Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Need help starting a 75 1.8L L-Jet in NoVA, Injectors not spraying
timothy_nd28
post Sep 11 2012, 07:56 PM
Post #41

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,154
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I had great luck with witchhunter.com in the past. They have great turn around time, and they give you a print out full of data on each injector. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ClayPerrine
post Sep 11 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #42

Life's been good to me so far.....

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,143
Region Association: NineFourteenerVille

Find a 1980s vintage Datsun/Nissan. They use a Nippondenso built licensed copy of the Bosch L-Jet. The injectors are interchangeable with the 914 L-Jet injectors, and you can get them at any FLAPS. My lookup found these: 1984 Nissan 200SX injectors.

52.99 each, brand new.

QUOTE(wrightee @ Sep 11 2012, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(tim_nd @ Sep 3 2012, 08:10 PM) *

He stated in a PM that his fuel injector last chance filters were now plugged with old rubber bits/sludge. I'm thinking since he replaced his FI harness, that the injectors are actually firing now. However, the fuel injectors are now plugged with debris.
After he flushes out the lines, and re-cleans these injectors, it should fire up.

Following tim_nd's expert advice, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) I've narrowed this non-start problem down to seized injectors. I get a "click" from one, but the other three don't click. All show the same resistance, so I'm hoping that a good fuel injector cleaning/rebuild service may free up the stuck ones. Anyone have any recommendations on where to send them?

Also, I found this link that indicates most L-Jetronic injectors (from VWs) are interchangeable with mine, though the numbers on mine don't match up with this chart. The Porsche # is 0 280 150 102 and the VW # is 022 096 031C. Any of you L-Jet folks use any of these other injectors? (in case my bad ones can't be fixed)

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/Injectors.html
+Quote Post
wrightee
post Sep 23 2012, 05:43 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 11,053
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Sep 11 2012, 11:21 PM) *

Find a 1980s vintage Datsun/Nissan. They use a Nippondenso built licensed copy of the Bosch L-Jet. The injectors are interchangeable with the 914 L-Jet injectors, and you can get them at any FLAPS. My lookup found these: 1984 Nissan 200SX injectors.

52.99 each, brand new.

QUOTE(wrightee @ Sep 11 2012, 07:01 PM) *

QUOTE(tim_nd @ Sep 3 2012, 08:10 PM) *

He stated in a PM that his fuel injector last chance filters were now plugged with old rubber bits/sludge. I'm thinking since he replaced his FI harness, that the injectors are actually firing now. However, the fuel injectors are now plugged with debris.
After he flushes out the lines, and re-cleans these injectors, it should fire up.

Following tim_nd's expert advice, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) I've narrowed this non-start problem down to seized injectors. I get a "click" from one, but the other three don't click. All show the same resistance, so I'm hoping that a good fuel injector cleaning/rebuild service may free up the stuck ones. Anyone have any recommendations on where to send them?

Also, I found this link that indicates most L-Jetronic injectors (from VWs) are interchangeable with mine, though the numbers on mine don't match up with this chart. The Porsche # is 0 280 150 102 and the VW # is 022 096 031C. Any of you L-Jet folks use any of these other injectors? (in case my bad ones can't be fixed)

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/Injectors.html

Update...had the injectors refurbished at MrInjector.us (good price and great service). All had shown good electric resistance, but no "click". Testing confirmed they were siezed/gummed inside, but they came back working after cleaning. Put them back in, and after a few cranks she started! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Thanks again to tim_nd who has provided a great deal of technical help to get another L-jet running!

Now, I just need to get it running well! ...and then fix the rust (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
+Quote Post
type47
post Sep 23 2012, 06:03 AM
Post #44

Viermeister

Member No.: 994

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) now only about a month to work on it to get it ready to go to the ECC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

+Quote Post
wrightee
post Sep 23 2012, 06:15 AM
Post #45

Member No.: 11,053

QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 23 2012, 08:03 AM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif) now only about a month to work on it to get it ready to go to the ECC (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

Been wanting to attend this, so I can meet some other local folks afflicted with this "hobby"... but, unfortunately, I have a schedule conflict that weekend.
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 09:35 AM