Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ot value of 66 912
mb911
post Apr 2 2016, 07:16 PM
Post #1

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I have been eying up a 66 912 that has been converted to impact bumpers with a whale tail.. And looks like a beetle engine from the pictures.. Car is rough but not as bad as my 914 lol.. What's it worth?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 2 2016, 07:22 PM
Post #2

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

$10-12k maybe from your description. Rust and damage dependent. Maybe, possibly, sort of.
And if you pass, let me know.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Apr 2 2016, 07:25 PM
Post #3

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Every time someone put a whale tail on an swb car, a puppy died.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
mb911
post Apr 2 2016, 07:27 PM
Post #4

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,892
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Thats kind of what I was thinking.. I should call the guy and go look at it..
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Apr 2 2016, 10:09 PM
Post #5

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

The bumpers will be fiberglass and it will cost a fair bit to put it back right.

The beetle engine, no power but it goes down the highway just fine. My buddy built a targa for his 2 high school kids to drive to school, 80 mile round trip for 4 years no problem.
+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 2 2016, 11:01 PM
Post #6

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I jrecently sold my '67 912 with a 5-speed trans, but no motor. Decent interior (nice dash top, gauges and face, seats (driver's seat needed pleat seams re-sewn), carpet and rubber mats, original hockey-puck horn ring steering wheel, uncut door panels and non-cracked dash), good Bilsteins, 14" Fuchs with fairly new Pirelli P6 185 tires.

It needed the front suspension replaced and a section of the passenger side steering rack tunnel and small section of the footwell/floor. I also recommended to the buyer to install a new master cylinder and rebuild the calipers.

Paint was OK, but it had some surface rust in a few of the usual places (buyer will be stripping down to the original Bahama Yellow, or possibly metal).

I was asking $15k and sold it for $14k. because the 16-YO kid who bought it impressed us with his knowledge of Porsches, and his dedication to the restoration process he professed and the support his dad showed. The young lad, his dad and their mechanic all thought it was a great deal.

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
matthepcat
post Apr 2 2016, 11:27 PM
Post #7

Meat Popsicle

Member No.: 11,125
Region Association: Northern California

^^ nice ^^ that is a good deal in this market.
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Apr 3 2016, 12:40 AM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(euro911 @ Apr 3 2016, 06:01 PM) *

I jrecently sold my '67 912 with a 5-speed trans, but no motor. Decent interior (nice dash top, gauges and face, seats (driver's seat needed pleat seams re-sewn), carpet and rubber mats, original hockey-puck horn ring steering wheel, uncut door panels and non-cracked dash), good Bilsteins, 14" Fuchs with fairly new Pirelli P6 185 tires.

It needed the front suspension replaced and a section of the passenger side steering rack tunnel and small section of the footwell/floor. I also recommended to the buyer to install a new master cylinder and rebuild the calipers.

Paint was OK, but it had some surface rust in a few of the usual places (buyer will be stripping down to the original Bahama Yellow, or possibly metal).

I was asking $15k and sold it for $14k. because the 16-YO kid who bought it impressed us with his knowledge of Porsches, and his dedication to the restoration process he professed and the support his dad showed. The young lad, his dad and their mechanic all thought it was a great deal.

Attached Image

wow too cheap that's a 18-20K car,bet the buyer was happy,even with the with the issues you stated,the value of 912's has hit the roof cause really easy to fit a six unlike the 914 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) .

Attached Image

+Quote Post
euro911
post Apr 3 2016, 01:52 AM
Post #9

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

I bought the car in 2000 for $3,500., rebuilt the carbs, did some oil changes and tune ups, and drove it for 6000 miles over a three year period.

I sold the [blown] motor for $1,500., so I felt it was priced accordingly for a quick sale (as a roller), even considering the repairs needed.

Hey, $12k profit to invest in the other cars? ... I'm good with that, and it made a nice kid (who reminded me of me at his age) happier than shit to boot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

He keeps in touch to let us know how his progress is coming along.
+Quote Post
Unobtanium-inc
post Apr 3 2016, 06:07 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 7,276
Region Association: None

People did some really awful stuff in the 80s, like this one, full metal slantnose, Sparco seats, hell, it even had unicorns etched in the glass, but it was a matching #s 73 911S. I was very excited when the guy described the car on the phone, horrified when he opened the garage, but still bought it.
It got restored, but gawd was it hard to look at.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:55 AM