Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: 1974 914 1.8 project - original FI - $2000
PorscheNut924
post Jul 9 2014, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,271
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

UPDATE: Price dropped because I need to get this car sold. I'm taking offers. If it doesn't sell I will start parting it out. This is a good project or parts car. I'm moving soon and can't keep working on it.

It used to run, with the fuel pump wired directly to the battery. It sat for five months and now it just doesn't want to start. It turns over wonderfully, and fires up with starter fluid. I'm sure it's something simple but I just don't know where to start. I'm pretty close to just parting it out. If you want to rescue it, now is the time.

The car is an Alaska Blue 1974 1.8 with 111k miles. Has the original fuel injection, no carbs! It has some floorpan rust at the back of the cabin, but the firewall is pretty good aside from the very bottom edge. I have a replacement driver's rear floorpan section for it, and the passenger side doesn't look too hard to patch up with sheet metal. Typical hell hole rust, and the battery tray is AWOL. I jacked it up right behind the passenger door and the door gap stayed pretty much the same. I have the contact info of a local (Vancouver WA) guy who I'm told does really good metalwork for a good price.

It has all new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, contact points, air filter, a new battery, several new seals, and more. Windshield is broken...I got an original used one and then found out it has two tiny cracks so I haven't had it installed. I have a set of original steel wheels that came with it, which I can have sandblasted and powdercoated black at the place where I work. The original steering wheel is broken in one spot, still useable. I have a leather Dino wheel and adapter hub that I could sell separately.

Needs interior stuff and paint and a windshield and more. It has almost a thousand dollars of new and good used parts that I just put on it.

Asking $2,000 OBO, or possibly a trade. I'm near Portland, OR. You can message me, or email porschenut924@gmail.com, or text me at 360-949-6782.

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net-17271-1404934137.1.jpg)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
PorscheNut924
post Aug 29 2014, 12:44 PM
Post #2

Update: New asking price (please feel free to make offers), and I'm definitely trying to sell it now. Got too much going on these days to keep working on it.

If there's little interest in it whole, I will start parting it out. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
etcmss
post Aug 30 2014, 08:03 AM
Post #3

etcmss

Member No.: 5,899
Region Association: Upper MidWest

pm sent
+Quote Post
PorscheNut924
post Sep 8 2014, 10:12 PM
Post #4

Post updated. I'm hoping to at least get my money back selling it whole because I know I can easily get far more if I part it out. But I'd rather see it go to someone who will rescue it.

I have a friend with a truck who can haul it to your house if you're not too far away and don't have a truck or trailer. I can pay him if the car sells for enough, or you could pay him--he's pretty reasonable compared to commercial towing.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:02 AM