Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Current Draw for Lights and Accessories at Idle, Measurements taken on my car today
euro911
post Oct 26 2016, 05:57 PM
Post #21

Retired & living the dream. God help me if I wake up!

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,300
Region Association: Southern California

Good info, Brad. I recently picked up a 75A alternator for the 'BB', and purchased one of Pete's 160A alternator kits for the '71.

I also purchased Spoke's LED tail light assemblies and have Timothy's LED gauges for the '71 too.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
pbanders
post Oct 26 2016, 09:09 PM
Post #22

Group: Members
Member No.: 805

I've got one more idle stability thing I'm working on. All D-Jet 914's have retarded timing at idle to lower emissions. It also lowers torque, too. I don't want to get rid of the retard completely, but I think if you shim the retard stop in the vacuum cell with the right thickness of stock, you can improve idle torque significantly and still retain good emissions to pass the tailpipe test. The improved torque should cut the idle droop under load significantly. Shouldn't take much like a few thousandths. Apparently, some distributors had adjustable retard vacuum stops, but the 205 series we have doesn't seem to have them. Might be possible to retrofit an adjustable cam stop to a 205 vacuum cell and get that function.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 01:55 PM