Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The next G & R Riverside 914 swap meet, NEW LOCATION 10000 INDIANA AVE UNIT 9, RIVERSIDE
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2015, 11:33 AM
Post #1

bdstone914

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,319

I was made aware that some people were still thinking that the swap was still at the original location. It is being held at a new location at my shop at 10000 Indiana Ave, Riverside.

After many discussions with my landlord I have come to an agreement regarding the hosting of the next Riverside swap meet.

Date: Sunday, July 12 2015, 6AM -until all of you leave.

Where : My shop and parking lot area at 10000 Indiana Ave Unit #9, Riverside CA 92053

https://www.google.com/search?q=10000+india...-8&oe=utf-8

Located off of Indiana Ave between Tyler and Jackson. Will post a map for those who are directionally and Google search challenged.
My shop is in the second building back from Indiana facing away from the street. There are usually many red and yellow signs for the neighboring BBQ Island shop called Gillian's Islands. If you can't find with those directions you should probably sell your 914 and start riding the bus.

I am trying to keep the G & R swap meet tradition going as a not for profit swap meet. Have had many discussions with the landlord who believes that a special insurance permit is needed for the one day event. If I do have to get a special permit I will request a $10 per seller donation to help offset the added cost.

Food: While a BBQ has long been the tradition of the swap meet my ultra conservative landlord feels having an open flame gas BBQ is far too great of a liability. Was not able to convince her that I can and have operated far more dangerous equipment than a gas BBQ. She seems to think there is damage potential the solid concrete wall building by having an open flame BBQ. Seems to think that dangerous job could only be entrusted to a seasoned professional.

Food options I am considering are catered tacos with three kinds of meats, rice and beans or pre-made sub sandwiches with side salad and chips. Opinions welcome. Cost for tacos is $5-7 per person depending on the amount of people served. 50 people will be a flat fee of $400 and 100 people will be $550. Two types of soda included in the price. Subs and sides will run about the same.

In in effort to accomodate Elliot's vegetarion choice we will offer vegetarion tacos also known as tortillas warmed up in pure lard or if we go with sub sandwiches will have vegetarion subs also known as buns. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Water and soft drinks will be available with either food option used.
We will have donuts in the AM. Will see if I can round up enough coffee makers to have coffee available. If you want to grab you own there is a Jack in the Box and a Carl's Junior just south of the 91 on La Sierra Ave which is one mile away from the shop.

Knowing Ron's long time surpressed desire to be a concours judge I appoint him honorary Courcours Marshall. He will be armed with white gloves, Q -tips, and a clipboard and entrusted with task of finding all non original parts and admonishing the owner appropriately. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Swap spaces will be in the striped parking spaces adjacent to the shop. E-Z ups are recommended as the weather will likely be hot in mid July. Parking spaces park as "Desa Auto Sales" are off limits. The curb stops have sings on them and could be damaged by some careless parking. Yeah I know. We have about 20 car spaces available along the North- South wall. Car parking will be between the first and second (10000 building). Few other businesses are open on Sunday so parking should not be an issue.

The landlord explicitly stated that no alcohol can be served. I had no intention for serving anyone so if you want a beer bring your own and be discrete. I have indoor air conditioned offices were you are welcome to hang out and down a brew while admiring my collection of too many shiny parts and wonder why anyone in their right mind would end up with so many 914 parts.

Other rules per landlord. No pets. Clean up your swap space. You can leave unwanted parts in my shop or we have dumpsters available for disposal.

Please reply to this thread to keep it bumped and to give me an idea as to the number of people who are may to attend. Pass the word to those who may not frequent this forum or any 914 owner you know.

I will also be posting Craigslist ads with a similar announcement and will request that others help post in same info in the LA, San Diego and surrounding areas.

Please reply to this thread to keep it bumped and to give me an idea as to the number of people who are may to attend.

I can be reached by cell at 951 536 seven four seven eight.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
banananose914
post Jun 14 2015, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 16,681
Region Association: None

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 14 2015, 10:33 AM) *

After many discussions with my landlord I have come to an agreement regarding the hosting of the next Riverside swap meet.

Date: Sunday, July 12 2015, 6AM -until all of you leave.

Where : My shop and parking lot area at 10000 Indiana Ave Unit #9, Riverside CA 92053

https://www.google.com/search?q=10000+india...-8&oe=utf-8

Located off of Indiana Ave between Tyler and Jackson. Will post a map for those who are directionally and Google search challenged.
My shop is in the second building back from Indiana facing away from the street. There are usually many red and yellow signs for the neighboring BBQ Island shop called Gillian's Islands. If you can't find with those directions you should probably sell your 914 and start riding the bus.

