Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My weekend plans, ruined, Vendors hate me
paxton
post Oct 24 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,865
Region Association: South East States

I was planning to get my tank back in and get the car running this weekend. I had the tank lined, and I got a pump, filter, lines, etc. etc. etc. I had to order a couple of things from vendors here.

Vendor 1: I ordered brake lines from one company last weekend. I never heard anything. I called them today with the order number to check on it. "Uh, we can ship that today." I asked for my PayPal payment back. They said they would refund it, but they haven't yet. I'm certain I'll be calling them again. If they can lose my order, they can forget to refund my money.

Vendor 2: I ordered a 5 piece fuel line. I got 4 pieces.

Perfect.

I'm all for vendors succeeding, but hey, if I send you my money, you should work hard to get it right.

Oh well.

Rant mode off.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
partwerks
post Oct 24 2014, 10:19 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 6,787

If they don't correct the mistakes after giving them a reasonable chance, then I would be giving paypal, or credit card a call.
+Quote Post
ChrisFoley
post Oct 25 2014, 05:21 AM
Post #3

I am Tangerine Racing

Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

QUOTE(paxton @ Oct 24 2014, 10:14 PM) *

I was planning to get my tank back in and get the car running this weekend. I had the tank lined, and I got a pump, filter, lines, etc. etc. etc. I had to order a couple of things from vendors here.

Vendor 1: I ordered brake lines from one company last weekend. I never heard anything. I called them today with the order number to check on it. "Uh, we can ship that today." I asked for my PayPal payment back. They said they would refund it, but they haven't yet. I'm certain I'll be calling them again. If they can lose my order, they can forget to refund my money.

Vendor 2: I ordered a 5 piece fuel line. I got 4 pieces.

Perfect.

I'm all for vendors succeeding, but hey, if I send you my money, you should work hard to get it right.

Oh well.

Rant mode off.

Usually the 5th piece is in a box with hoses or in a bag with the invoice and instructions.
I rushed to meet your request of speedy delivery for a weekend install so I might have made a mistake.
Expedited shipping is a big challenge due to my shipping department being understaffed right now.
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Oct 25 2014, 07:32 AM
Post #4

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Chris is a standup guy with a terrific company. You are in good hands with him.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 25 2014, 08:00 AM
Post #5

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Best thing about weekends, There will be another one next weekend.
+Quote Post
ben*james
post Oct 25 2014, 08:04 AM
Post #6

LIFER

Member No.: 10,062
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I've ordered from Chris and they came through perfectly. Bummer though when life gets in th way of our plans.

I recently got my front bumper rechromed and it came in a week after it was supposed to. So my scheduled Porsche love-in with an out of town guest had me feeling like I was exposing my private parts ( bumperless and all ). Oh well.

Second the rant mode off.
+Quote Post
Hank914
post Oct 25 2014, 08:18 AM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,215

I hate when another weekend goes by because of no items to install.

I try and pester them to send ASAP and priority. I even got a ebayer to ship before he got paid and he did. That made my weekend.

I think sunshine is a great disinfectant. Publicize the good and the bad ones.

Garold got me the motor mount outer brackets when I needed them one weekend a while back. Funny how a tiny little part can mess up a big install if it is the one missing part. And mess up plans for the other helpers who could only travel 100 miles to help me on that particular weekend.
+Quote Post
SLITS
post Oct 25 2014, 09:08 AM
Post #8

"This Utah shit is HARSH!"

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 1,696

The best laid plans of mice and men ...............................
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Oct 25 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #9

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496

I really hate these out of context bash threads. 99% of the member/vendors here are good people.

How about trying to resolve the issue before posting for the world to see? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

At least you did not call them out by name, not that it matters much.

We have all had plans to fix something and end up missing a piece. Adapt and overcome, work on something else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
ThePaintedMan
post Oct 25 2014, 10:10 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 13,527

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 25 2014, 11:46 AM) *

We have all had plans to fix something and end up missing a piece. Adapt and overcome, work on something else. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

In the end the blame is mostly on ourselves for not planning better, but instead we put the honus on the supplier to meet our shipping demands, which really isn't fair.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Oct 25 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #11

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Oct 25 2014, 08:46 AM) *

I really hate these out of context bash threads. 99% of the member/vendors here are good people.

How about trying to resolve the issue before posting for the world to see? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif)

At least you did not call them out by name, not that it matters much.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
altitude411
post Oct 25 2014, 10:43 AM
Post #12

I drove my 6 into a tree

Member No.: 17,932
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/WTF.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) better planning is required, not bitchin on public forms unless there is a real issue...

