months of top off pleasure before it gets hotter than the surface of the moon at lunar midday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Artfrombama
post Aug 11 2024, 11:05 PM
Post #16999

QUOTE(wonkipop @ Aug 11 2024, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(Artfrombama @ Aug 11 2024, 09:32 PM) *

the twin sister in north antarctica sends her greetings to the other side of the planet. spring has almost sprung down here after 2 months of antarctic polar air mass bombardment. i get three months of top off pleasure before it gets hotter than the surface of the moon at lunar midday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Attached Image

Ran into a rather friendly ol’ boy in the parking lot with some euro Limber weenie or some obscure brand.Attached Image
+Quote Post
Stef914
post Aug 12 2024, 12:24 AM
Post #17000

human

Member No.: 25,745

I replaced the ignition switch so the car can start as it was intended to !

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post

854 Pages V « < 848 849 850 851 852 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 01:35 AM