Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

12 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914 Cup Proposed Rules and Classes! now is the, time to make suggestions&modifications!
Demick
post Jan 24 2005, 10:38 AM
Post #121

Ernie made me do it!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 257

One scoring recommendation:

Since different participants will be on completely different schedules, it might make sense to have the standings based on average points, rather than total points. With total points, the people who have run the most events will be in the lead all season long, even if their score isn't as high. With average points, it should keep the standings more interesting during the season. Everyone will see how they stand no matter if they have run 5 events or 2 events to date.

But I agree that for season final standings, you pick the top 6 events for each person. At that point, whether you average the points or total the points won't matter - the results will be the same.

Demick
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Jan 24 2005, 11:13 AM
Post #122

on a Sonoma diet now...

Group: Members
Member No.: 39

QUOTE (Demick @ Jan 24 2005, 10:31 AM)
I think it is good to get everyones feedback like this, but don't get too caught up in trying to appease everyone.  The bottom line is, there is no possible way to make this a 'fair' competition.  

It doesn't matter how complicated or simple the rules are, there will always be cars that have an advantage, and ones that are disadvantaged.  There is no way around that.  

The most important thing that everyone realize, is that this is a FUN competition, not a FAIR competition.  

Well... I think there is wisdom in what Demick has posted.

It appears that the sliding scale may present at least as many issues as it resolves, so let's at least keep it simple.

As I mentioned earlier, the sliding scale would only work against me, so as far as my participation goes, personally, I have no problem with the rules as they presently stand.
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jan 24 2005, 11:29 AM
Post #123

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I'm glad others have added some input on large fields vs small. I didn't want to start a big flap over that, but noted that there were some "modifiers" for the smaller grids, and wondered about the larger ones.

I agree with what others have said- keep it simple. This race within a race will be pretty cool, and will also never be fair to everyone. Unless we become like some clubs and have 1 class for each driver, (or so it seems) so everyone gets a CPT (cheep plastic trophy) at the end of the year, we'll never please everyone.

That being said, I to would go with whatever our "event master" decides regarding grid size and and adjustment factors.

I would also agree w/Demick on the average scoring during the season to keep the points totals more easily compared between drivers, and using the top 4,5,6 (or whatever the event master decides on) events for the end of the season totals.

2 more ?'s for the event master- have my points been changed from 255 to 225 on the semi-official list of entrants, and, can I run 2 cars in 2 different classes for the cup?

I like the idea of 914CUP stickers, or windshield banners.

Great idea, this cup thing. Thanks!
+Quote Post
Jenny
post Jan 24 2005, 11:54 AM
Post #124

Advanced Member

Member No.: 96
Region Association: None

I'll play. But I'll need someone to class my car for me. And I'll need a running car. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/wacko.gif)

I'm signed up for an AX school next month, so watch out guys!!

Jen
+Quote Post
Dman
post Jan 24 2005, 12:03 PM
Post #125

Member No.: 311

I'm in! Looks like I have some breathing room in improved class at 205 (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jan 24 2005, 12:07 PM
Post #126

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

What are the points for 23 X 9.5 X 15 slicks?

And F/G rocker panels worth 10 each?
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 24 2005, 12:12 PM
Post #127

Member Emeritus

Member No.: 478

QUOTE (ottox914 @ Jan 24 2005, 09:29 AM)
can I run 2 cars in 2 different classes for the cup?

yup. you can. just submit two entries.

thanks paul for tallying things up so people can see where things stand.

other paul: thanks for adding some "custom" points to your rig -- you should definitely be in S-Mod.

demick: thanks for your concern, and for your advice. believe me, i'm going to strive to make this thing as autonomous as possible once it gets off the ground. i will not guarente immediate updates to mid-season rankings, but i can manage weekly or so.

the rules re. field size as they exist on page one will stand. thanks for the concensus.

re. mid season standings based on an average: thought about this. i'd like mid-season scores to show the average of the competitor's 6 best submissions (or their raw average until they get more than 6 submission), as well as other bits of info...

i won't be arranging decals, tshirts, etc., but i like the idea. someone else needs to take charge of this if they want it. talk to sean. i'd be in for a decal!

your benevolent dictator, n
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 24 2005, 12:25 PM
Post #128

Member Emeritus

QUOTE (Randal @ Jan 24 2005, 10:07 AM)

What are the points for 23 X 9.5 X 15 slicks?

see link on an earlier page -- i believe that a 9.5 should be about a 235-245, but do double check this...

And F/G rocker panels worth 10 each?

technically, yeah. sorry -- it's really crude but i wasn't about to set different points for different panels.

Jenny-Dman, awesome!
+Quote Post
Randal
post Jan 24 2005, 12:51 PM
Post #129

Advanced Member

Member No.: 750

As it currently sits:

435 points, assuming the default number, i.e., 150 points for slicks.

Super Modified.

