Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Totally OT..., large earthquake in our country
RickS
post Nov 14 2016, 10:27 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,880
Region Association: None

What a horrific disaster for you and your countrymen. One can only hope you stay safe and that critical services and are restored as quickly as possible. Our thoughts are with all of you.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Nov 15 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995
Region Association: None

QUOTE(RickS @ Nov 15 2016, 05:27 PM) *

What a horrific disaster for you and your countrymen. One can only hope you stay safe and that critical services and are restored as quickly as possible. Our thoughts are with all of you.

Again thanks all for the kind words,honestly my heart goes out to fellow New Zealanders who have lost property ,buildings and in the longterm their income,very sad,the worse effected area is almost solely dependant on tourism,with little or no roads in the outlook is very bleack for their future.
For example the most effected area is a place called Kaikoura which is a farming/fishing town,population 2000 people,the airforce are airlifting 700 stranded oversea's visitors out as we speak.
The Navy is bringing in warships to ferry local people aboard from the shore how have little left.
The government has looked @ the situation and have acted very quickly,its great cause all the BS infighting go's away and they earn their huge taxpayer funded wages (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .
I have finally had some contact from an old longtime surf buddy who lives in the area and his wife are ok,started surfing @ 15yrs old and spent many great times there surfing world class waves,holds a place in my heart for sure.
+Quote Post
914_teener
post Nov 15 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #23

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,489
Region Association: Southern California

Thoughts and prayers from California for those affected there.

We were looking at some of the ground failures there at my work today. Sobering from my downtown Los Angeles office.

+Quote Post
PlantMan
post Nov 15 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 17,352
Region Association: Southern California

The current news now is of the amateur meteorologist that predicted the quake a week before it happened.
Look-up Frankie MacDonald on YouTube. Lucky guess???

Glad you are OK!!! At least with rain, snow, tornados, hurricanes there is some type of warning!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th September 2024 - 08:35 AM