Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuchs wheel question, I'd like to go from 16-15"
jeff
post Oct 21 2014, 10:16 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,570

Hi, I have a set of 16x6 &7" fuchs I'd like to replace those with 15x7 & 8" and weld on GT flares; I have brakes off of a 1989 911.. Will the 15" wheels clear the brake calipers? Will I need spacers for to correct the offset? Are the 15" significantly more expensive? I'm not sure what my 6&7s are worth? I here the tires are more difficult to find but I'm ok with "R" compound...
Thanks for the help..
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Oct 21 2014, 10:25 AM
Post #2

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

The brakes should fit fine. Wheel offset should be fine as well, but what is the risk? You can get wheel spacers easily. Wheel value will depend on condition.
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 21 2014, 11:06 AM
Post #3

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Why going smaller? Do you have the 15's already? If not just find a pair of 16x8 & us the 7s you have up front. I personally love the look of the 16 over the 15s. plus you'll have an easier time finding tires in the 16. When it come to tires over 225 in width. The selection is more limited in the 15". I run 16x8 on all 4 corners with my gt flares.

I did try to run 15x7 cookies & they wouldn't work with my 911 front end. The bottom of the front strut assembly just rubbed the rim. Passenger side was fine but really close like 1/8" close. Drivers side scrapped the wheel. Brakes were fine

I do happen to have some 16x8 should you decide to go that route. Shoot me a pm
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:36 PM