Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WY, TX, NM, UT, CO gathering., planning discussion
Rhodes71/914
post Dec 3 2004, 07:10 PM
Post #61

Glacier

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,482

This is a great driving event. If you want to drive your teener on some of the finest roads our country has to offer, with some of the most fantastic scenery available this would be an event not to miss. The only problem I see is teeners driving off the road while gazing at beautiful red-rock cliffs through their top-less roof. I've been all over this fabulous country of ours and "this" is some of the most spectacular scenery I've "ever" seen. Only those who have been there will understand.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I am trying to figure out if there is any way I can make this event. That area is incredible. My brother is getting married in wine country Cali on the 17th if this take place on the following weekend I could just keep driving south.

I will stay tuned.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Dec 4 2004, 01:13 AM
Post #62

ELVIRA

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 481
Region Association: None

One of the biggest reasons we had an auto-x at the WCC was to give the guys a chance to be involved who did not have street legal cars. An auto-x or some other type of track event is fun, but it is a lot of work to make it happen. In addition to the biggest hurdle - insurance, you also need equipment such as cones, timers, flags, etc.

Another options would be along the lines of what they did at the Fall Foliage Classic - a poker run, or some other fun competition. At one of the 914 Owners Association Reunions a few years ago we had a fan belt toss, stop on a dime contest, a blind backing slalom and a few others.

It is never to early to start thinking about trying to line up sponsors to help pay the bills.

If we ask nicely, maybe Jeroen, Sean or one of our talented members will design a logo for a t-shirt.
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post Dec 4 2004, 01:28 AM
Post #63

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

We need to sticky this thread
+Quote Post
brant
post Dec 5 2004, 01:13 AM
Post #64

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 4 2004, 12:13 AM)
One of the biggest reasons we had an auto-x at the WCC was to give the guys a chance to be involved who did not have street legal cars. An auto-x or some other type of track event is fun, but it is a lot of work to make it happen. In addition to the biggest hurdle - insurance, you also need equipment such as cones, timers, flags, etc.

Another options would be along the lines of what they did at the Fall Foliage Classic - a poker run, or some other fun competition. At one of the 914 Owners Association Reunions a few years ago we had a fan belt toss, stop on a dime contest, a blind backing slalom and a few others.

It is never to early to start thinking about trying to line up sponsors to help pay the bills.

If we ask nicely, maybe Jeroen, Sean or one of our talented members will design a logo for a t-shirt.

John,

I like the T-shirt idea...

since I'm pretty clueless, and haven't seen the inside details of an event before....
what kind of expenses will we need to find sponsorship for?

brant
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Dec 5 2004, 03:43 AM
Post #65

ELVIRA

I was on the planning committee for the WCC last year (this year too). I didn't deal directly with the finances (Jeff Bowlsby has all the details). I will gladly share what I know.

The entry fee should cover all the known expenses. Remember, we have no bank account or reserves to fall back on. We are also a non-profit club, so if there is anything left over we should donate the money to charity.

Do you want to give everyone a shirt with their registration or sell them? Are any meals going to be included? What about trophys for a car show or some other competition? Printing of maps and an information packet is not free. Is there an entry fee to any of the parks on the tours?

Sponsor donations are used for 'extras'. Maybe they could host a BBQ or lunch. They could give parts or other items for raffle prizes. They could sponsor the shirts and have their logo included. Ask Sean, he got a lot of good stuff donated for the FFC. Look to the usual suspects who sell things in the resources and parts area and hit them up for donations.
+Quote Post
BMartin914
post May 2 2005, 06:43 PM
Post #66

|||

Member No.: 2,128
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

This topic should be nailed (Gint, I'm looking at you) seeing as how a good number of us are planning on going - and to build interest. Whaddaya think???
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 2 2005, 09:07 PM
Post #67

Mike Ginter

Group: Admin
Member No.: 20

QUOTE (BMartin914 @ May 2 2005, 06:43 PM)
This topic should be nailed (Gint, I'm looking at you) seeing as how a good number of us are planning on going - and to build interest. Whaddaya think???

I'm not gettin that this thing is rock solid yet. Let's get some feedback from Eric, Joe and Brant and whoever else (I didn't read back through the entire thread) is planning this before we nail it. Brant told me Sunday that he sent off email and was waiting to hear from his co-conspirators. Bump it in the morning.

This post has been edited by Gint: May 2 2005, 09:09 PM
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 2 2005, 09:19 PM
Post #68

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110

I already replied to "Racecarboy"... schedule is done. Maybe Joe and I can meet in Moab to finalize hotel and restaurants.
+Quote Post
Rusty
post May 2 2005, 09:25 PM
Post #69

Wanted: Engine case GA003709

Member No.: 6
Region Association: Galt's Gulch

I might be able to attend, depending on the dates.

