Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What is carburetor percolation..., How can I take care of this annoying problem
mrbubblehead
post Nov 12 2012, 03:41 PM
Post #41

Twodollardoug

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,492
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 12 2012, 02:39 PM) *

thats them.... if you go to their website the sell two different thicknesses.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
URY914
post Nov 12 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #42

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

Also in 1/2" thick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-44-IDA-44-ID...63c&vxp=mtr
+Quote Post
mrbubblehead
post Nov 12 2012, 03:43 PM
Post #43

Twodollardoug

Member No.: 12,492
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 12 2012, 02:42 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Nov 12 2012, 05:11 PM
Post #44

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

The only reason we use the phenolic spacers is because we all have a few sets under a bench somewhere. They work but aren't the only way. Slightly different but a heck of a lot cheaper on aircooled.net: http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Weber-IDF-IDA...-11-1562-12.htm

Even cheaper at Pierce Manifolds, called "isolator" gaskets, to eliminate heat transfer and vibration (which can aerate fuel): http://www.piercemanifolds.com/category_s/296.htm

These are a different style, 1/8" instead of phenolic, but they do exactly the same thing.

+Quote Post
nathansnathan
post Nov 13 2012, 01:06 PM
Post #45

Member No.: 11,782

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Nov 12 2012, 07:49 AM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Nov 12 2012, 06:51 AM) *

The Phenolic FI spacers are in the 1.8/ 2.0 elring gasket sets. It's a fun project to make your own, but I can't see going to great lengths to make these.

About the Dellorto whistle, I was saying I think it is a myth, as my Dells only make that noise when they aren't sealing right. CB doesn't make them anymore, like was said. I speculate that those gaskets were a cover up - the literature wasn't going to say, "now buy our gaskets which compensate for how badly machined our manifolds are", so they made up a story about the gaps that had to be filled by a proprietary gasket, when it is just the thickness of the gasket that makes the difference. -just speculating here as I have not tried the special gaskets. My Dells son't whistle, though, without them.

It could be there is some confusion between "Dellorto whistle" and "Dellorto Howl". Mine do howl impressively. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Nope. It's real. You have to epoxy up that positioning slot at the base since the gaskets are NLA. My 2270 had Dell's and she tweeted up a storm. I got 'the last set of gaskets' at CB Performance according to the person I ordered from.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong that I can't get them to whistle? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Mine are the european ones, drla 40's, running tiny 32 mains, the long manifolds, cb air filter/ linkage on an 1800 with a webcam 86 cam - has some overlap and some lift over stock cam. I've got a stock muffler, all this in a bus mind you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Here are the gaskets at aircooled.net.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Dellorto-DRLA...stle-gasket.htm
+Quote Post
nsr-jamie
post Nov 14 2012, 09:40 PM
Post #46

914 guy in Japan

Member No.: 8,305

Complete!! Total cost = zero, machining time on the mill after work about 4 hours for the set plus a bit more to make the jig for them. It feels good making parts for your own car instead of having to pay out money for them. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 11:34 AM