Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Found one sitting, where do I add the VIN# to database???
76-914
post Dec 1 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #1

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,964
Region Association: Southern California

4742908101 Appears to be a non running 914 but not for too long. Found in Temecula, CA

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 1 2015, 10:15 AM
Post #2

Attached Image
+Quote Post
AZ914
post Dec 1 2015, 11:00 AM
Post #3

914 Dumbass

Member No.: 98
Region Association: Southwest Region

Hey Kent,
Click the '914 Info' link on the top right of your screen. From there you click 'members vins', then can add a VIN.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Dec 1 2015, 12:23 PM
Post #4

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

Added it to the database ...

Thanks!
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 1 2015, 12:32 PM
Post #5

Oops. I saw that Jason but thought it was only for our personal teeners. Thanks Andy. I left a note to see if it was for sale so l'll let prospective buyers know the outcome. Kent
+Quote Post
Cairo94507
post Dec 1 2015, 01:44 PM
Post #6

Michael

Member No.: 9,712
Region Association: Northern California

Looks like a decent car to begin with.
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 1 2015, 03:12 PM
Post #7

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

California buyers are spoiled (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Dec 1 2015, 08:53 PM
Post #8

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 1 2015, 11:32 AM) *

Oops. I saw that Jason but thought it was only for our personal teeners. Thanks Andy. I left a note to see if it was for sale so l'll let prospective buyers know the outcome. Kent

I just have to say this.

You walked onto some strangers property, snooped around and took pics of their car including the vin, posted it on the internet, all in the hopes the stranger that wasn't home could be talked into selling his known recently running driving good condition car to somebody else on the internet?

Not cool dude.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Dec 1 2015, 09:14 PM
Post #9

Surf Guru

Member No.: 15,191

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
JRust
post Dec 1 2015, 09:32 PM
Post #10

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 1 2015, 06:53 PM) *

I just have to say this.

You walked onto some strangers property, snooped around and took pics of their car including the vin, posted it on the internet, all in the hopes the stranger that wasn't home could be talked into selling his known recently running driving good condition car to somebody else on the internet?

Not cool dude.

It's totally fine. My 914 get's looked at no matter where it is. Plus people take pictures. The Vin is info available to anyone who looks at your car. There is nothing wrong with adding the Vin to the 914 database. Just let's us know how many are out there. Nothing sneaky about it. I've left my car on many 914's. Just to see if to see if they want to meet up. Talk cars or get them onto 914world. Nothing malicious in any of it. They call if they want or they stay in there little bubble. I'm not offended either way
+Quote Post
whitetwinturbo
post Dec 1 2015, 10:46 PM
Post #11

Honey, does this wing make my ass look fat?

Member No.: 13,704

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Dec 1 2015, 11:03 PM
Post #12

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

Slow it down, dude, posting a VIN on the internet is not like posting a social security number. Your car's VIN doesn't have credit associated with it, and it can't really be stolen for any gain, unless it is a highly sought after car. This one is not. The car was parked right off the sidewalk, not really too deep on public land. If it were my car, I would take no offense to this post.
+Quote Post
sb914
post Dec 1 2015, 11:17 PM
Post #13

Surf Guru

QUOTE(bigkensteele @ Dec 1 2015, 09:03 PM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

Slow it down, dude, posting a VIN on the internet is not like posting a social security number. Your car's VIN doesn't have credit associated with it, and it can't really be stolen for any gain, unless it is a highly sought after car. This one is not. The car was parked right off the sidewalk, not really too deep on public land. If it were my car, I would take no offense to this post.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 2 2015, 05:24 AM
Post #14

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871

I'm about as security conscious as any; however, I always get a kick out of those who cover their license plates or worry about VIN's.

Every day you drive your car your license plate is viewed by untold numbers of people and captured on multiple security cameras, etc.

Your VIN is easily viewed any time you park your car.

That being said, I would be upset if someone walked up on my property. We Southerner's are very protective of property rights....must be something that came about from carpetbaggers and scallywags (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Dec 2 2015, 08:36 AM
Post #15

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 2 2015, 03:24 AM) *

I'm about as security conscious as any; however, I always get a kick out of those who cover their license plates or worry about VIN's.

Every day you drive your car your license plate is viewed by untold numbers of people and captured on multiple security cameras, etc.

Your VIN is easily viewed any time you park your car.

That being said, I would be upset if someone walked up on my property. We Southerner's are very protective of property rights....must be something that came about from carpetbaggers and scallywags (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif)

It used to be in California...not a carpetbagger state...that you could find where someone lived by their license plate. The DMV changed that when a stalker found out where a famous actress lived and then shot her.

So I have some trepidation about posting my license plate.

Your address is also seen from the street and many people can see it, but very few including myself post
it here.
+Quote Post
76-914
post Dec 2 2015, 09:06 AM
Post #16

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

I'm not into cool; just 914's and folks who drive 'em. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Dec 2 2015, 05:41 PM
Post #17

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:06 AM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

I'm not into cool; just 914's and folks who drive 'em. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

REALLY?

You guys have no regard for private property or privacy?

This isn't a 914 in the wild in a parking lot. This is trespassing and blatant disregard for the owner's right to be left alone.

Kent didn't say he left a World/Rennlist/Club/Pelican invitation b-card. He did say he left HIS card asking if it was for sale, but not for himself, but to advertise the car here on a whim one of us might go after it. All ASSUMING the unseen owner MIGHT want to sell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

I sure as hell wouldn't want some self centered complete stranger trying to sell my no-indication-its-for-sale car on the internet without out my knowledge or permission.

Lastly, Kent, after all the help I gave you with your A/C questions... back at you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
sb914
post Dec 2 2015, 06:28 PM
Post #18

Surf Guru

QUOTE(Chris914n6 @ Dec 2 2015, 03:41 PM) *

QUOTE(76-914 @ Dec 2 2015, 08:06 AM) *

I just have to say this.

Not cool dude.

REALLY?

You guys have no regard for private property or privacy?

This isn't a 914 in the wild in a parking lot. This is trespassing and blatant disregard for the owner's right to be left alone.

Kent didn't say he left a World/Rennlist/Club/Pelican invitation b-card. He did say he left HIS card asking if it was for sale, but not for himself, but to advertise the car here on a whim one of us might go after it. All ASSUMING the unseen owner MIGHT want to sell. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif)

I sure as hell wouldn't want some self centered complete stranger trying to sell my no-indication-its-for-sale car on the internet without out my knowledge or permission.

Lastly, Kent, after all the help I gave you with your A/C questions... back at you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) wow dude!
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Dec 2 2015, 10:15 PM
Post #19

Resident Electrician

Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

I love this websiite! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

IBTL
+Quote Post
walterolin
post Dec 2 2015, 11:16 PM
Post #20

Member No.: 13,838

QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Dec 2 2015, 11:15 PM) *

I love this websiite! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)

IBTL

Best comment on this thread.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 11:37 PM