Hey Gint... maybe a planning forum would be in order, if this is to come to fruition.
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 2 2005, 09:28 PM
Post #70

Mike Ginter

QUOTE (Lawrence @ May 2 2005, 09:25 PM)
I might be able to attend, depending on the dates.

Hey Gint... maybe a planning forum would be in order, if this is to come to fruition.

Works for me...

But I'd prefer to wait until tomorrow evening if that's OK with the powers that be. I'm on call tonight (only) and multi-tasking. And the paycheck is getting priority.
+Quote Post
TravisNeff
post May 2 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #71

914 Guru

Member No.: 447
Region Association: Southwest Region

I'm in if I can get the time off!
+Quote Post
brant
post May 3 2005, 09:07 AM
Post #72

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47

QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ May 2 2005, 08:19 PM)
I already replied to "Racecarboy"... schedule is done. Maybe Joe and I can meet in Moab to finalize hotel and restaurants.

Eric,

how do you feel about a new thread being started and locked?

basically a cut and paste of your rough itinerary (without the final hotel location yet)

?
brant
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 3 2005, 09:23 AM
Post #73

Mike Ginter

QUOTE (brant @ May 3 2005, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ May 2 2005, 08:19 PM)
I already replied to "Racecarboy"... schedule is done.  Maybe Joe and I can meet in Moab to finalize hotel and restaurants.

Eric,

how do you feel about a new thread being started and locked?

basically a cut and paste of your rough itinerary (without the final hotel location yet)

?
brant

Suggestion if I may.

If we do a pinned thread (not a locked thread), you can put those details in the first post of the thread and then edit that first post with details as they change, are confirmed, etc... That way folks can comment, provide feedback or suggestions, let you know they're coming and do on, but the details remain in the first post.

And Rusty suggested we start a planning forum for the organisers of the event (you, Joe, Eric, and whomever elsae is required) so you guys have an area outside of the main forum to post planning details and such.

"Racerboy" Kinda has a ring to it dontchya think? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Ferg
post May 3 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #74

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

I'd like to help with the planning, so somebody pm me and let me know what I can do.

Ferg. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/mueba.gif)
+Quote Post
Gint
post May 3 2005, 09:33 AM
Post #75

Mike Ginter

QUOTE (Ferg @ May 3 2005, 09:24 AM)
I'd  like to help with the planning, so somebody pm me and let me know what I can do.  

Ferg.  :mueba:

Stay tuned... Planning forum will most liekly be put in place this evening. I'll PM the planners with the password and you guys can give the remaining planning volunteers or others access as necessary.

If Brant is "Racerboy" what are we gonna come up with for you Ferg? (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/confused24.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/cool.gif)
+Quote Post
TROJANMAN
post May 3 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #76

Looks nice in pictures.........

Member No.: 1,753

hey gint,
i'd like to help with sponsors. or whatever task you think you might want to assign me. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/type.gif)
+Quote Post
StratPlayer
post May 3 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #77

StratPlayer

Member No.: 27

I'm going to put a notice up in Ed Andrews shop, a lot of teerners get their work done in this shop that don't belong to the club. Might be a great way to show off all the 914's that are around here. So when the dates are set and so forth I will be posting some flyers around the Salt Lake Valley about the event. If there is anything that I can do to help out please let me know. This will be fun. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/boldblue.gif)
+Quote Post
Eric_Shea
post May 3 2005, 11:01 AM
Post #78

PMB Performance

Member No.: 1,110

I'm in favor of a new thread that's pinned. I can paste the rough IT that I sent to both Brant and Joe. I can PM it to Gint and he could start the thread with that. There's only 2 major things we need to get finalized and the rest is "all in the details" (which will be the hardest part).

We need:

1. A host hotel. I lost my IRPCA contacts of the hotel that offered discounted rates to the local club.

2. Various Restaurants and eateries (2 dinners and a lunch)

If anyone can help with those areas it would be great. I don't see having the time to get to Moab in the next few weeks.

E.
+Quote Post
VegasRacer
post Jun 28 2005, 01:34 PM
Post #79

ELVIRA

Is there still enough interest to make this event happen. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/unsure.gif)
The dates we were working with are Sept 23, 24, 25.
Most of the planning work has been done.
Help is still needed to wrap up the details.

Please post here if you would like to help with the Red Rock Classic.
I also need to get a better count of who thinks they might attend.
+Quote Post
tat2dphreak
post Jun 28 2005, 01:41 PM
Post #80

stoya, stoya, stoya

Member No.: 792
Region Association: Southwest Region

I doubt I can make this AND MUSR... I wish I could though (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/sad.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 10:54 AM