Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OT-Need help to identify (4) 914 Porsche Wheels., Garage Sale purchase, 15"dia x 5.5" wide Brand??
TJB/914
post Sep 10 2015, 04:23 PM
Post #1

Mid-Engn.

Group: Members
Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Need help to identify today's garage sale purchase of (4) Porsche aftermarket Wheels 15" dia. x 5.5" wide. I think "Pannasport" wheel (I think??) They feel a little heavy, but a bargain price at a few Starbucks coffee cup price. The guy didn't know anything except it came off a 914 many years ago. Also a brand new oil cooler 13" x 6.5" wide along with a 1970 Porsche 914 Owner's Manual.
I've been trying to downsize, but these cheap garage sale items are like (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) a disease (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) Will go in the classifieds next month.

BTW: I dropped off the (4) wheels off at my powder coat buddy's placed to make them look pretty in light Sparkel Silver. I'll sell them later when they come back from the powder coater.

Now help. what wheels did I purchase??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Sep 10 2015, 04:36 PM
Post #2

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Likely Empi if the seem heavy. See alot of these on VW bugs. Could bug offset.
+Quote Post
DBCooper
post Sep 10 2015, 05:10 PM
Post #3

14's in the 13's with ATTITUDE

Member No.: 2,618
Region Association: Northern California

Empi eight spokes (or American, a copy). Those are the Rennenmetal.com tow bracket instructions and a generic transmission cooler (can also be oil).

+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Sep 10 2015, 05:59 PM
Post #4

Mid-Engn.

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 10 2015, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Sep 10 2015, 07:10 PM) *

Empi eight spokes (or American, a copy). Those are the Rennenmetal.com tow bracket instructions and a generic transmission cooler (can also be oil).

Thanks guys, I'll check the offset to determine if it's 914 or V/W Bug. The cooler is probably a transmission cooler, but will it work to cool oil on a 914 & what's the $-value.

Tom
+Quote Post
bandjoey
post Sep 10 2015, 06:31 PM
Post #5

bandjoey

Member No.: 8,156
Region Association: Southwest Region

VW. I had those wheels and it's either pull the fenders or sell them on TheSamba for a profit.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Sep 10 2015, 08:06 PM
Post #6

Mid-Engn.

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Sep 10 2015, 07:59 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Sep 10 2015, 06:36 PM) *

QUOTE(DBCooper @ Sep 10 2015, 07:10 PM) *

Thanks guys, I'll check the offset to determine if it's 914 or V/W Bug. The cooler is probably a transmission cooler, but will it work to cool oil on a 914 & what's the $-value.

Tom

Here's a photo of the back side, does this help to identity Empi or American??
Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
zambezi
post Sep 10 2015, 09:21 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 8,920
Region Association: South East States

American eagle alloys. The 90's to modern day copy of the original empi 8 spoke.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Sep 28 2015, 05:14 PM
Post #8

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Even if they are for a VW Bug, they'll work fine with stock 165's (even 175's without rolling the fender lips). They'll just sit further out from the hubs.

I put some Riken 195/65-15's on a set and they rubbed the L/R fender on my wife's 71 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... so just sold them.

Measure the back-spacing to determine if they'll fit a 914 with wider tires.
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Sep 28 2015, 07:00 PM
Post #9

Mid-Engn.

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 28 2015, 07:14 PM) *

Even if they are for a VW Bug, they'll work fine with stock 165's (even 175's without rolling the fender lips). They'll just sit further out from the hubs.

I put some Riken 195/65-15's on a set and they rubbed the L/R fender on my wife's 71 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ... so just sold them.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
They are at the powder coater's and I should have them back in 1-2 weeks in "Sparkle Porsche Silver" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) They will be FS after I check the back-spacing for you 914 guys.
Price??? determined after I get the powder coat price. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) but priced cheap to move quick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Photo's will be posted.
Tom
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Oct 7 2015, 12:30 PM
Post #10

Mid-Engn.

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Sep 28 2015, 09:00 PM) *

QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 28 2015, 07:14 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
They are at the powder coater's and I should have them back in 1-2 weeks in "Sparkle Porsche Silver" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) They will be FS after I check the back-spacing for you 914 guys.
Price??? determined after I get the powder coat price. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) but priced cheap to move quick. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) Photo's will be posted.
Tom

Teaser post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif)

Fred just called me from his Powder Coating shop <www.exoticcoatings.com> and said come pick up your (4) 8-spoke American Eagle wheels coated in "Sparkle Porsche Silver" next week.

Fred said normal PC price's are $85.00 per wheel, but I get a buddy discount. Next week I have to decide 914-World or Samba VW guys??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

I love going to Fred's shop viewing all that rare auto stuff. Fresh paint & Powder Coat 914 parts is like drinking a cold beer. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Tom

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:18 AM