Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FS: Black 1970 914/6, eBay
gcrotvik
post Sep 16 2014, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191331913833?_trks...IT#ht_70wt_1026

Not completely stock. 2 L center console, adjustable passenger seat, 75/76 carpet, late rear valance, non-stock mirrors, rounded edge rear bumper +
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
two914-6s
post Sep 16 2014, 01:28 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,846
Region Association: None

looks pretty clean
+Quote Post
davep
post Sep 16 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #3

914 Historian

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,244
Region Association: Canada

VIN 9140431733
Asking $80K
+Quote Post
mettelman
post Sep 16 2014, 01:55 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 15,132
Region Association: Upper MidWest

he posted a very nice video, too
vimeo.com/106082820
+Quote Post
Hawk
post Sep 16 2014, 03:10 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 57

Many 6s of late in the $60-80K asking/selling range depending on originality, preservation, upgrade etc.

Using Hagerty's condition scheme, how would you classify this car? #2 or #3? Given non-original elements and repaint?

Condition Ratings
#1 vehicles in Hagerty Price Guide are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best car, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the car has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 cars is "concours."

#2 cars could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 cars that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and interior will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine compartment. The vehicle will drive as a new car of its era would. The one word description for #2 cars is "excellent."

#3 cars could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 car, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior. #3 cars drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These cars are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a Hagerty Price Guide #3.

#4 cars are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the fender has a minor dent. The interior could have split seams or a cracked dash. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or the interior might not be stock. A #4 car can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a Hagerty Price Guide #4 car.
+Quote Post
malcolm2
post Sep 16 2014, 03:15 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,139
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 16 2014, 01:48 PM) *

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191331913833?_trks...IT#ht_70wt_1026

Not completely stock. 2 L center console, adjustable passenger seat, 75/76 carpet, late rear valance, non-stock mirrors, rounded edge rear bumper +

I noticed a few of those too. He will need to get a pretty penny for this car with all the marketing he has done. Beautiful car for sure. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
patrick3000
post Sep 16 2014, 04:32 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 6,468

QUOTE(Hawk @ Sep 16 2014, 05:10 PM) *

Many 6s of late in the $60-80K asking/selling range depending on originality, preservation, upgrade etc.

Using Hagerty's condition scheme, how would you classify this car? #2 or #3? Given non-original elements and repaint?

Condition Ratings
#1 vehicles in Hagerty Price Guide are the best in the world. The visual image is of the best car, in the right colors, driving onto the lawn at the finest concours. Perfectly clean, the car has been groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for #1 cars is "concours."

#2 cars could win a local or regional show. They can be former #1 cars that have been driven or have aged. Seasoned observers will have to look closely for flaws, but will be able to find some not seen by the general public. The paint, chrome, glass and interior will all appear as excellent. No excessive smoke will be seen on startup, no unusual noises will emanate from the engine compartment. The vehicle will drive as a new car of its era would. The one word description for #2 cars is "excellent."

#3 cars could possess some, but not all of the issues of a #4 car, but they will be balanced by other factors such as a fresh paint job or a new, correct interior. #3 cars drive and run well, but might have some incorrect parts. These cars are not used for daily transportation but are ready for a long tour without excuses, and the casual passerby will not find any visual flaws. "Good" is the one word description of a Hagerty Price Guide #3.

#4 cars are daily drivers, with flaws visible to the naked eye. The chrome might have pitting or scratches, the windshield might be chipped. Paintwork is imperfect, and perhaps the fender has a minor dent. The interior could have split seams or a cracked dash. No major parts are missing, but the wheels could differ from the originals, or the interior might not be stock. A #4 car can also be a deteriorated restoration. "Fair" is the one word that describes a Hagerty Price Guide #4 car.

Number 3
+Quote Post
gcrotvik
post Sep 16 2014, 04:41 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 11,134
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Yes, 3 by definition but maybe somewhere in between 2 an 3. 2.5?
+Quote Post
rgalla9146
post Sep 16 2014, 06:46 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Member No.: 5,176

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Sep 16 2014, 06:41 PM) *

Yes, 3 by definition but maybe somewhere in between 2 an 3. 2.5?

