Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Porsche experience, Carson,Ca
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 03:59 PM
Post #1

Surf Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,191
Region Association: Southern California

Went to check it out today,very cool, bunch of cool cars,very tidy grounds.
One could go broke really fast here.would love to try out the track sometime!Attached Image Attached Image
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #2

Surf Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 04:00 PM
Post #3

Surf Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 04:01 PM
Post #4

Surf Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 04:02 PM
Post #5

Surf Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 04:20 PM
Post #6

Surf Guru

Attached Image
+Quote Post
Catorse
post Nov 5 2016, 04:50 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 19,106
Region Association: Southwest Region

Frigging awesome! Do you just walk in, or what? Do you need to call ahead?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
garrettlee2
post Nov 5 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #8

Member No.: 14,901
Region Association: None

Do they need my first born? How do i get in?
+Quote Post
lalee914
post Nov 5 2016, 05:04 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 15,521
Region Association: North East States

I ran the Porsche Experience in Atlanta about a month ago. It was a blast! I ran a Cayman GTS in the morning and a Panamera Hybrid in the afternoon. Both were extremely impressive.

The way it worked for me went like this: I met my instructor in the morning and we talked about expectations and driver experience for both of us for a few minutes then headed out to the Cayman. This was a PDK car and was my first experience with PDK. We did about 5 laps or so on the track around the outside then pulled into the infield. The infield is a series of demonstrations for launch control, a slalom, a kick plate and a skid pad. We ran each of them in Sport Mode, Sport Plus and driver aids off. This is a real eye opener as to the performance advantages offered by all the electronic systems in modern Porsches. Then it was back out on the track for some more laps. After about an hour and a half I was worn out.

We had lunch and a good look around the Atlanta facility then met up again for the afternoon Panamera session. The Panamera was much faster and much better than I expected. It had the Tiptronic trans which is nice but nowhere near as good as the PDK in the Cayman. I loved PDK.

If you get the chance to do this, DO IT! You won't be sorry. Its a chance to take out any of the new Porsches and run them in a way that you could never do in a test drive at your local friendly Porsche dealer. Its certainly not cheap but it is very much worth it.
+Quote Post
Rocco101
post Nov 5 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #10

Member No.: 18,193
Region Association: None

My awesome wife and daughter took me for Father's day this year.I got to drive a cayman s for about 45 minutes then switched over to a 911. You can really feel the diffrent between the two cars. The instructor said I was so good at drifting he brought me over to the special drift road course and let me tell you it was Soooo awesome to be able to throw those cars around. If you ever get a chance you should definitely go. It's like 600 bucks or so depending on the car you pick. Make sure you make a reservation we did
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 5 2016, 07:19 PM
Post #11

Surf Guru

QUOTE(Catorse @ Nov 5 2016, 03:50 PM) *

Frigging awesome! Do you just walk in, or what? Do you need to call ahead?

If you want to drive you have to call ahead. But anyone can walk right in the door it's sweet. I'm going for my bday in two months (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
sb914
post Nov 6 2016, 07:34 AM
Post #12

Surf Guru

QUOTE(sb914 @ Nov 5 2016, 02:20 PM) *

Attached Image

Attached Image
+Quote Post
clapeza
post Nov 6 2016, 12:56 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 12,677
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(lalee914 @ Nov 5 2016, 06:04 PM) *

I ran the Porsche Experience in Atlanta about a month ago. It was a blast! I ran a Cayman GTS in the morning and a Panamera Hybrid in the afternoon. Both were extremely impressive.

If you get the chance to do this, DO IT! You won't be sorry. Its a chance to take out any of the new Porsches and run them in a way that you could never do in a test drive at your local friendly Porsche dealer. Its certainly not cheap but it is very much worth it.

Did you visit the Classic Center on the ground floor? Clean and as well-lit as a surgical suite! First time I was there, there was a midnight blue Speedster next to a '72 914 1.7. Also a Euro Turbo that the owner wanted worked on, but still grimy enough to look "untouched, almost barn-find"... If you saw a red '72 911 up on the lift, it was probably mine. Terrific group of experts at that shop. They really have a passion and genuine love for Porsche.