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
paxton
post Oct 25 2014, 10:50 AM
Post #13

I came here to vent, not point fingers. In fact, the subtitle "vendors hate me" was intended to bring a little levity to the situation. I didn't name names because that's not important. After waiting for stuff to arrive, planets to align, and the wife to let me, I was hopeful.

The vendors involved were recommended to me. So they have a good reputation. This does not tarnish that. Things will work out. They always do.

Meanwhile... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

+Quote Post
914Next
post Oct 25 2014, 10:58 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 17,695
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(paxton @ Oct 25 2014, 12:50 PM) *

I came here to vent, not point fingers. In fact, the subtitle "vendors hate me" was intended to bring a little levity to the situation. I didn't name names because that's not important. After waiting for stuff to arrive, planets to align, and the wife to let me, I was hopeful.

The vendors involved were recommended to me. So they have a good reputation. This does not tarnish that. Things will work out. They always do.

Meanwhile... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Nice response. Appreciate that you took the comments, kept perspective and rose above it all. While I agree with some of the comments, they themselves were of somewhat the same ilk as those they were commenting on. Its all good.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 25 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #15

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Now you can understand my saying under my name

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif)
+Quote Post
wndsnd
post Oct 25 2014, 12:29 PM
Post #16

You wanted a horse, but got a goat. Nobody wants a goat....

Member No.: 14,124
Region Association: North East States

Vendors are not perfect, 99% of the time they do a great job.

I have made more mistakes and ordered parts incorrectly through the restoration process than all the vendors that supported me did.

The problem I found was with Paypal, not the vendors. Paypal is great at taking money out of your account, not so great in gettting it back in there. I purchased a product and made a mistake. I cancelled before shipping. The vendor gave immediate credit. Paypal showed the money back in the Paypal account. (But, they actually had a hold on it but showed it as there.)
I started making other purchases, only to have Paypal skip over the money in their account and hitting my checking account. I was not prepared for this and had checks out for bills against it that started to bounce.

Paypal held that money for something like 7-10 days all said and done. I got stuck covering bounced checks and fees while they waited for the vendor credit to process! I call BS. If they can take it out overnight, they can put it back in overnight.

I am not the only one around that is fed up with Paypal. I only use them now if I have no other payment method available to me.

Vent against the institutions that suck it out of you. We could not restore these cars without our great vendors and the support we get from them and other world members.

John

+Quote Post
somd914
post Oct 25 2014, 02:11 PM
Post #17

Member No.: 12,741
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Got to love first world problems...

Agree it is frustrating when vendors make mistakes, but it is more frustrating when I thought I knew what I needed, ordered parts, dug into fixing the issue, then got educated on what was really needed.

But hey, there's plenty of cold beer in the fridge and plenty of friends to share it with - always a silver lining if you look... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Oct 25 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #18

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(wndsnd @ Oct 25 2014, 02:29 PM) *

Vendors are not perfect, 99% of the time they do a great job.

I have made more mistakes and ordered parts incorrectly through the restoration process than all the vendors that supported me did.

The problem I found was with Paypal, not the vendors. Paypal is great at taking money out of your account, not so great in gettting it back in there. I purchased a product and made a mistake. I cancelled before shipping. The vendor gave immediate credit. Paypal showed the money back in the Paypal account. (But, they actually had a hold on it but showed it as there.)
I started making other purchases, only to have Paypal skip over the money in their account and hitting my checking account. I was not prepared for this and had checks out for bills against it that started to bounce.

Paypal held that money for something like 7-10 days all said and done. I got stuck covering bounced checks and fees while they waited for the vendor credit to process! I call BS. If they can take it out overnight, they can put it back in overnight.

I am not the only one around that is fed up with Paypal. I only use them now if I have no other payment method available to me.

Vent against the institutions that suck it out of you. We could not restore these cars without our great vendors and the support we get from them and other world members.

John

I wonder if PayPal has the same federal oversight as a traditional bank. They do seem to make all the rules in their favor.
+Quote Post
Larmo63
post Oct 25 2014, 02:37 PM
Post #19

Advanced Member

Member No.: 17,068
Region Association: Southern California

At least you have a car in your garage. My "mechanic" has had my car for 3 1/2 weeks. After THREE sets of HEs, my heads are so effed up that he volunteered to pay to rebuild new ones. That said, he bought 2.0 heads and so my car sat while he sent mine to the machine shop. I wanted to drive to the G & R swap to prove that I actually own a 914. (even though it is a work in progress) I'm not holding my breath that it will be done today even though I gave a "cash" incentive.

I thought having a good running 1.7 while I finish the 2056 was a good idea…...
+Quote Post
paxton
post Nov 4 2014, 09:10 AM
Post #20

As of yesterday, everything was settled/refunded/shipped.

So this weekend... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:35 AM