Randal
+Quote Post
Joe Ricard
post Jan 24 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #130

CUMONIWANNARACEU

Member No.: 92

Guess I better play too I figured 230 points for the yellow car.
+Quote Post
Joseph Mills
post Jan 24 2005, 01:11 PM
Post #131

on a Sonoma diet now...

Member No.: 39

Paul,
The next time you update, can you add 15 points for my non-stock tranny gear, which will give me a total of 300? Thanks.

Nathan,
Thanks for your efforts and level headedness.
+Quote Post
ottox914
post Jan 24 2005, 02:25 PM
Post #132

The glory that once was.

Member No.: 1,438
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE (ottox914 @ Jan 24 2005, 09:29 AM)
can I run 2 cars in 2 different classes for the cup?

yup. you can. just submit two entries.

Consider this 2 entries, until such time as the "official" entry forms are ready:

225 pts for car #1 -improved.
490 pts for car #2 -S mod.

List meister, please update.

thank you-

David Parsons, aka "ottox914"
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Jan 24 2005, 02:49 PM
Post #133

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

I'm in, assuming I can play. I live in Sasktchewan, Canada, and we have no PCA or SCCA events anywhere near here. The only local group that runs autox is called the Queen City Motorsports Association (QCMA). We use the Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA) rules. I'm hoping that this won't be a problem, but let me know.

Looks like I'm in the stock class with +60 points right now, although that may change in the spring with some new tires.

BTW, good work Nathan. This sounds like it will be a load of fun. Is trash talking permited? Cause it's no fun to compete against your friends if there is no trash talking! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
jdogg
post Jan 24 2005, 03:01 PM
Post #134

Member No.: 204

I would say trash talking is REQUIRED, haha! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 24 2005, 03:11 PM
Post #135

Member Emeritus

QUOTE (mike_the_man @ Jan 24 2005, 12:49 PM)
I'm in, assuming I can play. I live in Sasktchewan, Canada, and we have no PCA or SCCA events anywhere near here. The only local group that runs autox is called the Queen City Motorsports Association (QCMA). We use the Western Canada Motorsport Association (WCMA) rules. I'm hoping that this won't be a problem, but let me know.

You're In!

it's international now!!!

and yes, trash talking is a requirement (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/flipa.gif) (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/aktion035.gif) !
+Quote Post
mike_the_man
post Jan 24 2005, 04:03 PM
Post #136

I like stuff!

Member No.: 809

Sweet! Despite the fact that I've only driven my teener about 5 times, I'm still pretty sure I'm gonna kick everybody's ass! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/rolleyes.gif) Ya never know, it could happen! (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Jan 24 2005, 05:24 PM
Post #137

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

I won't do enough (maybe none) autox's to play.
but I roughly added my points and end up around 390 or 395...

wow.. thats not too fair considering Joe's cool car (914RS) has a 3.6 with carbon fiber body work..

and I have all metal body work with only a 2.0L

hmmmm....
+Quote Post
nebreitling
post Jan 24 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #138

Member Emeritus

QUOTE (brant @ Jan 24 2005, 03:24 PM)
wow.. thats not too fair considering Joe's cool car (914RS) has a 3.6 with carbon fiber body work..

and it may not be. but 914RS should have at least 40-50 points in body work that you don't have, and at least another 50 points in engine that you don't have.

i'm looking over paul's list of the competitors, and for the cars that i'm familiar with, i think they're ranked pretty fairly. except maybe trekkor's car -- i think it needs more points (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif) . and demick needs more points, but that's just cause he drives wicked fast, not because of his car.

so, if you end up AXing this year, just be really, really, really fast. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
brant
post Jan 24 2005, 06:08 PM
Post #139

914 Wizard

Member No.: 47
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

QUOTE (nebreitling @ Jan 24 2005, 05:03 PM)

and it may not be. but 914RS should have at least 40-50 points in body work that you don't have, and at least another 50 points in engine that you don't have.

i'm looking over paul's list of the competitors, and for the cars that i'm familiar with, i think they're ranked pretty fairly. except maybe trekkor's car -- i think it needs more points (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/happy11.gif) . and demick needs more points, but that's just cause he drives wicked fast, not because of his car.

so, if you end up AXing this year, just be really, really, really fast. (IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/beer3.gif)

Part of my dilema was those body panels.
I gave myself points for "lightening" because its true that I lightened my doors, bumpers, and rear trunk...

but my panels are still all metal and my fenders are not GT's... (versus carbon fiber and flares)

I'm not trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill...
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jan 24 2005, 06:09 PM
Post #140

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

yupp, i'm in the same boat.
like nine14cats fully raceprepped chassis with a warmed up 3.6 ...

as long as the actual points do matter and not just the class you belong too ...
we'll see how this works out.
(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/html/emoticons/idea.gif) Andy
+Quote Post

12 Pages V « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 03:23 AM