Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Classified Rules!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WTB 914 shell
MikieP4121
post Dec 8 2016, 03:07 PM
Post #1

I'm new here ...

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,031
Region Association: None

I am building a 914 and have all the parts but i need a new shell. The two shells i have will not work. I have a 1976 914 roller with no rust but that will not work for California Emissions and i have a 74 Creamsical shell that has some rust issues.. I'm going to sell both but i need a new shell. Anyone selling one? I'm trying to save on body work so i'm trying to get a rust free one as i can get.

76 roller and Creamsical soon to be on Ebay.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lexatola
post Dec 8 2016, 03:50 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 17,914
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I have a 1971 "roller" that has just finished a bare metal rotisserie restoration. I had both front and rear bumpers rechromed and new rubber tops on for each. I have a garage full of parts and I have some extras that are of pretty high value. Like a perfect set of 5 bolt fuchs, 911 suspension and all the parts including machined case, etc. to do a high end 2270 motor.

This may not be what you are looking to get into but I will tell you there is more value in what I have then it is worth. Moreover if you were to do it you would have the same issue - these cars just don't have the high values that 911s have yet restoration costs are about the same.

I have no idea on price at this point but thought I'd just reach out and let you know what I have...

QUOTE(MikieP4121 @ Dec 8 2016, 01:07 PM) *

I am building a 914 and have all the parts but i need a new shell. The two shells i have will not work. I have a 1976 914 roller with no rust but that will not work for California Emissions and i have a 74 Creamsical shell that has some rust issues.. I'm going to sell both but i need a new shell. Anyone selling one? I'm trying to save on body work so i'm trying to get a rust free one as i can get.

+Quote Post
ssuperflyoldguy
post Dec 8 2016, 05:11 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 19,364

I have this one. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/5902471491.html

I'd let it go to a 914world member for $2500 on roller riviera's
+Quote Post
Gloy62
post Dec 9 2016, 12:43 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 18,096

I have 73 that I might be willing to part with, I am in poway. It has a little rust in but easily repaired. The front fenders are dented, but it didn't matter because I was going to put flares on it. Pm if you are interested.
+Quote Post
MikieP4121
post Dec 9 2016, 11:50 AM
Post #5

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(lexatola @ Dec 8 2016, 01:50 PM) *

I have a 1971 "roller" that has just finished a bare metal rotisserie restoration. I had both front and rear bumpers rechromed and new rubber tops on for each. I have a garage full of parts and I have some extras that are of pretty high value. Like a perfect set of 5 bolt fuchs, 911 suspension and all the parts including machined case, etc. to do a high end 2270 motor.

This may not be what you are looking to get into but I will tell you there is more value in what I have then it is worth. Moreover if you were to do it you would have the same issue - these cars just don't have the high values that 911s have yet restoration costs are about the same.

I have no idea on price at this point but thought I'd just reach out and let you know what I have...

i'm definitely interested in the roller and the bumper tops! I will figure out how to MP you my phone number.

+Quote Post
MikieP4121
post Dec 9 2016, 11:59 AM
Post #6

I'm new here ...

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 8 2016, 03:11 PM) *

I'll be in Oakland next week. I'll try to come by and take a look at it.
+Quote Post
ssuperflyoldguy
post Dec 9 2016, 04:40 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 19,364

QUOTE(MikieP4121 @ Dec 9 2016, 09:59 AM) *

QUOTE(ssuperflyoldguy @ Dec 8 2016, 03:11 PM) *

I'll be in Oakland next week. I'll try to come by and take a look at it.

Plan a few hours - takes about 1-1/2hours to get out there - it's between Sac n Oakland in the Delta - Cali version of Swamp Peeps. With planning I can either go get it or take you out there - I can get out there in an hour sometimes. PM me via the CL ad & I'll give you phone #'s n addresses
+Quote Post
billh1963
post Dec 13 2016, 10:22 AM
Post #8

Car Hoarder!

Member No.: 12,871
Region Association: South East States

This is close to you.....Two "rust free" 914's
+Quote Post
Chris914n6
post Jan 9 2017, 10:30 PM
Post #9

Jackstands are my life.

Member No.: 431
Region Association: Southwest Region

Tell me about the 76.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:47 AM