Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> valvolene VR1 oil warning, I've been looking to change oil in the daily driver
somd914
post Feb 20 2013, 04:59 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(euro911 @ Feb 20 2013, 02:14 AM) *

$5 ~ $6 per qt. was about what I paid the last time I bought a case Brad Penn 20/50, but I don't remember what the price for a barrel of crude was going for at the time. It may be more today (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

At least around here most oil is running $6 and change. I don't have a local vendor for Brad Penn, so buying on line with shipping is pushing around $8/qt. Not a huge difference, just a bit inconvenient.

I think it really boils down to who do you believe? Even for modern engines there is much debate between synthetics and fossil - I've seen several well documented, scientific-based studies that support both schools of thought in this debate.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
MrLeeS
post Feb 20 2013, 06:37 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 10,300
Region Association: Southwest Region

The product info sheets on the stree legal versions are pretty specific 14/13 ppm zinc phos, on the conventional. For the synthetic you need to go 20/50 to get to the 13ppm level. I've used it for 10 years in numerous huge spring pressure engines no problems. Some guys who used the overpriced specialty oils like to knock it to make them feel better about paying $10+ a bottle for the same thing.
+Quote Post
injunmort
post Feb 20 2013, 08:19 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,604
Region Association: North East States

the bottle you show is 20/50. I use strait 50wt in my 914 and says on bottle zdcp additive. maybe different on strait weight oil vs multi vis.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Feb 20 2013, 09:17 AM
Post #24

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696
Region Association: None

I use Kendall GT-1 with Liquid Titanium 20/50. Before the company bought it, I pulled a spec sheet I can no longer find at the moment. As I remember, it had .119% ZDDP which equates to 1190 ppm.

When it first hit the market we were able to purchase pallets from Costco and the cost per quart was like $2.50. We now purchase it bulk in 55 gl barrels (not really 55 gallons but what the hell).

I stocked up and don't know what the current price is but can check tomorrow.

Let the oil wars continue ..............................
+Quote Post
carr914
post Feb 20 2013, 10:14 AM
Post #25

Racer from Birth
****************************************************************************************************

Member No.: 1,623
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 20 2013, 10:17 AM) *

I use Kendall GT-1 with Liquid Titanium 20/50. Before the company bought it, I pulled a spec sheet I can no longer find at the moment. As I remember, it had .119% ZDDP which equates to 1190 ppm.

When it first hit the market we were able to purchase pallets from Costco and the cost per quart was like $2.50. We now purchase it bulk in 55 gl barrels (not really 55 gallons but what the hell).

I stocked up and don't know what the current price is but can check tomorrow.

Let the oil wars continue ..............................

That's what I use & I looked it up yesterday 1200ppm ZDDP

It has API-SN in the Starburst

Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 10:19 AM