I am trying to keep the G & R swap meet tradition going as a not for profit swap meet. Have had many discussions with the landlord who believes that a special insurance permit is needed for the one day event. If I do have to get a special permit I will request a $10 per seller donation to help offset the added cost.

Food: While a BBQ has long been the tradition of the swap meet my ultra conservative landlord feels having an open flame gas BBQ is far too great of a liability. Was not able to convince her that I can and have operated far more dangerous equipment than a gas BBQ. She seems to think there is damage potential the solid concrete wall building by having an open flame BBQ. Seems to think that dangerous job could only be entrusted to a seasoned professional.

Food options I am considering are catered tacos with three kinds of meats, rice and beans or pre-made sub sandwiches with side salad and chips. Opinions welcome. Cost for tacos is $5-7 per person depending on the amount of people served. 50 people will be a flat fee of $400 and 100 people will be $550. Two types of soda included in the price. Subs and sides will run about the same.

In in effort to accomodate Elliot's vegetarion choice we will offer vegetarion tacos also known as tortillas warmed up in pure lard or if we go with sub sandwiches will have vegetarion subs also known as buns. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)

Water and soft drinks will be available with either food option used.
We will have donuts in the AM. Will see if I can round up enough coffee makers to have coffee available. If you want to grab you own there is a Jack in the Box and a Carl's Junior just south of the 91 on La Sierra Ave which is one mile away from the shop.

Knowing Ron's long time surpressed desire to be a concours judge I appoint him honorary Courcours Marshall. He will be armed with white gloves, Q -tips, and a clipboard and entrusted with task of finding all non original parts and admonishing the owner appropriately. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chair.gif)

Swap spaces will be in the striped parking spaces adjacent to the shop. E-Z ups are recommended as the weather will likely be hot in mid July. Parking spaces park as "Desa Auto Sales" are off limits. The curb stops have sings on them and could be damaged by some careless parking. Yeah I know. We have about 20 car spaces available along the North- South wall. Car parking will be between the first and second (10000 building). Few other businesses are open on Sunday so parking should not be an issue.

The landlord explicitly stated that no alcohol can be served. I had no intention for serving anyone so if you want a beer bring your own and be discrete. I have indoor air conditioned offices were you are welcome to hang out and down a brew while admiring my collection of too many shiny parts and wonder why anyone in their right mind would end up with so many 914 parts.

Other rules per landlord. No pets. Clean up your swap space. You can leave unwanted parts in my shop or we have dumpsters available for disposal.

Please reply to this thread to keep it bumped and to give me an idea as to the number of people who are may to attend. Pass the word to those who may not frequent this forum or any 914 owner you know.

I will also be posting Craigslist ads with a similar announcement and will request that others help post in same info in the LA, San Diego and surrounding areas.

Please reply to this thread to keep it bumped and to give me an idea as to the number of people who are may to attend.

I can be reached by cell at 951 536 seven four seven eight.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

+Quote Post
banananose914
post Jun 14 2015, 11:56 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 16,681

Damnit! I was looking forward to this, but it appears my commander/wife has other ideas. None of which include me going to your swap meet. I guess I'll continue to collect parts and money for next year. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive Bruce. I'll have to get your landlord's contact information to thank her as well. Jim
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jun 14 2015, 12:01 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 12,023
Region Association: Southern California

Marked on the calendar.
Will be there with a few parts.
Thank you Bruce (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2015, 12:17 PM
Post #5

bdstone914

QUOTE(banananose914 @ Jun 14 2015, 10:56 AM) *

Damnit! I was looking forward to this, but it appears my commander/wife has other ideas. None of which include me going to your swap meet. I guess I'll continue to collect parts and money for next year. Thanks for keeping the tradition alive Bruce. I'll have to get your landlord's contact information to thank her as well. Jim

Sorry you can't make it.
I will be hosting another early Fall it this this one works out. Hoping this date works for most people with summer vacations etc.

Bruce
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Jun 14 2015, 12:28 PM
Post #6

914 Guru

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 7,407

This is great news. I'll be looking forward to this event as I have in the past. Luckily, I don't need much for the car and don't have any parts to sell but for me, the best part of the G&R was just hanging out with other 914 friends. If you need something for your car and can't find it at the swap meet, I'm sure Bruce will have it at his shop. Bruce has spent some effort and time to keep this event going. Let's all try to make it there and show our support.
If you need something specific or you have something to sell, make an announcement on this thread (or start a new one) and let everyone know what you need or have to sell. Maybe we should invite Bruce's land lord to the event and she can see what a great group of people we are and we will be able to thank her personally. We could probably hide SLITS somewhere till she leaves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
See you all there, Elliot
+Quote Post
forrestkhaag
post Jun 14 2015, 01:11 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 17,273
Region Association: Southwest Region

See you there Bruce! Glad to see both the concours in Dana Pt and your G&R event next month. I am good for the 10.00 fee but do not have enough parts to need a slot. It will be worth it to see all of the 914ers.

