Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!
2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> **SOLD**71 914-6 conversion or....., SOLD for $7500!!
tadink
post Nov 17 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,181
Region Association: Northern California

UPDATE 3-13-15 - Car has been sold pending payments. Engine going to one of our own in SoCal, Chassis going to Las Vegas where a 2.7L engine is waiting for it! The highest and best purpose for this car at this point, I think!! Thanks all - only took 6,400 page views to get sold!! (Is that a record??) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

UPDATE 2-27-15 - Car is back up and available as my most recent buyer had to drop out due to personal reasons, not related to this car!! I continue to get offers on the drive train (which is a sweet package, gotta say!) but I'd rather sell this complete, or drop in a -6cyl and ship the 2.0L to my engine buyer in SoCal. His details are contained in this thread - and if you are looking for a solid chassis, he wants this engine badly!! Doing some paint work and beautification on the panels - will post up some new pix in a bit - the better this gets the higher the price, just sayin! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

UPDATE 2-14-15 - My engine buyer for the 2.0L is eager, and so I've been investigating doing either the -6cyl Porsche or a SUBY turbo upgrade to the power plant. Or I'd just sell the tub and you can build it from there - - - or we can agree on your goals and do this together. Bottom line - this is a sweet ride that has everything done to it that you would do for a serious HP increase....let's discuss?? td

UPDATE 1-16-15 I have a well sorted 1971 914 that has a 2.0L 4-cyl in it now - the engine has sold and I'm going to be dropping in a -6cyl Porsche engine. When completed, this will be a $30k+ car.....I'll manage the project and we'll build this to our agreed upon specifications. I have a line on a good 2.7L engine, but there are lots of options. If you have always wanted a 914-6, but don't have time to do the build yourself, this is an excellent opportunity. $12k due now, $8k when the build is completed. Let's talk! td

HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS BUILD:
-new brakes all around
-cross drilled rotors
-new master cylinder
-stainless brake lines
-stainless fuel tubes thru the tunnel
-4 new fuel injectors - nearly unobtanium!
-turbo tie rods
-front sway bar
-rear sway bar
-carbon fiber front hood
-f'glass rear hood
-f'glass GT flares
-916 f'glass front and rear bumpers
-harness bar
-race harnesses
-side shift trans - no issues
-drilled for 5 lug, 5x130
-17" 10 spoke wheels w/ conti pro contact tires - 50% tread left
-momo short shifter
-new shift bushings / linkage
-13.5" wheel

I'm putting the interior back in the car now - and doing some little upgrades along the way! Price will go up to reflect....

ORIGINAL AD BELOW -

Purchased from McMark (Original Customs, Sonoma, CA) who has performed a bunch of the work on this -

Race prepped, street legal 914 with an upgraded 2.0L Fuel Injected engine. Built with autocross and the big track in mind, considerable care and thought have gone into making this street legal race car safe and servicable. Used as a daily driver, the build sheet includes: cross drilled rotors, 5 lug hubs, all new brake calipers, brake lines and master cylinder, stainless steel fuel lines thru the tunnel, new fuel lines in engine bay, all new 2.0L injectors, new air filter.

In racing - every 10lbs or weight reduced is the equivalent of an increase of 1 bhp and so, this car has been on a major diet! Fiberglass front and rear 916 bumpers, f'glass rear deck lid with aggressive ducktail / spoiler. GT engine bay lid (delete sheet metal, open up the air flow, reduce weight). Carbon fibre front hood = huge weight savings!! Fiberglass GT fender flares all around - cut away sheet metal beneath for ease of access, weight reduction. Front flares are riveted onto the tub, rears are quick release Dzus connectors for easy access. Eliminated front hood springs, Engine lid torsion bars, rear hood torsion bars - have NASCAR hood brackets for front and rear but have not installed yet. Estimated weight savings ~300 lbs.

Running KYB gas struts in front (new, 1 yr old) and KYB shocks with oversized springs in the rear. Have stock springs and Bilsteins that will be included in spare parts. Front and rear sway bars. Turbo Tie-rods. The steering is tight!! Recently updated the bushings in the shift linkage - awesome upgrade - to the side shift trans.

The 1971 tub is a lighter tub than later model years, and this is a relatively rust-free example. The major rust areas are fine (hell hole, longitudes, front trunk 'firewall') but there is some surface rust in the front trunk floor and the rear trunk floor has some holes (lighter!). Rear trunk floor is an easy fix.

Engine is from a 1976 2.0L that was wrapped around a tree. Smog stuff removed, fuel injection system intact and it is an awesome engine! Pulls strong - no smoke, no leaks. This is paired with a 1973 side shift trans - also in excellent shape. Synchro's all excellent, smooth shifting. Sitting atop 17" 'ten spoke" Porsche wheels with center caps. The 10-spoke wheel is the lightest wheel ever offered by Porsche, tires are sticky Continental Conti-ProContacts with good tread remaining. 255/40 in the rear, 205/50 on the front. I have a spare set of 16" wheels and tires available as well.