Next to the Classic Center is the Classic Gallery, where cars waiting to go into the shop wait, or where new customers can take delivery of their newly ordered Porsche. It's an alternative to the European Delivery, where they show you everything about your car then they let you drive one exactly like yours on the Experience track, so you can see what your new beauty can do...but using their car! You have the option of driving or shipping your car home from there.
+Quote Post
CptTripps
post Nov 6 2016, 01:32 PM
Post #14

:: Punch and Pie ::

Member No.: 3,342
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I fly over the one in Atlanta every week, but never find the time to go down and check it out. Can someone give me an idea of how much it costs to go out on the track? I'd love to try the new Cayman S for an hour.
+Quote Post
clapeza
post Nov 6 2016, 02:22 PM
Post #15

Member No.: 12,677

QUOTE(CptTripps @ Nov 6 2016, 02:32 PM) *

I fly over the one in Atlanta every week, but never find the time to go down and check it out. Can someone give me an idea of how much it costs to go out on the track? I'd love to try the new Cayman S for an hour.

They don't specifically list the 718 Cayman S yet, but the price for the 718 Boxster is $300 for the base, $350 for the S, so I imagine the 718 Cayman S would be about the same. You can get 1.5 hours in the Cayman GT4 for $700, though...

https://www.porschedriving.com/porsche-expe...ing-experiences

+Quote Post
lalee914
post Nov 6 2016, 04:03 PM
Post #16

Member No.: 15,521
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(clapeza @ Nov 6 2016, 01:56 PM) *

QUOTE(lalee914 @ Nov 5 2016, 06:04 PM) *

Did you visit the Classic Center on the ground floor? Clean and as well-lit as a surgical suite! First time I was there, there was a midnight blue Speedster next to a '72 914 1.7. Also a Euro Turbo that the owner wanted worked on, but still grimy enough to look "untouched, almost barn-find"... If you saw a red '72 911 up on the lift, it was probably mine. Terrific group of experts at that shop. They really have a passion and genuine love for Porsche.

Next to the Classic Center is the Classic Gallery, where cars waiting to go into the shop wait, or where new customers can take delivery of their newly ordered Porsche. It's an alternative to the European Delivery, where they show you everything about your car then they let you drive one exactly like yours on the Experience track, so you can see what your new beauty can do...but using their car! You have the option of driving or shipping your car home from there.

I did visit the classic center and on the Wednesday that we were there it was Guards Red 911 day. All the cars in the shop were red except for one.

My wife bought a voucher at our PCA region charity auction donated by a local Porsche dealer. She gave it to me for my birthday. That covered one of the cars I drove and I paid for the other. It cost about $500 for an hour and a half on track. The $500 included insurance which limited my liability to $2K if I were to damage a car.

They had just about everything that Porsche sells available to take out. Some cost more than others. As I recall the 911 GT3 RS was close to $1K while a base Boxster was something like $350.

Not cheap but definately worth it. I would love to go again.

My instructor was very good. Very experienced, had a good feel for my abilities. I was having trouble with one turn on the track so I asked him to drive for a few laps to see how he did it and in just a few laps I saw how he did it and things felt much better when I took the wheel again.

+Quote Post
mgp4591
post Nov 6 2016, 05:36 PM
Post #17

914 Guru

Member No.: 14,748
Region Association: Intermountain Region

I dropped into the Center in Atlanta on a day they advertised on their site as being open - they weren't and the guard said "Yeah, we're trying to get that changed on the website..."
I was a little more than disappointed.
+Quote Post
pete000
post Nov 6 2016, 07:20 PM
Post #18

Member No.: 12,094

Too bad they keep their workshop in such a mess !

+Quote Post
SKL1
post Nov 6 2016, 08:36 PM
Post #19

Member No.: 12,732
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Very tempting to go over from PHX and do the "master the manual" experience sometime this winter!

A friend did the GT3 "class" in Atlanta last summer and had a blast. Would love to tour the Motorsports area, but figure you need to know somebody to get in there!
+Quote Post
sb914
post Dec 9 2016, 06:32 AM
Post #20

Surf Guru

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif) my lovely wife hooked me up! Can't wait ! Anyone local want to join me? Drive the teeners than go rip around the track!?
Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:05 AM