Forrest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2015, 01:13 PM
Post #8

bdstone914

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jun 14 2015, 11:28 AM) *

This is great news. I'll be looking forward to this event as I have in the past. Luckily, I don't need much for the car and don't have any parts to sell but for me, the best part of the G&R was just hanging out with other 914 friends. If you need something for your car and can't find it at the swap meet, I'm sure Bruce will have it at his shop. Bruce has spent some effort and time to keep this event going. Let's all try to make it there and show our support.
If you need something specific or you have something to sell, make an announcement on this thread (or start a new one) and let everyone know what you need or have to sell. Maybe we should invite Bruce's land lord to the event and she can see what a great group of people we are and we will be able to thank her personally. We could probably hide SLITS somewhere till she leaves. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
See you all there, Elliot

Will be good to see you Elliot. My land lord is a very nice and very Austrian elderly lady. Love her but she drives me nuts with her overly cautious attitude.
Fortunately she is not around on Sundays but wanted to be sure all the conditions would be met. I have never nor do I know a 914 owner to bend the rules.
As one of my Army drill instructors taught me " it ain't wrong unless you get caught"

+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2015, 01:14 PM
Post #9

bdstone914

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 14 2015, 12:11 PM) *

See you there Bruce! Glad to see both the concours in Dana Pt and your G&R event next month. I am good for the 10.00 fee but do not have enough parts to need a slot. It will be worth it to see all of the 914ers.

Forrest

The Dana point event is today. Looks like you might be a little late.

+Quote Post
oldschool
post Jun 14 2015, 01:22 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 9,705

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Very cool Bruce...with my crazy TV shooting schedule I will try to make it.
Also should we change the T-shirt design to a taco man? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
colingreene
post Jun 14 2015, 01:49 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 16,526

Jamie, yes you should.
+Quote Post
Steve
post Jun 14 2015, 02:00 PM
Post #12

914 Guru

Member No.: 822

Isn't July 14th a Tuesday?
+Quote Post
bcheney
post Jun 14 2015, 02:10 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 1,348
Region Association: South East States

Darn...just a little early...I am traveling to California on a two week vacation beginning around 7/21...Would have been cool to hang with all you left coasters!
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #14

bdstone914

QUOTE(oldschool @ Jun 14 2015, 12:22 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) Very cool Bruce...with my crazy TV shooting schedule I will try to make it.
Also should we change the T-shirt design to a taco man? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

How about a shirt with Ron in a walker yelling "KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF-A MY PARTS ?

Thought about calling it the BS swap meet as those are my initials. Call it what ever you want. Not for sure it will be tacos. Waiting for opinions as subs may be more preferred on a hot day.

Bruce
+Quote Post
bdstone914
post Jun 14 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #15

bdstone914

QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 14 2015, 01:00 PM) *

Isn't July 14th a Tuesday?

oops, yes it is. Was looking at June. Corrected to the 12th. Second Sunday.
+Quote Post
Montreal914
post Jun 14 2015, 07:17 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 12,023

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 14 2015, 12:14 PM) *

QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Jun 14 2015, 12:11 PM) *

Forrest

The Dana point event is today. Looks like you might be a little late.

I think he was referring to the Annual 356 Reunion on July 25-27. Always a great event with many more than just 356s...

Attached Image
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Jun 14 2015, 07:24 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

Thanks Bruce,

I will be there.

Jeez...we need to get our own space somehow......almost like making out at your parents house or something....rules.....
+Quote Post
curtis
post Jun 14 2015, 08:29 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 2,206

This is good news and thanks Bruce for doing this! I will let Hirschel know the date and time.
+Quote Post
Robert21
post Jun 14 2015, 10:52 PM
Post #19

ron21

Member No.: 2,330

Always have have a good time . will bring all the parts I didn't sell last time . Hope we get a good turn out .

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Jun 15 2015, 01:26 PM
Post #20

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181

Dang! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Same day as the LA Concours & Porsches + Planes at the Santa Monica Museum of Flight & I am committed to judge there!

...and NO, white gloves are NOT allowed for PCA judges & Q-tips are for competitors' cleaning only! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Hopefully the Fall one won't fall on a date when I'm either committed or out of town.

Thanx for picking up this tradition Bruce. We were just discussing when & where G&R might continue at the OC PCA Concours on Sunday!

At least now Bruce won't need to load & unload 2x all his parts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)

Cheers! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
Tom
///////
+Quote Post

7 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 04:34 AM