Spares consist of 2.0L EMPI(? will verify) exhaust (has 1.7/1.8 heat exchangers and 1.8L monza on it now), metal front hood, metal front bumper, bilstein rear shocks and stock springs, center console gauge panel w/ gauges, tach, speedo, MOMO wheel (need early hub), spare early stock steering hub, orange vinyl, carbon fibre vinyl, various bits and pieces.

This is a great starting place for a full track conversion, or a devastating auto-cross / daily driver (mechanicals are there already!). email tadink <at> yahoo.com for more info - or PM me here!

Email for more pix - whatever you want! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
tadink
post Nov 19 2014, 09:21 AM
Post #2

<>
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Nov 20 2014, 03:22 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

wheels look great!
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
tadink
post Nov 23 2014, 12:25 PM
Post #4

<>
+Quote Post
tadink
post Nov 25 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #5

<>
+Quote Post
tadink
post Dec 2 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #6

<>
+Quote Post
tadink
post Dec 6 2014, 05:57 PM
Post #7

<>
+Quote Post
falconfp2001
post Dec 8 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #8

Pancho Pantera

Member No.: 12,456
Region Association: Southwest Region

I hate you for putting this up for sale now......when I definitely have no budget and will never get a chance like this again...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
tadink
post Dec 9 2014, 11:52 AM
Post #9

LOL - yah, sorry about the timing!! I really hate to put this up for sale after spending so long getting her to where she is - but I've got one tooooo many P-cars in the herd right now and 'she who must be obeyed' wants one less! sigh. Makes a great Christmas present for someone!! TD
+Quote Post
FourBlades
post Dec 9 2014, 07:58 PM
Post #10

From Wreck to Rockin

Member No.: 8,414
Region Association: South East States

This is a killer deal...if I did not have 3 already. :-)

John
+Quote Post
falconfp2001
post Dec 9 2014, 11:09 PM
Post #11

Pancho Pantera

Member No.: 12,456
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(tadink @ Dec 9 2014, 10:52 AM) *

LOL - yah, sorry about the timing!! I really hate to put this up for sale after spending so long getting her to where she is - but I've got one tooooo many P-cars in the herd right now and 'she who must be obeyed' wants one less! sigh. Makes a great Christmas present for someone!! TD

I'm thinking payment program.............(NOT FEASIBLE YOU IDIOT).........maybe not
+Quote Post
tadink
post Dec 17 2014, 03:25 PM
Post #12

<>
+Quote Post
type47fan
post Dec 29 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #13

It Looks Better In Person. . .

Member No.: 1,170
Region Association: Southern California

Serious conversation started today with Tom for engine only.

Cheers!
+Quote Post
type47fan
post Dec 29 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #14

It Looks Better In Person. . .

Member No.: 1,170
Region Association: Southern California

-duplicate post-
+Quote Post
tadink
post Jan 2 2015, 02:02 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(type47fan @ Dec 29 2014, 09:38 PM) *

Serious conversation started today with Tom for engine only.

Cheers!

HI WAYNE - ITS YOURS, PENDING PAYMENT IF I CAN SELL THE TUB!! - Let's discuss.....

thanks

tom
+Quote Post
tadink
post Jan 5 2015, 10:43 AM
Post #16

<>
+Quote Post
tadink
post Jan 10 2015, 08:10 PM
Post #17

Putting the interior back in - and doing some paint touch-up in the trunks - I'll post up some new pix when I'm done -

UPDATED PIX AFTER SOME WORK ON SUNDAY - TOUCHED UP THE TRUNKS WITH SOME MATCHING PAINT, ADDED THE DOOR PANEL, RE-INSTALLED SOME OF THE CARPETS INTO THE INTERIOR - ALSO REUPHOLSTERED THE DOOR PANEL TOPS, NOW THE ARE LOOKING REAL GOOD! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
tadink
post Jan 14 2015, 06:56 PM
Post #18

UPDATE -

some more new pix after some work over the weekend on the car - I reupholstered both door panel tops, installed the door panels, put the carpets back in, and touched up the trunks with tangerine paint.....looks awesome now!!

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
tadink
post Jan 20 2015, 09:17 AM
Post #19

<>
+Quote Post
tadink
post Feb 14 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #20

Bump to the top - This car is seriously for sale and no reasonable offer will be refused.

Lots of options here - take the roller for $5k, take it with the 2.0L for $7500, let's build a higher HP for ???

thx

td
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:36 AM