Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> paypal changes
sixaddict
post Feb 25 2017, 06:10 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

I suspect everyone with an account received notice of changes....Increased fees for cross border transactions among others...I read quickly but always worry about what they are pushing (sneaking) through as their lawyers are certainly "smarter" that we are ...Just FYI
User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GregAmy
post Feb 25 2017, 08:27 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 15,565
Region Association: North East States

I wish more folks would get into Bitcoin...but it's hard to recommend because of the complexity and constant value changes...
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Feb 25 2017, 12:12 PM
Post #3

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

Within Canada I use Interac e-Transfer, no charges at all on my account.
Wish I could also use it in the US.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
+Quote Post
914werke
post Feb 26 2017, 06:13 PM
Post #4

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
Im done with Paypal. After maintaining an account in good standing for more than a decade I recently got a notice that I was required to provide "more" information, for security reasons of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)
Some research shows that this is a common practice and usually occurs after some undisclosed threshold of transactions or $'s has been crossed.
The rub was I had a few hundred bucks tied up. So I spent probably more time than was worth getting it returned, the price was the closure of the account.
Of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
No Biggie I figured until a deal came up that necessitated Paypal payment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
So I did what so many had done before me, created a NEW acct. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
All continued again as before except that this time after only a few months and far fewer transaction or $'s, boom same thing.
Looking at other services now. Anyone have any experiance with Merchant Inc?
+Quote Post
mepstein
post Feb 26 2017, 06:22 PM
Post #5

914-6 GT in waiting

Member No.: 10,825
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 26 2017, 07:13 PM) *

Im done with Paypal. After maintaining an account in good standing for more than a decade I recently got a notice that I was required to provide "more" information, for security reasons of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bs.gif)
Some research shows that this is a common practice and usually occurs after some undisclosed threshold of transactions or $'s has been crossed.
The rub was I had a few hundred bucks tied up. So I spent probably more time than was worth getting it returned, the price was the closure of the account.
No Biggie I figured until a deal came up that necessitated Paypal payment (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
So I did what so many had done before me, created a NEW acct. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
All continued again as before except that this time after only a few months and far fewer transaction or $'s, boom same thing.

I did about $100k on PayPal last year without any issues. I don't see a better solution than pp for the kind of transaction I do (used Porsche parts purchase & sales) but maybe in time something will come along.
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 26 2017, 06:35 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 13,069
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 26 2017, 04:22 PM) *

I did about $100k on PayPal last year without any issues. I don't see a better solution than pp for the kind of transaction I do (used Porsche parts purchase & sales) but maybe in time something will come along.

The only people that complain about PayPal are the ones that screw people over and PayPal locks up their account until the issue is resolved and usually not in their favor. I have been with PayPal since they started, no better solution and never have had any issues.
+Quote Post
914werke
post Feb 26 2017, 07:01 PM
Post #7

"I got blisters on me fingers"

Member No.: 453
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 26 2017, 04:35 PM) *

The only people that complain about PayPal are the ones that screw people over and PayPal locks up their account until the issue is resolved and usually not in their favor. I have been with PayPal since they started, no better solution and never have had any issues.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) So you are saying I am a scammer?
Have I ever done a deal with you Mike ?
What a Douche!
You know nothing about me nor my transaction history using that service.
Apparently in your eyes Paypal is beyond reproach and can do no wrong?

Believe it or dont, I dont care, in all that time I never had a deal go south.
Get a clue. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 26 2017, 07:21 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 26 2017, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 26 2017, 04:35 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) So you are saying I am a scammer?
Have I ever done a deal with you Mike ?
What a Douche!
You know nothing about me nor my transaction history using that service.
Apparently in your eyes Paypal is beyond reproach and can do no wrong?

Believe it or dont, I dont care, in all that time I never had a deal go south.
Get a clue. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/finger.gif)

Hey Richie, Not saying you are a scammer but PayPal only ties up your account when there is a dispute. Give us the particulars on why PayPal tied up your account for a couple hundred dollars. When people close down a PayPal account and try to open a new one that is a red flag. Based on your response I would say PayPal shut you down. Do a search on the internet it is 1% who have a beef with PayPal and it is because they were a loser on a dispute. If I sell something to someone and they are not happy no questions asked I take it back with a full refund. If you had a dispute and the buyer wasn't happy just take it back pretty simple.
+Quote Post
sixaddict
post Feb 26 2017, 09:28 PM
Post #9

Member No.: 9,961
Region Association: South East States

Damn...all I asked if anyone had issues about changes and higher costs
Didn't mean to start an f---ing war (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Feb 26 2017, 11:34 PM
Post #10

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 26 2017, 06:22 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with Mark. The thing you need to keep tabs on is how much $$ comes through your account. If you have over $20k in transactions AND 200+ transaction it gets reported to our buddies the IRS and paypal gives you a 1099. They DONT mail the form to you, well at least they didn't for me in 2013, but you can download it from paypal.

As for the fees and such, yep it sucks. As business, I really don't see much difference between their fees and if I took Visa/MC. They all get their cut (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) My bitch is with ebay and their fees on shipping charges. All the idiots that sold stuff for a penny so they wouldn't get hit with big ebay fees, but charge big $$ for shipping screwed everyone, hence the reason for ebays fees on shipping. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stick.gif)
+Quote Post
porschetub
post Feb 27 2017, 01:35 AM
Post #11

Advanced Member

Member No.: 18,995

Mike you seem to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stirthepot.gif) folks up (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif) .
Never had an issue been great and all my dealing are 98% oversea's
+Quote Post
Mike Fitton
post Feb 27 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 26 2017, 07:28 PM) *

No war, same 1% that bash PayPal online. PayPal is same cost as a credit card just more convenient. It is here to stay and is a choice for payment along with visa, MasterCard, Amex, etc on most websites. Amazon better get with it, I have passed on buying on Amazon several times because they don't take PayPal.
+Quote Post
get off my lawn
post Feb 28 2017, 01:32 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 13,462

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Feb 26 2017, 08:28 PM) *

You wanna war? i'll give you a war. say hello to my leettle friend ........... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:14 AM