Uh, how about the cottage cheese passenger front wheel house ?.....painted flat black.

+Quote Post
Hawk
post Sep 16 2014, 08:20 PM
Post #10

Oops just viewed the video. Wrong rear bumper and valance. Falling rapidly in originality class. Let's see what the market says its worth.
+Quote Post
rwjames
post Sep 16 2014, 08:21 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 6,136
Region Association: South East States

I am in the Louisville/Prospect area for a few days if a serious buyer wants me to take a quick look at it. I have seen this car many years ago.

I would take $80K for my 1970 Tangerine 2 time Parade class & division winning car. Window sticker, tool kit, factory spare parts kit, binder full of records included.......Any takers? I will be standing by waiting for the offers to begin rolling in.
+Quote Post
geshaghi
post Sep 16 2014, 08:42 PM
Post #12

Porsche Addict

Member No.: 12,480
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(rwjames @ Sep 16 2014, 07:21 PM) *

I would take $80K for my 1970 Tangerine 2 time Parade class & division winning car. Window sticker, tool kit, factory spare parts kit, binder full of records included.......Any takers? I will be standing by waiting for the offers to begin rolling in.

I may have a buyer for your car if you're serious....
+Quote Post
Hawk
post Sep 17 2014, 03:31 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(geshaghi @ Sep 16 2014, 10:42 PM) *

QUOTE(rwjames @ Sep 16 2014, 07:21 PM) *

I may have a buyer for your car if you're serious....

Sir, in this market and based on priors, your fine car if a #1 condition is likely worth over $100,000. Hold it, it's money appreciating.
+Quote Post
toolguy
post Sep 17 2014, 07:53 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 12,889

Black was not a 1970 color. . wonder what it really was/
This is a #3 at best considering all the non originality. .
+Quote Post
sbsix
post Sep 17 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #15

only the lead dog enjoys a change in scenery...

Member No.: 13,990

If I remember correctly, black was an option on '70 914-6s. I've known a couple of original black '70 sixes over the years.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Sep 17 2014, 01:34 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hmmm! Don't see where it says it is a matching number original engine and trans, did I miss it somewhere?
+Quote Post
lostreasure
post Sep 17 2014, 02:19 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 16,048

The front trunk compartment?/ looks like undercoat or a dull primer-this car is far from a original professional restoration-be careful
+Quote Post
Gustl
post Sep 17 2014, 03:07 PM
Post #18

914 enthusiast & historian

Member No.: 2,212
Region Association: Austria

QUOTE(sbsix @ Sep 17 2014, 05:25 PM) *

If I remember correctly, black was an option on '70 914-6s. I've known a couple of original black '70 sixes over the years.

black was neither in the standard colour nor in the special colour program for MY'70
but, of course, you could get black - as every other colour - at higher additional cost as "paint from sample"
+Quote Post
mskala
post Sep 17 2014, 03:50 PM
Post #19

R

Member No.: 79

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 17 2014, 03:34 PM) *

Hmmm! Don't see where it says it is a matching number original engine and trans, did I miss it somewhere?

Look at the red peaking through on the fan shroud. Maybe still original
engine, but that's not correct. Also, all the original airbox and equipment
being missing seems bad (and will be expensive to get) for a car in the
class he seems to be targeting.

This is a very nice 914, but it doesn't seem like any area of the car was
'restored' to be super original. So, I can't imagine any of the guys looking
at other 80K cars seeing this even close to equal.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Sep 17 2014, 08:04 PM
Post #20

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

The flat black wheelhouse has lots of dents from someone hammering out a kink from a frontal crash. Those should have been bumped out and finished properly. It can be done but it takes a shit load of time and two guys working together for most of it.

Black flag mirrors... not sure about those. Some guys like em.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:33 AM